block chance reduction gem nerfed by 10% across the board

"
MrEnzyme wrote:

Removing the sword block pen nodes? Could you link to that?

"
GreenDude wrote:

Keep in mind they may have removed the block pen sword nodes.
IGN: @GreenDude
Gem needs restored or even buffed! IMO and sword nodes need a 50% nerf at least thoughts?
"
Lordsidro wrote:
Gem needs restored or even buffed! IMO and sword nodes need a 50% nerf at least thoughts?

I think 100% nerf to block pen sword nodes lol. By having no block pen nodes in the tree, your not forcing a certain class to be expert at block pen nor a certain weapon type to be the block pen go-to.

If there is no block pen nodes, but instead there is a block pen gem that works on everything including spells at the cost of more mana and a gem slot, then this can certainly help balance at all levels of pvp.

The problem? They nerfed the block pen gem lol..
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:
"

And Aegis users will again be OP in HLD

Yea.

Well that problem is with aegis not the rest of pvp. If aegis didn't exist then my point would of been valid. (and it is for LLD) Sadly HLD is a nightmare to balance because of stuff like legacy.

It's not just aegis, any block combined with dodge will also be superior. Pretty much any block in general
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
MrEnzyme wrote:

Removing the sword block pen nodes? Could you link to that?

"
GreenDude wrote:

Keep in mind they may have removed the block pen sword nodes.

What I was asking is if they mentioned that somewhere or if you were just talking hypothetically. It seemed like an odd thing to just say out of the blue.
Last edited by MrEnzyme on Aug 13, 2014, 1:30:48 PM
i dont know why they didnt remove the rangers -block when they did the mara
imo only -block should be on duelist and stay -15% so its niche
"
exmse wrote:

That's actually a cool flavorful idea^
"
Lordsidro wrote:

(this is for lld)

I agree

Getting block pen in the tree is a huge investment already, I haven't seen anyone QQing about block pen nodes until now.

My predictions:

- 2H weapons are dead, even more so than before.

- With these changes, the fastest hitting weapons will still dominate melee builds. This change is WORSE for weapon diversity.

- Spell casters will be favored in 1v1, especially with the new bench changes. They are already extremely strong, but (almost) nobody has the right gear to make them work

- Raging spirits will be even worse against melee

- Puncture builds will be even worse in 1v1 vs melee. It will be a slight nerf in team games, but workable.
Shop:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/242144

IGN: phatdood
if they remove block pene nodes then people will just go full block and dominate. The nodes have alot of investment in them and each tree has a niche to a weapon or element style. Shadow is undeniably better with dagger, witch with wands, duelist/mara with axe, and on and on. Block pene nodes should not be outright removed, maybe a reworking, but I also think if block pene is that big of a deal there should be more nodes on the tree so all classes can get them. I dont think ranger having them is a problem especially with the investment it takes. My suggestion is more block penetration nodes on the tree for other builds to get since the block pen gem may no be enough and/or you may value passive points less than the socket for your build.

"
exmse wrote:

that would be OP since RT is right there. Those nodes took very little investment and were surrounded by other AMAZING nodes. Please try to keep in mind that each side of the tree has different keystones.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Aug 13, 2014, 2:39:43 PM
"

that would be OP since RT is right there. Those nodes took very little investment and were surrounded by other AMAZING nodes. Please try to keep in mind that each side of the tree has different keystones.

right side have acro
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info