IncGamers and OnRPG reveal Vagan, Weaponmaster

"
raics wrote:

In my eyes it would be fair if we got offered rolls at half the item level, which would be 'vicious' (90–109%) damage mod, 'rotund' (60-69) life mod for high level gear, you would also get +1 to minion gem level as soon a item level 50 but you would never see +2.

It's important to remember the point of all this, it's making up for temporary gear deficiencies, which means making 'not quite' item 'decent', not crafting uber stuff, so we probably shouldn't expect too much. However! If we get stuff like 40% damage rolls, now that would cut awfully close to insulting our intelligence.

a custom mod on half the item level is what i expected as well.

as this expansion is meant to sideways expand mid term gameplay it's crafting probably is also destined to help players to customize their gear to get to mid level maps until they can find and craft endgame gear using eternals and exalts.
I'm still kinda confused on what the point is really.

They don't want us to roll the highest stats, and they don't want it to be cheap. So we have to spend alot of currency on leveling items that you use for maybe 10 levels, and when you get to level 85 you still have to go on xyz to buy a weapon from someone who is rich enough to craft the old way.
So why would i spend 10c to get a mediocre stat on a level 60 weapon then?
"
cronus wrote:

it's crafting probably is also destined to help players to customize their gear to get to mid level maps until they can find and craft endgame gear using eternals and exalts

In 1,5 year of playing PoE I had 2 eternals. Yea, crafting endgame gear using eternals and exalts is soo easy for average player.

I'm looking on those announcements and, like in Coward's Trial, my anticipation slowly dissipates... it looks more and more that it's not what I was looking for and still the only niche for solo self found player will be leveling another alt to 80. And I'm well past this stage.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
i loled at the diablo 3 commercial before the poe video
I can't believe this crafting... almost too good to be true. Just have to play it and find out. Pretty excited.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
oh hype hype hype XD XD GGG LOVE YOU ALLLLLL FROM EGYPT XD
If 100%-119% is not possible crafting will suck, and shitstorm will come ;)
What were those swords being dual wielded around the 50 second mark?
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Thats 3200 chaos, and you might not get it, I dunno if some of you realise just how big a deal that would be to get it guaranteed f0r 30 chaos, never mind 3 chaos, holy cow.

Yea, I also afraid that another great idea will be scarified on economeh altar.

"
Tanakeah wrote:

(170% - 180% ) vs. (225% - 249%)

That's still a difference of 75% - 80% for the high and low ends...that's a big difference even with the guaranteed crafting of the first ones and an ideal Emperor's roll. Now, of course, this is all in my opinion, but the main thrust of my argument still remains that if the values are set too low due to economy factors or other things, then players will not find it worth their while,

See, I dont think this is about the economy at all, its about not making the game pathetically easy. Sure the difference quoted above is fairly massive, but how often are you finding weapons with 180% phys? Maybe once every 3 months? What is the actual potential of a 180% phys weapon? I feel like people dont really 'get' where items are at and at what point things become op. Im gnna link items again in an attempt to try and get people to see what the real state of play is regarding phs item rolls.

A binos is a serious dagger, Im getting like +26k dps doublestrike splash with a Binos, its pure facerolling everything in maps. Lets look at a Binos and a weapon with 69% phys side by side

Its not far off man, I dont lose a lot dps switching between these things, it still facerolls like crazy. Thats a 69% weapon side by side with an extremely powerful and expensive endgame unique. Is it miles away from this?

yes, but that doesnt matter, at all. That is an impossible weapon, its damage and the potential for 240%+ weapons is absolutely irrelevant when weapons can start obliterating the highest level of maps with 69% phys and a weapon like dragon hunger never, ever drops, ever, and never will.

Its not about hurting the economy, when you see me talking about the price of weapons and the price of crafting I do so as an example of their rarity and the amount of work a player has to put into the current game to acquire such an item. The question isnt what is this doing to the economy, its how much is this trivialising the gear progression in the game and the effort you need to put in to faceroll high maps. That 69% weapon absolutely trivialises the game, what would it do with 180%?

Do people really think that relatively commonly found daggers should be able to be upgraded beyond a binos for a few chaos? For anything less than double figure exalts? Come on guys, lets have some perspective here. With all respect I feel like if you think you need to be able to roll 119% phys on a weapon for a handful of chaos you dont fully understand items and their potential, no harm intended there and thats not a comment aimed at the 2 people I have quoted.

Would like to purchase the aesthetic encircling blades MTX. Please consider future implementation. Thank you. Ⴚტ◕‿◕ტჂ ℒℴѵℯ❤
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael