IncGamers and OnRPG reveal Vagan, Weaponmaster

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Thats 3200 chaos, and you might not get it, I dunno if some of you realise just how big a deal that would be to get it guaranteed f0r 30 chaos, never mind 3 chaos, holy cow.

Yea, I also afraid that another great idea will be scarified on economeh altar.

"
Tanakeah wrote:

(170% - 180% ) vs. (225% - 249%)

That's still a difference of 75% - 80% for the high and low ends...that's a big difference even with the guaranteed crafting of the first ones and an ideal Emperor's roll. Now, of course, this is all in my opinion, but the main thrust of my argument still remains that if the values are set too low due to economy factors or other things, then players will not find it worth their while,

See, I dont think this is about the economy at all, its about not making the game pathetically easy. Sure the difference quoted above is fairly massive, but how often are you finding weapons with 180% phys? Maybe once every 3 months? What is the actual potential of a 180% phys weapon? I feel like people dont really 'get' where items are at and at what point things become op. Im gnna link items again in an attempt to try and get people to see what the real state of play is regarding phs item rolls.

A binos is a serious dagger, Im getting like +26k dps doublestrike splash with a Binos, its pure facerolling everything in maps. Lets look at a Binos and a weapon with 69% phys side by side

Its not far off man, I dont lose a lot dps switching between these things, it still facerolls like crazy. Thats a 69% weapon side by side with an extremely powerful and expensive endgame unique. Is it miles away from this?

yes, but that doesnt matter, at all. That is an impossible weapon, its damage and the potential for 240%+ weapons is absolutely irrelevant when weapons can start obliterating the highest level of maps with 69% phys and a weapon like dragon hunger never, ever drops, ever, and never will.

Its not about hurting the economy, when you see me talking about the price of weapons and the price of crafting I do so as an example of their rarity and the amount of work a player has to put into the current game to acquire such an item. The question isnt what is this doing to the economy, its how much is this trivialising the gear progression in the game and the effort you need to put in to faceroll high maps. That 69% weapon absolutely trivialises the game, what would it do with 180%?

Do people really think that relatively commonly found daggers should be able to be upgraded beyond a binos for a few chaos? For anything less than double figure exalts? Come on guys, lets have some perspective here. With all respect I feel like if you think you need to be able to roll 119% phys on a weapon for a handful of chaos you dont fully understand items and their potential, no harm intended there and thats not a comment aimed at the 2 people I have quoted.

You would be right if you didn't miss one focal point: the mod "%phys dmg" is totally useless withouth a good flat phys dmg mod. And it's not so easy to drop a weapon with high phys roll AND ALSO crit chance/attack speed, withouth having other 2 shitty prefixes that makes you unable to craft the %phys dmg mod. It is very hard indeed to find something with the mods you want and the space to put the last one you need. That item would be from "good" to "great", depending on rolls of the single mods. That's what you are not considering: the chances to get so much important mod with a slot for craft to increase the total dps of the weapon are very low.

If I find a dagger with only flat dmg and a space to put %phys dmg, but no atk speed/crit chance, the item will be only decent. Nowhere near good. And that's the first reason why GGG introduced craft: allow players to create items to play low maps. And it's not bad the fact that you would be able to craft yourself even a good item once in a while if you're lucky to find a good craft base item.
"
obadonke wrote:
"
Srcmedic1978 wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:
Can't wait to add more physical damage to my main weapon for my molten strike build:

This is another one, I don't believe you are gonna be able to add more phy% or flat damage to it, due to already having the rolls.

QFT.

That mace could get the hybrid phys% roll, if not for one thing: it already has 6 mods on it and Chris already confirmed the 6 mod limit per item applies to crafted mods.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Hey Archwizard.

Could you please do me a favor and point out where should I look for Chris's citations about 6 mods limitation?

In particular, I am interested if it's supposed to allow replacement of a present mod with crafted one or not?

Also, you seem to aggregate a whole lot about the incoming masters update. Is there any chance you could make some FAQ to highlight the available info (or, for that matter, link me to one if it's already there and I missed it)?
I have no idea if this link will work or not (because I hate reddit and how it is set up), but Chris answered a bunch of questions about the workbenches.

