[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

So I'm still trying to understand this Dual Wield thing. I currently have a 1.75 APS dagger in my MH with Great Old One's Ward in my OH.

I've yet to find a mace/axe that is faster than the 1.75 APS dagger (1.4 base + 25% IAS). Would putting a slow incompatible weapon in my OH be an increase? Would it need to go in the MH?

If so how does a slower weapon increase my DPS? From what I've gathered it's from using a faster weapon, not a slower weapon.

I'd lose the 10%IAS and Flat phys damage from the shield as well.
Last edited by StrikeQ on Jul 30, 2015, 6:04:53 PM
If i'm not mistaken, going dw with a reave incomparable weapon does nothing for you, aside from giving you the dual wield related passive bonuses and the dual wielding related bonuses. Any dps increase from the actual offhand weapon is tooltip inflation and not actual dps. you could more or less equip a white in your offhand for that "bonus". Personally i'd prefer a shield over twin terrors and a 15% ias boost.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
"
StrikeQ wrote:
So I'm still trying to understand this Dual Wield thing. I currently have a 1.75 APS dagger in my MH with Great Old One's Ward in my OH.

I've yet to find a mace/axe that is faster than the 1.75 APS dagger (1.4 base + 25% IAS). Would putting a slow incompatible weapon in my OH be an increase? Would it need to go in the MH?

If so how does a slower weapon increase my DPS? From what I've gathered it's from using a faster weapon, not a slower weapon.

From what I could test only base APS matters, so you can equip a 1.5 Siege Axe mainhand for an additional small DPS increase. In your case it would probably be best to do it like me and keep the dagger in the mainhad, while using the reave incompatible weapon (e.g. Doryani's) in your OH.

"
StrikeQ wrote:
I'd lose the 10%IAS and Flat phys damage from the shield as well.

You loose ~10% DPS from the shield, but get a 32% more multiplier from DW bonus, ~12% DPS increase from Doryani's + ~20% DPS increase from the DW nodes.

"
Based_Nito wrote:
Any dps increase from the actual offhand weapon is tooltip inflation and not actual dps.

This is wrong, since there a global mods on weapons aswell.

"
Based_Nito wrote:
you could more or less equip a white in your offhand for that "bonus".

If you had read the guide, you would know that I specifically mentioned the possibility to get a white mace from a1n.

"
Based_Nito wrote:
Personally i'd prefer a shield over twin terrors and a 15% ias boost.

So having an additional ~20Hp and ~8% block chance is worth more to you than an DPS increase of more than 75%? If this is your actual opinion and not a troll attempt, I strongly advise you to reconsider your "preferences".
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
you use acrobatics and yet your gears are all hybrid? Can you show ur defense stats? I tried your build with eva gears and honestly I ripped a lot. Basically when i get hit i die, especially against bosses. And as melee, I still get hit pretty often even if reave is sort of ranged. I had to switch to 1h & shield for better survivability. Maybe ur build works for lvl100 but not for a lvling 90+ character.
Howdy,

I recently started leveling this build and felt that my impressions so far have deserved a comment. It is a fun build so far and I have found it interesting to work around not having a grinding guide included for a player that hasn't played this game in a while.

Mainly I wanted to say that after looking through several other reave based builds and videos I can only conclude that you have done an excellent job working with changes in the game. It would seem that you have a great understanding of the current game mechanics and how they work with your build. Your gear recommendations and active skill usage are quite different than many of the similar builds that are out there and after playing around I am finding it very creative and preferable to the alternative styles.

Kudos
"
you use acrobatics and yet your gears are all hybrid?

The reason why I use a hybrid AR/EV base for my boots + helmet is that those item bases have the best supply and I don't have to bother with rolling off colours. Having a few hundred more armor or evasion points on your items is completely irrelevant.

"
I tried your build with eva gears and honestly I ripped a lot. Basically when i get hit i die, especially against bosses. And as melee, I still get hit pretty often even if reave is sort of ranged.

