[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
Rhazer wrote:
Maybe I'm just dumb but I can't work out why we can't use double dagger. I'm level 65 my gear is meh but I can't find any weapon decent enough to go into my off hand my tooltip is around 8k with no charges or golem up. Any suggestions on what off hand weapon to try and get.

You can use a brightbeak if you want, there's relentless fury which is an axe that has culling strike on it, the culling strike is global, and when you cull a mob you gain Onslaught buff for a few seconds.

Death's Hand is another one, but fairly "expensive" at the moment, especially if you play temp leagues. 30% chance to gain power charge on enemy stun, and you gain unholy might for 2 seconds on crit, which is 30% of your phys damage as extra chaos damage.
"
Rhazer wrote:
Maybe I'm just dumb but I can't work out why we can't use double dagger. I'm level 65 my gear is meh but I can't find any weapon decent enough to go into my off hand my tooltip is around 8k with no charges or golem up. Any suggestions on what off hand weapon to try and get.

Pick up a white mace from a1n or vendor -> have fun with 32% more DPS.

"
Curtsie wrote:
May I ask what you use as a stat stick? There is the Death's Hand that is new and seems like it could be very good, Unholy Might for 2 seconds on crit, and power charges on stun, potentially freeing up a gem slot for something else.

I am still looking for a suitable offhand weapon, which is why I haven't linked one in the guide yet. Doryani's, Death's Hand, Soul Taker or even a rare mace/axe/sceptre are all good choices.

"
Curtsie wrote:
Death's Hand is another one, but fairly "expensive" at the moment, especially if you play temp leagues. 30% chance to gain power charge on enemy stun, and you gain unholy might for 2 seconds on crit, which is 30% of your phys damage as extra chaos damage.

Since this is a high attackspeed DPS build, I doubt that you will actually be able to stun monsters.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
With how easy VP is to get now, do you still feel like getting bino's is a worthwhile investment? I'm 61 now and starting to path into crit nodes, and sometimes VP still doesn't feel like it has the impact it should have, I was maybe thinking of using Bino's and speccing out of VP until I get higher dps.

I apologize for the numerous questions.
"
Curtsie wrote:
With how easy VP is to get now, do you still feel like getting bino's is a worthwhile investment?
I specifically commented on Bino's in my guide an also responded to your ingame question regarding this topic, there is nothing I can add to that.

"
Curtsie wrote:
I'm 61 now and starting to path into crit nodes, and sometimes VP still doesn't feel like it has the impact it should have, I was maybe thinking of using Bino's and speccing out of VP until I get higher dps.

I apologize for the numerous questions.

With lv 61 you probably aren't even leech capped, so VP will have little benefit for you now, however VP is essential for late game survivability (unless you have acuity).
My bad if this is already in thread. But what gem would you substitute if you only had a 5link? (i only have a 5link belly as 6link is too much). thanks
Any chance on a general leveling guide?

Where do you head first in the skill tree?

What skills do you pick up early for leveling and such?

Thanks for the tips and answers :)
Does dw trick (only mainhand attacks) work with soultaker? How much dps decreases compared with catalyst and cast hatred+hoa+hot (with curse-assmark links)?
Last edited by Sunshine80 on Jul 30, 2015, 2:16:47 AM
"
TrÎppy wrote:
My bad if this is already in thread. But what gem would you substitute if you only had a 5link? (i only have a 5link belly as 6link is too much). thanks

5L: Reave-Multistrike-MeleePhys-AddedFire-AoE/PCoC

"
repairman1988 wrote:
Any chance on a general leveling guide?

Efficient Levelling is a very complex topic and would require a complete guide on its own.

"
repairman1988 wrote:
Where do you head first in the skill tree?

Go from Shadow -> Ranger -> Duelist while following the node prioritization rules.

"
repairman1988 wrote:
What skills do you pick up early for leveling and such?

Thanks for the tips and answers :)

Fire Trap can help you alot in early game.

"
Sunshine80 wrote:
Does dw trick (only mainhand attacks) work with soultaker? How much dps decreases compared with catalyst and cast hatred+hoa+hot (with curse-assmark links)?

The mainhand attack bug affects all reave incompatible weapons and therefore alsp ST.
The DPS increase/loss equals the base APS ratio Axe/Dagger.
"
Sunshine80 wrote:

The mainhand attack bug affects all reave incompatible weapons and therefore alsp ST.
The DPS increase/loss equals the base APS ratio Axe/Dagger.[/quote]
Ty for answer. But if to use claw, its leech won't apply to dagger attacks, right?
"
Sunshine80 wrote:
Ty for answer. But if to use claw, its leech won't apply to dagger attacks, right?

The whole point of this build is to use a reave incompatible weapon. Claws are compatible with reave and therefore will result in alternating attacks and gimping your DPS.
To answer your question: Leech is a local mod on weapons, so you would only leech on the hits that are actually done with the claw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info