[–]lunarlumberjackRandom RNG Generator 2 points 2 days ago
Can bench mods be crafted onto items with 6 mods or does it have to have an opening?

permalinkparent
[–]chris_wilsonLead Developer[S] 21 points 2 days ago
It has to have an opening.

permalinkparent
[–]Auron43Standard 1 point 2 days ago
does it have to be a prefix or suffix according to what kind of mod you're trying to add? or could i workbench an item with 4 prefixes and 2 suffixes?

permalinkparent
They have to still be valid items. You can't get 4 prefixes.

Asdayasman 2 points 2 days ago
With the "remove an affix" thing, is that removing a random one, or a benchcrafted one?

permalinkparent
[–]chris_wilsonLead Developer[S] 15 points 2 days ago
The benchcrafted one.

permalinkparent
[–]eMbbuZomgign:goldenhairnuker waiting for hc3m 2 points 2 days ago
Can you mirror item with benchrafted mod or does it work as ''corruption'? edit:or can you benchraft a mirrore item with 5 mods?

permalinkparent
[–]chris_wilsonLead Developer[S] 5 points 1 day ago
You can mirror benchcrafted items but can't benchcraft mirrored items

Not doing a FAQ cus, yeah, got enough to do. Glad anything I do post though helps anyone out.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I dont know what to say now. Im so disapointet from this new skill tree.
I only have 1 char i realy like and now you destroy him so hard. This expansion can bring so much bad stuff...first the new softcore league will be a mess, i predict it will not be possible to play in public groups or in bigger groups then 2-3player. People will go crazy to try to keep the buff up. Then its alot more dsync becuase of that, and you seem not to be willing to add some command buttons into the game so i dont have to tell anybody about macros they have to use otherwise this game is not playable!!!
Just wanted to tell how i upset i am, and after i noticed the best support in video games (ggg support).

EDIT: Now im stoned and more calm still think its not good what happends to poe. Guess i have to life with it but i cant understand these changes.
Ign: The_Horus

My profile & builds @: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/544588
Last edited by thehorus on Aug 14, 2014, 8:54:05 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:
I have no idea if this link will work or not (because I hate reddit and how it is set up), but Chris answered a bunch of questions about the workbenches.

[–]lunarlumberjackRandom RNG Generator 2 points 2 days ago
Can bench mods be crafted onto items with 6 mods or does it have to have an opening?

permalinkparent
It has to have an opening.

permalinkparent
[–]Auron43Standard 1 point 2 days ago
does it have to be a prefix or suffix according to what kind of mod you're trying to add? or could i workbench an item with 4 prefixes and 2 suffixes?

permalinkparent
They have to still be valid items. You can't get 4 prefixes.

Asdayasman 2 points 2 days ago
With the "remove an affix" thing, is that removing a random one, or a benchcrafted one?

permalinkparent
[–]chris_wilsonLead Developer[S] 15 points 2 days ago
The benchcrafted one.

permalinkparent
[–]eMbbuZomgign:goldenhairnuker waiting for hc3m 2 points 2 days ago
Can you mirror item with benchrafted mod or does it work as ''corruption'? edit:or can you benchraft a mirrore item with 5 mods?

permalinkparent
[–]chris_wilsonLead Developer[S] 5 points 1 day ago
You can mirror benchcrafted items but can't benchcraft mirrored items

Not doing a FAQ cus, yeah, got enough to do. Glad anything I do post though helps anyone out.

Thank you, my dear sir. You are a delight.

Does anyone know if the new tree is available anywhere in language other then taiwaneese (or whatever language the fellows speak)? I only found it in here: http://web.poe.garena.tw/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB and it's not of much use with all those signs I don't understand.
Am I the only one to wonder why there's a meat shop with dead bodies near Vagan in the hideout ?
It makes me very uncomfortable... is Vagan eating dead bodies (cannibalism) o_O ??
Last edited by cuss on Nov 30, 2014, 2:35:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info