I find it hard to believe that you get one shotted with 5.4k life under normal situations. Bossfights are always tough for any melee DPS build as long as you are undergeared. The reason for this lies within the design of the game and simply has to be accepted as a matter of fact.

"
I had to switch to 1h & shield for better survivability.

And that is where you are wrong. A shield does not provide you with any defensive boni except a small boost to your block chance. The incredible increase in DPS provided by an offhand weapon (55%+) accelerates your kill speed by so much that you actually get hit less often as a result than with the ~7% block chance increase of a shield.

"
Spoiler
Howdy,

I recently started leveling this build and felt that my impressions so far have deserved a comment. It is a fun build so far and I have found it interesting to work around not having a grinding guide included for a player that hasn't played this game in a while.

Mainly I wanted to say that after looking through several other reave based builds and videos I can only conclude that you have done an excellent job working with changes in the game. It would seem that you have a great understanding of the current game mechanics and how they work with your build. Your gear recommendations and active skill usage are quite different than many of the similar builds that are out there and after playing around I am finding it very creative and preferable to the alternative styles.

Kudos

Thanks alot for taking the time and posting your feedback, I really appreciate it.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
I wanted to say thanks for all the work you've done in providing this build. It captures the feel I was looking for. I'm a noob and a casual to PoE, a difficult combination for this game, but I've been reading your guide and learning as much as I can in the process of following your skill tree. Hopefully I haven't screwed it up too bad in the leveling process. I'm finally to the point of trying to put it all together instead of just leveling. As I've looked at daggers, I've wondered about DPS. Does it matter if most of the DPS from my dagger is physical or elemental or does it all equal our on the end regardless of the type of damage on the dagger?
Last edited by WoundedDuck on Aug 4, 2015, 1:41:11 PM
All your dps is physical scaled, there is no use of ele damage on weapons.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
you use acrobatics and yet your gears are all hybrid?

The reason why I use a hybrid AR/EV base for my boots + helmet is that those item bases have the best supply and I don't have to bother with rolling off colours. Having a few hundred more armor or evasion points on your items is completely irrelevant.

"
I tried your build with eva gears and honestly I ripped a lot. Basically when i get hit i die, especially against bosses. And as melee, I still get hit pretty often even if reave is sort of ranged.

I find it hard to believe that you get one shotted with 5.4k life under normal situations. Bossfights are always tough for any melee DPS build as long as you are undergeared. The reason for this lies within the design of the game and simply has to be accepted as a matter of fact.

"
I had to switch to 1h & shield for better survivability.

And that is where you are wrong. A shield does not provide you with any defensive boni except a small boost to your block chance. The incredible increase in DPS provided by an offhand weapon (55%+) accelerates your kill speed by so much that you actually get hit less often as a result than with the ~7% block chance increase of a shield.

"
Spoiler
Howdy,

Kudos

Thanks alot for taking the time and posting your feedback, I really appreciate it.

I do have pretty shitty defense. That's why i was curious about your defense stats. i have 3.5k life 600ES 2.2k armour 3.5k evasion 40block 10spell block unbuffed. not all mobs can one shot me, mainly bosses and some high dmg phys rare mobs. I have 140k dps with aura/herald and 300k+ with charges/flask. But the dps is only good to clear trash mobs. For bosses I have to clear them super fast otherwise if i get hit when im not on granite/rumi i rip. And I like to play in 6 men party so I rip even more often. i use aegis to get ES and max block with flask. sometimes i use lioneye that gives me 1.4k armour/90+ life. I'm pretty sure if i don't have the shield my defense will be even worse.

ur 5.4 life is pretty high. but u dont have a lot of evasion on ur gear and ur armour/block is reduced. i'm curious how u survive tougher hits as melee. Regular mobs with +dmg or vulner mods hit hard as well.
Last edited by LBJames on Aug 4, 2015, 2:57:58 PM
Hey. What dagger can I afford for 10 exalted orbs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info