IncGamers and OnRPG reveal Vagan, Weaponmaster

"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Okay, I've been riding the hype train and white knighting the past few weeks, but I'm reeeeeally bothered by this recent reveal.

I understand that all of the values are subject to change, but why would you highlight, in a teaser literally a WEEK before the expansion, a crafting mod that:

1.) You've already determined is likely to NOT make the cut. I'm talking about the magnitude of the value, I know the mod will be in.
2.) Is at a price that is likely a fourth of the real price, or worse.

Surely you could've shown something we may actually be able to do? I understand that you want to show great crafting options, but giving us a 75% IPD roll at the cost of 4-5 Chaos is going to be a LOT shittier than 100-119% at one Chaos. Again, I feel this bit was purposely left in the teaser to give us expectations that are false.

Mostly, I'm mad because I watched the teaser, got excited at the prospect of rolling 119% IPD on a few weapons I have laying around. Then I come to the announcement to see that we won't even be able to do the things shown in the teaser? Not a great way to meet expectations.

That said, I appreciate all of the work that goes into this game, please take my feedback with love!

BIG EDIT: With regards to "RUINING TRADE THE ECONOMY OH NO!!!!!!" I think you guys are actually wrong. This is going to improve trading. Now, when you find an item that is ALMOST useable, it's just missing that one necessary mod, you'll be able to trade it. A weapon with high %IPD and AS is going to be useable AND tradeable now! I think this is going to improve both mid game play from a solo perspective, and open doors for trading items that were previously missing Life, Flat Phys, and other necessary mods.

Worst part about saying 119 probably wont even make the cut is that 119 is less than half of what CAN spawn on a drop. Is GGG really not going to allow us to craft a number that is less that half of what is possible from a drop? End-game, any number less than 100 will be crap.
hypetrain is real
"
Galtrovan wrote:

Worst part about saying 119 probably wont even make the cut is that 119 is less than half of what CAN spawn on a drop. Is GGG really not going to allow us to craft a number that is less that half of what is possible from a drop? End-game, any number less than 100 will be crap.

169% is top from 1 single phys % mod.

did you miss this from the previous post?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

trust the devs man, they know what theyre doing.
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Okay, I've been riding the hype train and white knighting the past few weeks, but I'm reeeeeally bothered by this recent reveal.

I understand that all of the values are subject to change, but why would you highlight, in a teaser literally a WEEK before the expansion, a crafting mod that:

1.) You've already determined is likely to NOT make the cut. I'm talking about the magnitude of the value, I know the mod will be in.

Surely you could've shown something we may actually be able to do? I understand that you want to show great crafting options, but giving us a 75% IPD roll at the cost of 4-5 Chaos is going to be a LOT shittier than 100-119% at one Chaos. Again, I feel this bit was purposely left in the teaser to give us expectations that are false.

Mostly, I'm mad because I watched the teaser, got excited at the prospect of rolling 119% IPD on a few weapons I have laying around. Then I come to the announcement to see that we won't even be able to do the things shown in the teaser? Not a great way to meet expectations.

That said, I appreciate all of the work that goes into this game, please take my feedback with love!

BIG EDIT: With regards to "RUINING TRADE THE ECONOMY OH NO!!!!!!" I think you guys are actually wrong. This is going to improve trading. Now, when you find an item that is ALMOST useable, it's just missing that one necessary mod, you'll be able to trade it. A weapon with high %IPD and AS is going to be useable AND tradeable now! I think this is going to improve both mid game play from a solo perspective, and open doors for trading items that were previously missing Life, Flat Phys, and other necessary mods.

+1000

this teaser got me excited too but after reading chris reply, i feel like i will be disapointed by crafting possibilities...

i mean, the price is one thing and i understand that it could change but what's the point of showing us a %IPD roll that won't be there when FM will comes out?

IMOO, all rolls should be a crafting options. The tricky part is to fix an appropriate price for each of them.

▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊(◕‿◕)▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
"
1franck wrote:
"
ggnorekthx wrote:

+1000

this teaser got me excited too but after reading chris reply, i feel like i will be disapointed by crafting possibilities...

i mean, the price is one thing and i understand that it could change but what's the point of showing us a %IPD roll that won't be there when FM will comes out?

IMOO, all rolls should be a crafting options. The tricky part is to fix an appropriate price for each of them.

so if we say tyrannical is about 20,000 chaos? Sound about right?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
so if we say tyrannical is about 20,000 chaos? Sound about right?

or one chance orb, god damn fite.
Last edited by Schezza on Aug 12, 2014, 11:22:17 PM
Chris, what is up with false advertising? Me and many other people got excited about the values and the prices only to get let down. It's not like you are giving us a teaser trailer 3 months before the expansion, it's literally ONE WEEK. If you know that we won't be able to craft 119% phys for one chaos (which I understand and agree with) why do you post that kind of video? Why didn't you show us possibilities that are at least close to what will be true in actual game?

That being said, I'm still super HYPU for expansion and got my stash tabs ready.
"
Celerfot wrote:
Who's to say that an Exalted Orb can't reroll the same property that it's replacing? If you reroll a blue map with "of Temporal Chains" it still has a possibility of having the "of Temporal Chains" mod.

I don't have a source handy, but Chris or one of the other GGG devs have stated that you can use the bench crafting to "block" mods from being exalted... this was either on the Path of Exile subreddit, or in one of the threads here. I probably should have bookmarked that post, but didn't think to do it at the time.
ok so ive had amoment to think about it, and i was probably a bit off. Some very rough approx math incoming

20,000 chaos, at 40:1 exalt which is mid league prices, makes it about 500 exalts.

exalts end up about 4:1 against eternals, so 500ex = 100 eternal exalt attempts.

theres something like 88 prefix mods on a dagger? and it seems strongly weighted against tyran, so 20,000 is probably way too low even as an average for current gambling costs. If we go by the slightly more expensive than gambling rule from the fuse we should be talking more like 60,000 chaos perhaps? More?

thats only like 42 stash tabs full of chaos. Sound fair? Sounds absolutely ridiculous to me, whos going to afford that? The only thing that would sound more ridiculous is making it any cheaper than that.

trust me guys, somewhere around 70-90% phys is going to be so strong, you may think you want T1 mods, but it would completely fuck up the entire game and you would see that if they allowed it. Have some faith,cut the devs some slack, when its implimented in the game i assure you this crafting is going to be op as hell, even if thye limit us to t4 mods. If you want crazy op crafcting be happy, were getting it.
Guess I should just hold on to

until I get the weaponmaster unlocked!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info