[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

"
thinkover wrote:
"
Vadde wrote:

Thank you for the tips :) I'm using molten strike atm. Shouldn't i use cyclone while leveling? If i got a facebreaker that is.

No no, dont use cyclone while leveling. There is several reasons why it s not suggested.
1: Cyclone has high mana cost and you dont have enough mana if 75% is reserved (HoA+Hatred). Thinking about skipping 1 of aura is pointless, cause it decreases dmg a lot.
2: Cyclone with Blood Magic early is self-kill. High mana cost of CC, increased by BM and other supports makes it not possible to outheal early (unless you decide to deal no dmg but use LoGH+LL)
3: Power of this build lays in using Blood Rage for Life Leech (+ u may increase LL from nodes a bit) to outheal the Life cost of supported CC. Therefore you have 1 spare socket to use for increaseing the dmg of CC (and it changes a lot) so even with 5L you can clear common maps easly.

Summing it up - dont use cyclone for leveling. Switch to it once you obtain at least 5L and you surpass Blood Rage life degen with you life regen.

For leveling with facebreakers use either: Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Fortify + Mana Leech (ML lets u constantly attack on 25% free mana)
or
Ice Crash + Melee Phys Dmg + Fortify + Mana Leech.

I suggest you using Ice Crash. Ive been using Infernal Blow several league while IC wasnt in game and I judge it as weaker to Ice Crash cause instead of MSplash you can use MPD while still dealing splash damage.

Once you get facebreakers buy ring + flat phys damage an amulet + flat phys damage. (ring 5-10 + amulet 7-14 will take you to mercilless). Phys damaged increased % is basciclly worthless.

Overall facebreaker build has few flaws. The greatest weakness of facebreakers are THE FACEBREAKERS. As an item it provides NOTHING but unaramed damage. It forces you to use items with flat phys damage to sagnificietly increase damage (Amulet, Rings, Unique Belt, 2 Unique Helmets, Crafted or Uqniue shield). Therefore you are having less + Flat Life from items than other builds (no weapon, no gloves, and choices between more damage or more life on rest). In conclusion that makes the build rely on LEVELs and nodes that increases Life. I feel that after level 70 FB builds gets by skill points more than other common builds.

On the other hand FB is real FUN and makes you THE MAN! You are habing boss on you face and you are smashing its face by your bare hands!

This is awesome advice, thanks a lot for posting this!!

I'm up to 241.8k dps at the moment. I don't have any really high maps but I'll probably make a 73+ recording of an hour or so this weekend just to entertain you guys.

My goal is to hit 250k. Once I reach that, I'll probably respec down to about 200k dps and improve defenses a lot so I can safely do uber Atzi and the new map bosses.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
I have hard time do Normal Atziri with this gear, someone talking about Uber :D
Spoiler
"
_kerber_ wrote:
I have hard time do Normal Atziri with this gear, someone talking about Uber :D
Spoiler

If I remember correctly, you said in a previous post you did around 55k dips with your current gear. Now to compensate with the lowish defence stats, the really high dps this build is capable of kills things so fast they don't have thing to get a lot of damage done. 55k dps for this build is decent, but you should try to aim for at least 100k dps before you do atziri runs (at least that's what I found) so you can bring her down fast enough so she doesn't get as much of a chance to get lots of damage done.
As to your gear, your flaks could be better, try getting a rumi a sap because the defence really really good, and for your life flasks, you sound have one divine life flask that instantly gives the life back, so you can really quickly recover your health. You could get one less %increased damage taken on abyssus :3. A really good way to increase your dps would be legacy gloves. I got a pair of 920% for like 5ex, so you do need to pay a huge amount but it would be a nice chunk of damage gained. I would focus on your flaks first then new face breakers. Always keep he looks out for higher flat phys rings and amulets that don't kill your res. once you got everything upgraded nicely, aim for a 6l carcass jack.
Of course this is how I found this build best works for me, the might be better more efficient ways of going about this, but this is how I found it works the best for me.
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:

This is awesome advice, thanks a lot for posting this!!

I'm up to 241.8k dps at the moment. I don't have any really high maps but I'll probably make a 73+ recording of an hour or so this weekend just to entertain you guys.

My goal is to hit 250k. Once I reach that, I'll probably respec down to about 200k dps and improve defenses a lot so I can safely do uber Atzi and the new map bosses.

THANKS for appriciation! :)

I d like to point out something that I've just found out. (for those who dont have 6L)

If you have to choose between Fortify, MPD, Added Fire Damage - Fortify adds least amount of damage.
Fortify has "INCREASED damage" and MPD has "MORE" damage. I dont know how exactly it works in math, but it HUGE diffrence. Im still lowlvl on Tempest, but while Fortify adds 400 dmg for me, MPD adds 1.6k and AFD 1.5k~.

So those who have to choose between those 3 skills, keep that diffrence in mind.
Hi DeChaoOrdo, i just got back into the game. Took a break since ealy march. I guess a lot have changed in four mounth, i'm glad to see this build is still viable keep the good work !
---
"
Kelemn wrote:
Hi DeChaoOrdo, i just got back into the game. Took a break since ealy march. I guess a lot have changed in four mounth, i'm glad to see this build is still viable keep the good work !

Thanks a lot buddy!

I've recorded a little over 50 minutes of sunday hangover mapping, mostly 73, some 74 and 75 maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CTvoWwHuuw
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Any chance for leveling trees section in guide?
Here's a variation on your build I've made that is serving me pretty well. I'm not sure if the damage is actually higher, but I traded some of your damage nodes for more survival and utility. I don't know what gems to put in my last item (besides Hatred) so far. Working on getting my shield 3R for the endurance charges. Also considering one of the new warcries

TREE

GEAR
Last edited by conqMax on Aug 3, 2015, 7:50:03 PM
It would be interesting to hear, does someone try to do Uber Atziri?
Is it possible to do with maxed non-legacy gear?

Moving forward with my gear and my next future plans: 6L Carcass Jack + better rings

Currently playing 74-76 maps and so far build working great. Died several time in Orchard boss fight map, but due to crazy map combo (vulnerability, + other mods) and some my mistakes.
Overall, build rocks and have great growth potential!!!

Updated gear (still need a lot of to change):
Spoiler

Hi, first actual post (wohoo).
I'm using a tabula rasa right now was thinking about switching to a 5l carcass jack removing the attack speed gem and going with cyclone-blood magic-melee phys, added fire, and concentrated effect, would this do less or more damage/clear speed than the tabula, or do I need different link when using a 5l?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info