[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

nicebuild.
nicebuild
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:
Beta news!! So far HoA works exactly the same (no more Reduced Mana so now I'm using Fire Penetration for even more AoE damage)

Did you drop Tempest Shield, take reduced mana reserved nodes, or get Enlighten since Hatred + HoA (no supports) + Tempest Shield reserves all mana in beta?

Are you manually casting Enduring Cry? Using Summon Flame Golem? Fortify in place of Added Fire Damage?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on May 29, 2015, 1:36:53 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:
Beta news!! So far HoA works exactly the same (no more Reduced Mana so now I'm using Fire Penetration for even more AoE damage)

Did you drop Tempest Shield, take reduced mana reserved nodes, or get Enlighten since Hatred + HoA (no supports) + Tempest Shield reserves all mana in beta?

Are you manually casting Enduring Cry? Using Summon Flame Golem? Fortify in place of Added Fire Damage?

I dropped Tempest Shield for now, once the patch goes live I'll experiment with a levelled Enlighten.

I don't use Enduring Cry in the beta. In fact, at the moment I don't use anything that produces Endurance Charges but I think I'll probably go Reckoning + ECoMS.

I'm using a Flame Golem and right now I just use Added Fire because it gives way more dps. Again, once the patch goes live I can do more testing with my 6 linked chests.

I'm up to 79.7k dps and for the next four levels I can get 50% increased physical. My amulet is only 8-16 flat, my Facebreaker is 782% and I only have a 5 link chest so right now I'm really happy with that number and with my current tree.

Elemental Proliferation has been nerfed, it now gives a 20% reduction in damage for the supported skill at level 20 but because I can now use Fire Penetration I think the reduction will be negated at least so AoE damage won't suffer because of the nerf. Even if it doesn't negate all the reduction it won't be a problem, I expect to do a lot more damage so the overkill damage is much higher as well.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Hey! Been following this build for about a month now, reached 113k DPS with Atziri's promise popped and 4.7K life. Here's my gear, any tips on upgrades? I'm thinking of getting a ring and an amy with better lives on them but it's reaching GG gear lvls and it's way too expensive.

BTW I'm not having any trouble with the AoE, it's not huge but it's enough and ele prolif takes care of full packs easily. Here the cyclone 20%q upgrade was very important. That's when I totally ditched increased AoE and went conc effect full time. Also I have an IIQ gem and mostly run with that since 5L are more than enough for huge DPS: 90K with Atziri's promise popped.

I got two problems though: 1st I cannot keep up blood rage without serious degen, I'm at 200 life regen at the moment and gonna pickup sanctity for some more soon. I am also having huge trouble with Atziri & the trio too. It's not that easy as it seems in videos for me. Got my ruby flasks and a saffel's frame but still get quickly pawned. Maybe I'm too noob to do her or maybe I'm missing something?

And a couple of extra tips I found on my own:

Spoiler

1: Since Facebreaker does not allow you to run a weapon you can actually equip some random high int or dex item that you cannot use just to carry some extra gems around for leveling or easy swapping. To equip get some huge +int or +dex item while at your stash, make the item usable, equip and then remove said +int or +dex item for the item to become red (unusable) again. Gems on it still gain xp :) Wands are great for that purpose

2: What's missing in the build is some teleport effect, but you can carry that around in your second weapon slot. I use leap slam with faster attacks and blood magic on two prismatic eclipses for super speedy jumps! Gems here also get XP

(now that I see it maybe I should move added fire dmg to wand and add one more green socket on second eclipse for 12% faster jumps!)

EDIT: so level 88 fixed both issues. Sanctity bumped regent to 250 which finally made blood rage very manageable. Also tried Atziri and kicked her ass. Getting better results with each try (less rips)
Last edited by eirc on Jun 5, 2015, 4:24:25 AM
Hi, i am playing your build since 3 weeks now. It works fine and is fun to play :)

Here is my experience while playing the build:

Spoiler

+ Huge Buff with Quality on Cyclone Gem.
+ DMG is pretty good, also with only 5 Link and non Legacy FB.
+ AOE is ok, could be better.
+ Atziri is not as easy as in the Vids, but doable with some practice :)

Suriveability is ok, its getting better with more DMG and Rumi Flask (where you also have a legacy)

- Its really hard to get a 6L :(
- Bleeding is still very dangerous, sometimes i am to slow with my Flasks.
- Phys Reflect is also an issue, or well at least dangerous ;)

Well at all, thx for posting your Build here :)
I apologize if it's been mentioned but when leveling a new character how would you progress through the skill tree?
@ lvl_5_Ninja

Im currently 85 and started by going left into the ranger area. I traveled the highway to blood siphon and left the branches into melee phys and attack speed for last. I then went through part of the big health wheel and over to RT. After that I went up and got all the templar nodes. Then I picked up everything in the marauder area and went through all the duelist nodes. Im gonna finish off my pts in the ranger tree that I skipped in the beginning. That worked extremely well for me. Hope that helps!

P.S. I know they will end up being a different build but ele facebreakers yo!!!
hey there

im thinking on buying a legacy rumi's so i want to know from u guys: how important is to have a high chance to block spells? cause the price rise like a phoenix on the beach w hot chicks if rumi's has a hig chance to block spells. So i was thinking if its worth to buy one w 39% chance to block and 16% chance f spells

hope to see ur reply chaordo and from all u ppl who loves faceb
Last edited by Thiagon856 on Jun 11, 2015, 12:33:05 PM
Before I used a Rumi I never had problems with spells so to me spell block is not important.

That ele Facebreaker, holy crap. Herald of Thunder/Curse on Hit/Conductivity/Ele Weakness, Innervate/Lightnig Penetration/Added Lightning/Elemental Proliferation/Conc Effect shock Cycloner :D Can't wait to try them out.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Last edited by DeChaoOrdo on Jun 11, 2015, 5:23:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info