block chance reduction gem nerfed by 10% across the board

The most amusing change to me is that now it's possible to make a shadow with EK, puncture, clever construction and phase acro while having all the damage passives benefit every skill (ek, bear trap, puncture). So as good as puncture was at range before, now it gets to swap to EK wand/shield and have 40% block/dodge up close, with unbreakable bear traps that now get 77% extra damage from the new phys passives. Can't say for sure without testing, but I'd be shocked if that isn't the new best build.

That's also in combination with the fact that every melee will go duelist now to get block pen/RT, so none of them will have acro to contend with puncture (and the apparent bow buff lol).
Last edited by MrEnzyme on Aug 15, 2014, 3:44:16 PM
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
I like the changes overall. My only concerns:

-Puncture is unchanged.
-Life is scarce. Fights will be short and 1 shot heavy
-EK is just getting more and more benefits all the time. im scared how it will end up.

I feel like the last change to EK was a nerf. With the decrease in damage it made granites much better of a counter.

we were referring to LLD EK
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
GreenDude wrote:

"

RANK____ACCOUNT______CHARACTER_______WINS__LOSS__GAMES PLAYED
2.______Lordsidro____LordOfTheDumpster____13_____1_____14

It seems puncture destroys more matchups than you let believe. You always act like puncture is weak against all melees which is absolutely not the case. Puncture build loses against one maybe two very specific builds and absolutely destroys everything else. Furthermore, in teams, puncture always wins the game (in a non-tournament environment ofc*). I won;t argue if it is the best build or not, but it has a ridiculously high amount of favorable matchups and thats just fact.

Also puncture builds are not done yet. They can get strong by getting +1 arrow on bow and quiver so they can drop LMP for more damage. They have a nice choice of quivers to corrupt as well like Brodestroke (inexpensive and has nice damage bonus due to how puncture works) or even Readguard for defensiveness (that armor and block.....) As well as just improving gear in general. AND in 1.2.0 all bows have received a damage upgrade (source: i played Taiwanese clients and all bows starting by short bow have all had their low end/high end improved and in some cases the crit/atk spd also improved)

RANK____ACCOUNT______CHARACTER_______WINS__LOSS__GAMES PLAYED
11. dzordzo Claire_PewVeePew____________4______7______11

Played in the same ladder, against the same opponents with a puncture char he is not 13 and 1. During the ladder he had MUCH better gear than me and its still comparable to my gear now. If its puncture that is so over powered and you keep complaining about from your facebreaker perspective why is he not at the same record as me? You make it sound so easy and really try to discredit any wins I have. If its so easy why don't you just play it? And please explain this disparity in the records of Dzordzo and I. (Dzordzo <3 you not trying to get on your nerves)

Regarding your post
I'm already at that gearing level though, have you not seen my recent corrupts and divines? What melee is at that gearing level in HC? Just 1.
regarding 1.2
Ya the base dmg of lld bows goes up like 2-4 i think low and high respectively.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Aug 15, 2014, 5:27:07 PM
"
andkamen wrote:
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
I like the changes overall. My only concerns:

-Puncture is unchanged.
-Life is scarce. Fights will be short and 1 shot heavy
-EK is just getting more and more benefits all the time. im scared how it will end up.

I feel like the last change to EK was a nerf. With the decrease in damage it made granites much better of a counter.

we were referring to LLD EK

So was I
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
MrEnzyme wrote:
The most amusing change to me is that now it's possible to make a shadow with EK, puncture, clever construction and phase acro while having all the damage passives benefit every skill (ek, bear trap, puncture). So as good as puncture was at range before, now it gets to swap to EK wand/shield and have 40% block/dodge up close, with unbreakable bear traps that now get 77% extra damage from the new phys passives. Can't say for sure without testing, but I'd be shocked if that isn't the new best build.

That's also in combination with the fact that every melee will go duelist now to get block pen/RT, so none of them will have acro to contend with puncture (and the apparent bow buff lol).

Shadow does it all! now. EK, Bear Trap, Puncture, Dagger, Claw, Acro/Hybrid/Hex Master. It slices it Dices Clean your pets with it, Scrub your carpet, mow your lawn.
Just looking at the new tree and yeah. WTF with the shadow lol. No other real choice to make ek and/or puncture LLD'rs now... less diversity than ever. So boring :/

The more I look at it the more I lol. Fucking MacGyver xd
S1 Europe LLD champion :)

Last edited by SirEdwards on Aug 18, 2014, 4:22:43 PM
guys tbh block reduction combined with sword is still very very powerful.

you can still have around 70 reduction combined with passives that should be enough to kill block builds with swords ...

or am i wrong? :)
"
hitreza wrote:
guys tbh block reduction combined with sword is still very very powerful.

you can still have around 70 reduction combined with passives that should be enough to kill block builds with swords ...

or am i wrong? :)

it should be around 53% as duelist with both block pene nodes and a 20q lvl 4 block pene gem. The block pene gem isnt official yet I think.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info