[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

Spoiler

So this is my gear right now - what should I upgrade next?
"
bersi23 wrote:
Just saying, but:
Your build seems to be pointless mate. Very low, almost non-existent AoE and the huge lack of survivability, just very high single target dps - this all doesnt define a good build.

Facebreaker Cyclone build is a good starting build for new players. But playing it in that way, over years - is a pure waste of time and effort. There are much better, much more effective cyclone builds. Basically, almost every alternative cyclone build is better than the FB-one.

Cyclone is a AOE attack. Playing it without boosting its only real sense - AOE, is really missed.

Have you even seen any of the movies I posted or spent more than a second trying to understand this build? I kill Atzi in 4 minutes, do a Gorge run in 2:30, clear 78 maps in 6 to 7 minutes... I'm level 96, you don't get that high without survability. I have 5k life, 75% block, 20% spell block and 16k armour with Rumi's popped (which I can keep up 90% of the time because of the insane clearspeed). I can take some criticism but this is just absolute nonsense.

Beta news!! So far HoA works exactly the same (no more Reduced Mana so now I'm using Fire Penetration for even more AoE damage) and I've seen no intentions of changing it so we're probably fine. I've been collecting some gear (finally got an Abyssus and Meginord's) and with pretty mediocre jewellery I'm hitting 67k dps atm at level 75. I have no specific unarmed jewels yet, just some basic damage ones and I only have a 5 linked chest so as it goes I'm pretty impressed.

Lockstep is awesome as well, no more desync at all when Cycloning.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Last edited by DeChaoOrdo on May 23, 2015, 5:01:54 AM
Hey hi man, first let me say the i really enjoy your build, is my perfect playstyle :). Second, i bought my first 6L chest but i think i fucked up because when i saw the gear spoiler i saw a Belly, but when i saw your item, you were using a carcass. well, my question is how much damage do you have with both Belly and Carcass? and what's your choice and why?

Thanks a lot.
Man, thanks a lot, this build is absolutely funny!!!
"
lik4n wrote:
Hey hi man, first let me say the i really enjoy your build, is my perfect playstyle :). Second, i bought my first 6L chest but i think i fucked up because when i saw the gear spoiler i saw a Belly, but when i saw your item, you were using a carcass. well, my question is how much damage do you have with both Belly and Carcass? and what's your choice and why?

Thanks a lot.

Both chests are amazing for this build. I'm using my Carcass at the moment because I hit the right colours on my Belly for my Righteous Fire toon but when you have enough dps like I do it doesn't really matter, Carcass doesn't add that much, maybe 3k or so. I really like the Belly because it adds like 450 more hp compared to the Carcass and it has armour as well. Once you get your other gear perfected, any 6 linked chest will do but the bonusses on Belly and Carcass are just awesome, given that you can cap your resists on your other gear.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:

Have you even seen any of the movies I posted or spent more than a second trying to understand this build?

I.e., I watched the movie where u play on lvl 78 Courtyard. That looks really weak, tbh. You run after each mob, trying to hit it. Your AOE is so low, you even dont hit a mob if whirling at its edge, you need to hit it in the middle to do damage. Your 4 min Atziri run - it is a lvl 70 area, sure, everything is dying so fast. Show me a well working build with good gear that isnt able of doing Atziri in few minutes.

It is kinda.. pointless to discuss with you if you dont even try to understand my criticism.

The mentioned HoA mechanic is with low AoE almost effectless. HoA must be linked with ele prolif to start to show its strengh - sure. But if you buff it with additional AOE from passives/carcass jack - you'll start to wonder.

Again, I have watched your vids and seen a weak play - this led me to write a comment.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on May 26, 2015, 6:57:19 PM
DeChaoOrdo I have a question, I'm using it with lightning coil to boost my defenses, what's your opinion?
"
bersi23 wrote:
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:

Have you even seen any of the movies I posted or spent more than a second trying to understand this build?

I.e., I watched the movie where u play on lvl 78 Courtyard. That looks really weak, tbh. You run after each mob, trying to hit it. Your AOE is so low, you even dont hit a mob if whirling at its edge, you need to hit it in the middle to do damage. Your 4 min Atziri run - it is a lvl 70 area, sure, everything is dying so fast. Show me a well working build with good gear that isnt able of doing Atziri in few minutes.

It is kinda.. pointless to discuss with you if you dont even try to understand my criticism.

The mentioned HoA mechanic is with low AoE almost effectless. HoA must be linked with ele prolif to start to show its strengh - sure. But if you buff it with additional AOE from passives/carcass jack - you'll start to wonder.

Again, I have watched your vids and seen a weak play - this led me to write a comment.

You watched a courtyard vid. With fucking birdmen in it. Getting amplify and carcass jack won't make any difference. Name any melee(not pseudo melee with full screen vaal reave, ground slam, etc) build that doesn't have problems with birdmen(except flicker).

As for apex, mobs there have more hp and damage than lvl78 mobs, its way more dangerous than any normal map. Sure, any well geared build can do apex, but as easily or as cheaply as with facebreaker(any variant of the build)? Not likely.

Your concerns are valid, to a degree. In fact, in the beginnning, this build had a huge amount of AoE scaling. That was before HoA + Ele Prolif. I have played builds like this, and clearspeed is definitely NOT a problem. There are other builds that use a solely single target attack(dual strike, heavy strike, etc) to make use of HoA, this is but another one of them.

And the last thing is something I mentioned before, in 2.0 facebreaker will not have ANY more AoE problems, ever. Unless you don't use the +4 to range gem, which would be stupid.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
verygood build...
I just dont see how you are running all 3 auras in your gear . iam lvl 84 with lvl 20 reduced mana gems and i just cant get the 3rd aura up with the skill tree listed . my gear is setup just like yours almost the same gear ... lol nevermind i got it i had vaal cyclone and enhance switched lmao Derp
Last edited by Meadlight on May 28, 2015, 12:57:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info