[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

"
Zaofu03 wrote:
i wanna know if someone is gonna update this, i want to do this build soon, thanks

The op's been posting recently and this is a fairly popular build. Of course it's going to be updated. We still have a week or two before The Awakening is finalized.

I've been trying out variations of this build for a while now. I generally prefer more defenses (more armour and block chance nodes, Determination to help with reflect) because when I go all-out offense I feel super squishy and especially gimped in reflect maps even with Taste of Hate and Rumi's. With more block chance, you get some nice interactions with Riposte + Reckoning + ECoMS, and there's Tempest Shield...

With that said, I totally understand going for direct damage. If you don't make a powerful build, you might as well use a two-handed axe for Cyclone since your AoE will be far better!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I haven't been online much lately, the last beta patch didn't really bring anything new except for some nerfs and at this moment there's nothing more I can do to my regular build.

When Awakening is released it's probably gonna take weeks to find new gem combinations, the perfect jewels and build a new skilltree to make an optimal build again but I will of course update this thread again regularly with my progress.

Right now I'm doing a bit of theory crafting. I think Reckonong + Vengeance + Fortify + Melee Physical Damage will be a good combination to get some extra damage and have the Fortify buff up most of the time. Maybe a CwdT setup with a curse like Flammability, Vulnerability or Enfeeble and Molten Shell for more armour.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:
I think Reckonong + Vengeance + Fortify + Melee Physical Damage will be a good combination to get some extra damage and have the Fortify buff up most of the time.

I'm pretty sure Reckoning, Riposte, and Vengeance can't trigger Fortify, and Vengeance doesn't work with Facebreaker. Fortify has to go in the Cyclone setup unless you waste gem slots on an extra attack skill. It's a shame the only movement/attack skill that can be used with FB is Shield Charge.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I was worried about the DPS for 2.0 but having seen Phase run and the 40% more physical damage I now see 2.0 out DPS 1.3. I'd even go as far as to say personally I can reach 150-160k DPS.

The synergy with blood rage is going to be amazing. The movement and attack speed means dropping haste is not an issue, its even better. Coupled with the new aura reservations it means we can run hatred, herald of ash + one more herald.

Vaal pact is going to be excellent as well.

I've also worked out I can reach about 5.2k HP too which is a 2k boost for me :) Pumped for Awakening now!
IGN: Munkehboi
"
Munkehboi wrote:
Coupled with the new aura reservations it means we can run hatred, herald of ash + one more herald.
Awakening now!

That one more herald is (almost) useless ice and light only give like 1k extra dps.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
Tempada wrote:
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:
I think Reckonong + Vengeance + Fortify + Melee Physical Damage will be a good combination to get some extra damage and have the Fortify buff up most of the time.

I'm pretty sure Reckoning, Riposte, and Vengeance can't trigger Fortify, and Vengeance doesn't work with Facebreaker. Fortify has to go in the Cyclone setup unless you waste gem slots on an extra attack skill. It's a shame the only movement/attack skill that can be used with FB is Shield Charge.

I see you're right. Maybe Shield Charge + ECoMS + Fortify might be worth looking into.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
"
Munkehboi wrote:
Coupled with the new aura reservations it means we can run hatred, herald of ash + one more herald.
Awakening now!

That one more herald is (almost) useless ice and light only give like 1k extra dps.

Then an enlighten and and maybe reduced mana nodes can help sustain one of the purity's if needed or even vitally would be nice for survivability.

Potentially even Clarity to run a none BM cyclone. Could use Fortify for 6th Link instead.
Last edited by Munkehboi on Jul 1, 2015, 10:39:48 AM
"
Munkehboi wrote:
I was worried about the DPS for 2.0 but having seen Phase run and the 40% more physical damage I now see 2.0 out DPS 1.3. I'd even go as far as to say personally I can reach 150-160k DPS.

Where does the 40% more physical damage come from?

"
The synergy with blood rage is going to be amazing. The movement and attack speed means dropping haste is not an issue, its even better. Coupled with the new aura reservations it means we can run hatred, herald of ash + one more herald.

Yeah, as said above, another Herald is pretty useless. If you want Vitality (or Determination), you'll need Charisma on the tree (or Charisma + lvl 3 Enlighten + the Conqueror's Efficiency jewel).

"

Why would you take Vaal Pact? It cancels life regen that you want for Blood Magic Cyclone and Blood Rage.
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Munkehboi wrote:

Where does the 40% more physical damage come from?

"

Yeah, as said above, another Herald is pretty useless. If you want Vitality (or Determination), you'll need Charisma on the tree (or Charisma + lvl 3 Enlighten + the Conqueror's Efficiency jewel).

"

Why would you take Vaal Pact? It cancels life regen that you want for Blood Magic Cyclone and Blood Rage.

40% more physical damage comes from Phase run though not sure how that will interact with Cyclone as its a skill single use buff so it would take effect and end with the first hit. Good for bosses.

I also wont need a lvl 3 enlighten or conquerors jewel to run 3 auras. A lvl 2 Enlighten and Charisma will enable yo to run a 50%, 35% and 25% auras.

I've never relied on life regen for either of those. Though life leech has been changed its still feasible to go Vaal pact if you dont go blood magic. Mana leech coupled with unrelenting plus taking out blood magic gem itself will probably almost half cyclone mana cost. It's something that I would test when its live to see if its viable.
"
Tempada wrote:
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:

Flame dash was announced as a new skill after your post which means there is now another viable movement skill along with Phase run.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info