[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

Do u guys see any use for "The heup of all iron ring" in this build?
I was actually curious about using Ming's Heart ring for this build - You would need to balance the lost hp issue ofc, probably remove 4-5 damage nodes and put them into life. But still, 20% extra damage sounds huge, + you also get a lot of chaos res to counter the blood rage degen.
I think both le heup and ming are bad choices you need flat phys the best way tot get that is from rare rings with T1 flat phys roll. T1 gives way more dmg then both those unique rings.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Last edited by PaladinSMD on Feb 14, 2015, 2:10:31 PM
Hey, nice build. :> Interested as to whether you've tried uber yet? Relatively new player looking to re-roll an uber-viable build on softcore, and really can't decide what to do. :((
"
Ouchy wrote:
I was actually curious about using Ming's Heart ring for this build - You would need to balance the lost hp issue ofc, probably remove 4-5 damage nodes and put them into life. But still, 20% extra damage sounds huge, + you also get a lot of chaos res to counter the blood rage degen.

dont think thats OP. and u can get a extra 22% dmg easily by using one atziri amesthy flask
Hey DEChaoOrdo

im now lv 80 and its really going softly. Although i dont have a good gear (didnt even got the abyssus lol).

But im saving to buy a 6l chest armour and wanna ask u: should i get belly or carcass?

i think carcass will give me much more dps. But im interested into farming atziri w this build so, can u enlighten me?

thx
Hey, so you don't use haste any more, u use tempest shield?

Is the 129.7k dps reachable with the gear that you linked in guide and ur gems that are in the gear?

In your video of Gorge map what did you use ^^^ ?

Fantastic build by the way, and nice rings xD Thanks so much for sharing!
Spoiler
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:

Originally I started this character after a respec as a BoR/Facebreaker/Infernal Blow Melee Splash character. After weeks of optimization and loads of fun in the process I got stuck at around 26k dps. When I figured out Cyclone could be used unarmed I started respeccing and trying out different things and my conclusion was, Cyclone is awesome, now gimme deeps :P
I've never really copied someone elses builds so the entire build is built and optimized by me with a little help from some friends. My goal was to restore the glory of Facebreaker once more :o) It took me a few months to synergize my gear and skill passives but in the end it's worth all the trouble.

A lot has changed since I began this build. With the 1.1 and 1.2 patches I gained a lot of dps going from 60k in 1.1 to 93k dps in the 1.2 patch. In the new 1.3 patch I had to make a few sacrifices and it took me a good while to make the build as strong as before. Full block wasn't an option anymore unfortunately but after spending loads and loads of regrets and hours of testing the build now feels exactly the same as before, survivability wise. Damage wise I gained a lot. I'm now at 114.8k dps and clearspeed is just insane. Doing Atzi in under 4 minutes, a Gorge run in 2:31 and clearing a Courtyard map in about 7 minutes are just a few examples of what the build is capable of. I've made some new clips to show off the build and updated the tree.

New tree, 114,8k to 129.7k dps. Many thanks to Itharr57 for the idea!!

So now the total score is over 36k dps more compared to the 1.2 build.

As an addition to the new tree I boost Blood Rage and Enduring Cry with a level 2 Enhance for more charges and an added 1% life leech. Once I get a level 4 Enhance I will have 15% life leech instead of 11%. I switched my Atziri pot for a Rumi's Concoction for added survivability. My armour goes up to over 16k coming from 8900 and my block chance is maxed to 75% again. In addition I have 20% spell block. Because of the clearpeed I can have both my Quicksilver and Rumi's up 90% of any map.

Map runs:
These were done with the old 114,8k dps build, I'll be adding some new footage soon:

Atziri run in just under 4 minutes

Boss kill compilation

In order of appearence:

Torture Chamber
Crematorium
Maze
Necropolis
Residence
Academy
Shipyard
Shrine
Courtyard
Palace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912r3BP09SA

Tree, gear and other information

Gear and gems

My current gear setup:

Flasks

defensive stats

These are the defensive stats with both the Quicksilver and Rumi's pot popped. Because of the high clearspeed I can have them up about 90% of every map. Take note, this screenshot was made in my hideout. My chaos resist isn't 0 but -60%.

