[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

Another question, what do we do for mana exactly? Is taking spirit void for the mana per hit and extra leech a viable option until we get dps high enough to regen mana from just one leech source?
"
verozo wrote:
Is it alright to be dual wielding two platinum kris instead of an axe/mace in the offhand?

Dual wielding two dagger is the worst thing you could possibly do, don't do it under any circumstances.

"
Hazama13 wrote:
Is it better to use HoA or the HoT -> CoH -> Assassins Mark?

Generating power charges with CoH can be very unreliable (especially in bossfights where you need them the most), which is why I use PCoC in my 6L. Also, the overkill prolif of HoA helps your clearspeed alot.

"
Curtsie wrote:
Small question, thread creator talks about how DW is king and also has the DW node twin terrors in the build, but i see everyone going 1H/shield. Am I missing something? Is DW actually not good like the OP says? Or does PoE have some weird mechanic and having a shield actually counts as DW?

Everything I am talking about in this guide is strictly related to this build and this build only. If you are playing a reave Shadow going DW is the best way to play your build. If you play something else, chances are high that you are better off with a shield instead.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
Bloodhatred wrote:
I'm loving the idea of dual wielding with reave , do you think Bino's and Soul Taker could work as a weapon ? Asking since i just got them and would love a melee build using those two weapons :P.

Soul Taker is a reave incompatible weapon, so it is perfectly fine to use it. While ST does not give you offensive boni on it's own, it enables you to use the HoT-CoH-AM setup (besides HoA + Hatred), which basically gives you a 7 link.

"
Bloodhatred wrote:
Also, if i use a Daresso's defiance 5Linked , what gem setup would you use for a 5L while i get to 6L ?

Reave-Multistrike-MeleePhys-AddedFire-AoE/PCoC

"
Bloodhatred wrote:
Forgot to ask , what would be the ideal gems's levels with Cast when damage taken and the ones linked to it ?

See "Gem setup" section. CwDt Lv. depends on preferences, but it is mostly used at a quite low level.

"
mascArie wrote:
Doryani's Catalyst effectively boosted my clear speed by 2 or 3 times flat. It's INSANELY good. Before it I was running Crest of Perandus, and I was afraid to lose that block. Now I don't regret anything, because now there's nothing to block since shit dies.

Thanks for the feedback report. Appreciate it a lot when people take the time to post their experiences with the build.

"
Etherfire wrote:
Definitely. It means you can reserve all your mana, get artic armor or something.

While I agree with ST being a potentially good offhand weapon, there are significantly better options for additional buffs available (HoT-CoH-AM setup comes to mind).

"
Curtsie wrote:
Another question, what do we do for mana exactly? Is taking spirit void for the mana per hit and extra leech a viable option until we get dps high enough to regen mana from just one leech source?

The additional mana leech will probably not help you much, but the mana gain on hit could be useful for sustainig your mana costs. Personally I would just use a Mana Potion for the time being, since most of the time you will probably go oom while covering great distances with Whirling Blades and any kind of leech or MGoH will not help you there.
Last edited by candoerfer on Jul 28, 2015, 6:20:03 PM
True. I was just giving a random example.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
great build,i really like play reave with u build,thx for sharing
Hey,

I've been playing this build in Warbands and so far it has been very fun with a great fast pace playstyle that is enjoyable.

I did have a question though. Why do you link Fortify with FS? I ended up changing it to Whirling Blades>FA>Fortify and it has felt a lot more organic to me. I wasn't sure if there was something behind FS that maybe I wasn't seeing or if it was just a matter of preference.

Thanks in advance.
"
nazeroth77 wrote:
Hey,

I've been playing this build in Warbands and so far it has been very fun with a great fast pace playstyle that is enjoyable.

I did have a question though. Why do you link Fortify with FS? I ended up changing it to Whirling Blades>FA>Fortify and it has felt a lot more organic to me. I wasn't sure if there was something behind FS that maybe I wasn't seeing or if it was just a matter of preference.

Thanks in advance.

Since I rarely loose my Reave stacks, whirling into packs does practically never happen, while Flicker is still often used as a initiation tool if you have to jump over objects or cliffs. I also run sometimes out of mana if I do speedruns (bypassing monsters means no mana to leech back), so putting an additional mana strain on Whirling Blades is something I wanted to avoid. Furthermore the GGG color restriction of my dagger made it hard to find a suitable gem setup with Whirling Blades + Fortify.
If you don't face mana issues (or are using a potion anyway) then supporting Whriling Blades with Fortify is a good option aswell.
Maybe I'm just dumb but I can't work out why we can't use double dagger. I'm level 65 my gear is meh but I can't find any weapon decent enough to go into my off hand my tooltip is around 8k with no charges or golem up. Any suggestions on what off hand weapon to try and get.
May I ask what you use as a stat stick? There is the Death's Hand that is new and seems like it could be very good, Unholy Might for 2 seconds on crit, and power charges on stun, potentially freeing up a gem slot for something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info