block chance reduction gem nerfed by 10% across the board

"
"

that would be OP since RT is right there. Those nodes took very little investment and were surrounded by other AMAZING nodes. Please try to keep in mind that each side of the tree has different keystones.

right side have acro

This ^ lol.

We could spend ages argueing which sides deserve it more. I think neither is the best cause of block pen gem (but now its nerfed so thats fucked)

@MrEnzyme: Nah they didnt talk about it but I did with others. We know they removed the templar ones and we know that block pen gem + block pen nodes together are kinda OP so my conclusion is they may remove the nodes.
IGN: @GreenDude
Tempest shield users are going to have fun next patch I guess...
I don't think a 10% reduction will throw whole builds away, or create new ones.

45 - 35 for HLD
28 - 18 for LLD

If taking no block reduction nodes on the tree...

That translates to a 41% chance of being blocked changing to 49%, assuming the HLD opponent has 75% block, and a 29% chance of being blocked changing to 33%, assuming the LLD opponent has 40% block.

Aren't we being overly dramatic here, or am I missing something?
IGN: _Firebitch
I think people are not being overly dramatic, 8% block is like 4 nodes less to use on block to be on the same level as before which mean more dmg or life, tempest will be even stronger now and my guess is that this change is going to seriously hurt people using 2h/bow and actually buff heavy shield users.
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
I don't think a 10% reduction will throw whole builds away, or create new ones.

45 - 35 for HLD
28 - 18 for LLD

If taking no block reduction nodes on the tree...

That translates to a 41% chance of being blocked changing to 49%, assuming the HLD opponent has 75% block, and a 29% chance of being blocked changing to 33%, assuming the LLD opponent has 40% block.

Aren't we being overly dramatic here, or am I missing something?

It's a problem because it essentially buffs the melee builds that are already the strongest ...
Shop:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/242144

IGN: phatdood
I'm fine with the block pen gem nerf only if they remove the block penetration nodes from the tree.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
I'm fine with the block pen gem nerf only if they remove the block penetration nodes from the tree.

and buff gem to 50% at 20/20
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

Yep ^ What these two guys said.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

^THIS

Would allow for such better weapon diversity in pvp
Shop:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/242144

IGN: phatdood
I'm completely fine with total removal of sword block reduction nodes (I play a 2H Sword Duelist).

My only issue with this is that swords will become completely and utterly useless because they no longer have any niche roll to fill or a comparative advantage to offer. 2H Axes have the highest base DPS and staves have block and the highest implicit crit chance. What do swords get? Without block reduction, 2H swords have nothing. So sure, remove the block reduction nodes but fill it with something else.

A lot of you are arguing that removing block reduction nodes will open up build diversity, but it will also reduce diversity by making an entire weapon class completely irrelevant.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Aug 13, 2014, 6:31:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info