Bandits

Life or skillpoint (I took life) / Increased Physical / Skillpoint

Pros

Amazing DPS and clearspeed
Incredible AoE damage on mobs you don't hit because of HoA and Ele Prolif + Increased Burning
High life so no troubles being stunned
Incredible survivability
Cyclone is really fun to play
Being able to run any and all but one map mod (Blood Magic)
Atziri is a breeze
Can be really effective without legacy items as well

Cons

Can be pretty expensive with a non-legacy Facebreaker and 6 link Belly of the Beast or Carcass Jack

Below are the original 1.2 notes I made:

Pre 1.3

It's a pretty currency heavy build since you need to stack flat physical damage on just about any gearpiece you can carry and relying mostly on uniques but can still be very effective with less currency. Using a BoR and non-legacy Facebreaker for instance really cuts down the cost. While you probably have half of the dps it's still enough to do all kinds of fun stuff including Atziri.

I pretty much maxed out damage with the current gear and skill passives. Since I've started this thread I went from 60k to 73k. Soloing Atziri and 78 maps is pretty much a breeze. The only mapmod I reroll is blood magic as I want to keep my aura's up. Physical and Elemental reflect is not a problem unless you roll both :o) Solution for that is to trade in some dps for a 20/20 life leech gem. Half or no regen is no problem either.

I'm running Hatred / Purity of Elements / Herald of Ash aura's.

I've been working on the build again and I've managed to cap my resists without having to use Purity of Elements so I replaced that with Haste and gone up from 73k to 81k. I've switched some of my gear as well to reach 81k.
I linked my Herald of Ash to Elemental Proliferation for even more AoE damage.

I've also added footage of a Gorge run which I did in 3:30. Yeah, I missed 16 monsters but hey, not a bad run I'd say.

pre 1.2 old build in action, double Piety Shrine

Updated build in action, Shipyard

If anyone has any questions or want to see the build in action, please don't hesitate to add me ingame, ign Sciontics.

Hi!
Sorely lacking instructions leveling...
20 lvl?
40 lvl?
60 lvl?
80 lvl?

or

What skills to take first?
First thing to do is to get RT, then life and finally dps.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
58elrond wrote:
Hey, so you don't use haste any more, u use tempest shield?

Is the 129.7k dps reachable with the gear that you linked in guide and ur gems that are in the gear?

In your video of Gorge map what did you use ^^^ ?

Fantastic build by the way, and nice rings xD Thanks so much for sharing!

Yeah, with the tree, gear and gems in the first post I have 129,7k dsp.

Every now and then the question is asked about which path to take first, how to level the character, what nodes to take first etc. I have explained a couple of times that I started this build after a full respec with a level 89 character and that it's pretty much impossible to do some backwards theory crafting. Besides that. There are numerous diferent scenario's depending on stats on your gear like life leech, life regen, armour, hp etc.

This thread was never intended to be an actual step by step guide, it's more intended to give people a sense of what Facebreaker is capable of with the right use of skill, tree and gear. There were a lot of people in this thread making suggestions and giving tips to make the build even more awesome.

In general all builds, especially melee builds, follow the same path. Go for the important stuff first. With Cyclone you are always in the middle of the action so you want to make every hit count because of your life leech so you go for RT first. Then it's all up to you basically. The normal route would be life/armour/block, in other words survivability first and then focus on the damage. If you don't have enough regen yet to run Blood Rage and have no leech on your gear then take some in the tree and respec it later. If you can't keep on Cycloning then try a mana leech or life leech gem.

If you want a 'click this, use that, go to' guide then you're in the wrong place unfortunately but it is not hard at all to figure out what path to take.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info