IncGamers and OnRPG reveal Vagan, Weaponmaster

"
ventiman wrote:
so you really think you can roll 2 % physcials ?
what could be possible is to roll % and let him add the flat if it is possible but i think when you have access to him you will have a much better weapon

love vagan iam good at one thing....i dont die in your face sc´s ;) :P

There is more space below the scroll bar in the video, and Vagan may be able to allow you roll the Physical% Damage/Accuracy hybrid mod, so that would equal 2 physical% rolls. Not out of the picture until we get a full list of what the Masters can and cannot roll, but if he can, then that means you can get the higher Physical% Damage and flat damage first and then fill in the last hybrid roll via Vagan.
"
Chris wrote:
"
DubiousZero wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:
Add 100-119% more physical damage for ONE chaos? Uhhhhh amazing.

ikr... should be like 8 chaos

A lot of the crafting values shown in the video are prior to balancing and final review. 100-119% physical damage likely won't be a bench crafting option.

Can you at least set a reasonable probability of getting cruel and tyrannical? Almost all weapon drops are vendor trash due to 0.0000001% chance of getting a decent physical damage affix.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
You're somehow posting at unusual times nowadays, Chris. :)

I'm guessing sleep is not especially high on his priorities list right now ;)

Not not, not really ever.

Also, he's having to work around the publication schedules of these primarily US-based sites.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Serious question: Why would anyone want to pay currency to get a let's say 70% IPD roll on a weapon? Wouldn't just chaosing a weapon until you get a decent roll be a more viable option?..
IGN: Jarengax
Okay, I've been riding the hype train and white knighting the past few weeks, but I'm reeeeeally bothered by this recent reveal.

I understand that all of the values are subject to change, but why would you highlight, in a teaser literally a WEEK before the expansion, a crafting mod that:

1.) You've already determined is likely to NOT make the cut. I'm talking about the magnitude of the value, I know the mod will be in.
2.) Is at a price that is likely a fourth of the real price, or worse.

Surely you could've shown something we may actually be able to do? I understand that you want to show great crafting options, but giving us a 75% IPD roll at the cost of 4-5 Chaos is going to be a LOT shittier than 100-119% at one Chaos. Again, I feel this bit was purposely left in the teaser to give us expectations that are false.

Mostly, I'm mad because I watched the teaser, got excited at the prospect of rolling 119% IPD on a few weapons I have laying around. Then I come to the announcement to see that we won't even be able to do the things shown in the teaser? Not a great way to meet expectations.

That said, I appreciate all of the work that goes into this game, please take my feedback with love!

BIG EDIT: With regards to "RUINING TRADE THE ECONOMY OH NO!!!!!!" I think you guys are actually wrong. This is going to improve trading. Now, when you find an item that is ALMOST useable, it's just missing that one necessary mod, you'll be able to trade it. A weapon with high %IPD and AS is going to be useable AND tradeable now! I think this is going to improve both mid game play from a solo perspective, and open doors for trading items that were previously missing Life, Flat Phys, and other necessary mods.

Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Aug 12, 2014, 8:57:36 PM
I hope we are able to craft some of these upper tiers with a really high cost. 1 chaos is way too cheap but it wouldn't be unreasonable to pay 20-30 chaos for such a roll. Would also not destroy the crafting economy.

Side note - Did anyone notice how the leech was applied to that characters life when he hit the master?! Leech seems to have been revamped looking forward to that!
"
Chris wrote:
"
DubiousZero wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:
Add 100-119% more physical damage for ONE chaos? Uhhhhh amazing.

ikr... should be like 8 chaos

A lot of the crafting values shown in the video are prior to balancing and final review. 100-119% physical damage likely won't be a bench crafting option.

thank goodness, I though you guys had lost your minds there for a second :D

"
Jarenga wrote:
Serious question: Why would anyone want to pay currency to get a let's say 70% IPD roll on a weapon? Wouldn't just chaosing a weapon until you get a decent roll be a more viable option?..

because you found a weapon with flat, attack speed and crit? Let me show you a dagger here from my stash

thats pretty close to giving the same tooltip deeps as a binos, which is a 15-25 exalt dagger that can absolutely destroy lvl78 maps. If you spent 500 chaos on a dagger youd be unlikely to get this, I know, Ive alched over 500 daggers in the last 6 months and Ive never got a roll like this. Its got 69% phys and its a ridiculous weapon.

this is something I either alched or found a few weeks ago, I forget which. Its 2 mods away from being absolutely ridiculous, will I craft it? No, I just bought a Dragon Hunger Kriss for 180ex earlier today, why? Because Im not confident I can hit those 2 mods with 180 exalts worth of eternal/exalting.... were talking adding mods for a few chaos here.

This sort of crafting is great, Im really pleased to see it, but it should be there to make weapons like this...

out of things that just needed that one last roll to be a good entry level thing that will deal with maps. Or maybe thing slike the first dagger, IF you find something so wild but its missing % phys. Think what 119% phys would do to that top dagger, and realise it might cost you 100+ exalts of currency to hit that with the current crafting. Thats 3200 chaos, and you might not get it, I dunno if some of you realise just how big a deal that would be to get it guaranteed f0r 30 chaos, never mind 3 chaos, holy cow.

Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Aug 12, 2014, 9:15:24 PM
Finally, a vegan Master! I was waiting for this announcement. MUAHAHAHAA
i am excited to see the crafting madness
Exile is an illusion, exile!
"
Hamallainen wrote:
I have 2 questions about crafting with the Masters.

- Can the mod added by a Master be rerolled with a Divine ?

- For the usual crafting with exalts, can we use a Master's bench to purposely add an unwanted mod to our item like 'increased light radius' so we can be sure our exalt will not roll 'increased light radius' and then remove this crappy mod after exalting the item ?

Who's to say that an Exalted Orb can't reroll the same property that it's replacing? If you reroll a blue map with "of Temporal Chains" it still has a possibility of having the "of Temporal Chains" mod.
Dayum. Vagan's gonna have some work to do on my pixels.
"just for try, for see and for know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info