IncGamers and OnRPG reveal Vagan, Weaponmaster

There's a huge difference between being careless in letting that option appear in the trailer and bait and switch. The latter implies that GGG is purposefully attempting to spread misinformation about what is going to happen in order to get results.

If there's any company out there that I don't believe this about, it's GGG. They are fantastically open about their thoughts and process and all that, and it's one of the main reasons I have 4 tags.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
The Vegan has been revealed, the stars have alined, the prophecy is coming true, the return of lord Krip is nigh ))
"
kingofbongo wrote:
The Vegan has been revealed, the stars have alined, the prophecy is coming true, the return of lord Krip is nigh ))

Nah.

Even after this expansion, PoE still not casual enough!
everyone's talking about enchanting an item with a missing mod and no one's talking about further increasing an item!

or isnt that possible? havent read it anywhere.
can i enchant my weapon with "+phys. damage" if it already has "+phys. damage" mod, because that mod doesnt come from itemlevel nor item itself, but the master!
I invited Hulk to look at the computer screen when I saw this....

He couldn't quite understand why I had a smile on my face as his reading isn't the best.

I proceeded to explain that he can now make his weapons do even more damage.

His reply was as follows...

" HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA EH COMMEHTEH COMMEHTEH HAH! EH HAH!"

Never seen him this happy.

GG GGG!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
"
Archwizard wrote:
There's a huge difference between being careless in letting that option appear in the trailer and bait and switch. The latter implies that GGG is purposefully attempting to spread misinformation about what is going to happen in order to get results.

If there's any company out there that I don't believe this about, it's GGG. They are fantastically open about their thoughts and process and all that, and it's one of the main reasons I have 4 tags.

So you forgot when ggg used generated uber items as 'example gear at lvl 72' in their molten strike build of the week thread??

Sorry but after that debacle theyve lost most if not all credibility in my eyes..
After some sleeping and some time to think on this...while I totally understand that final numbers are still being worked on and that the crafting stuff will likely be worked on until the last minute, I have to agree with those voicing their disappointment concerning the Physical% Damage numbers and Chris's statement. I don't have problems with crafting prices being a bit higher than what might be considered 'average' (as much as I detest how much this game is based on an economy still) since you'd get guaranteed results this way and bypass most of the RNG involved in getting stats on items. This is also quite good for getting that one stat you might really want on a rare item to complete it, or change one really bad stat for something far better (relatively speaking), which would certainly show its worth compared to the potential asking price at the crafting bench.

However, where I am concerned is that GGG might let the economy values get in the way a little too much and ruin this good thing they're developing. In terms of the Physical% Damage roll shown in the teaser trailer, it may be a -little- high, but after the aforementioned time to think and digest Chris's statement...it could lead to a perception disaster. I'm not going to scream 'bait and switch', but let me present my view on it and the conclusion that I came to. Someone earlier in the thread was posting some crazy numbers concerning Tyrannical rolls being offered and shooting down the proposal, and I do agree that the highest tier rolls should never be offered on the crafting benches. That said, it got me thinking about the Tyrannical roll and Physical% Damage specifically. Tyrannical is the highest roll you can get and it along with the highest hybrid Physical% Damage rolls are:

1. Tyrannical - 150% - 169%
2. Emperor's - 75% - 80%

So just on these alone your Physical% Damage range can be anywhere from 225% to 249%. In the trailer we see the numbers for the Physical% Damage roll are approximately...100%-119%, I think? If you wanted to add that mod onto your weapon and you managed to already have an Emperor's roll on it that means your weapon would end up with values around: 175% - 199%, which seems pretty nice, but let's remember one thing about this. This is assuming you managed to hit the Emperor's mod prior to this, and odds are in most cases that won't be what you see, but probably a lesser value, so the 175% - 199% damage range will likely be lower. Now, with that established, let me go into this further while keeping the Tyrannical values in mind, which is what I am basing this off of.

The Forsaken Masters will likely take some time to level up and get the highest crafting values to be made available, and odds are highly likely you're going to need level 7 or level 8 to hit them. This is where my concern lies...while the Masters will offer guaranteed results with just a bit of RNG in terms of the range on some stats, and those results may cost a bit more, they should be offering above average gains, especially considering the time it will likely take to reach the highest levels. This is where I am worried that GGG is going to do the proverbial 'trip and fall at the finish line' sort of thing and let the economy and other things get in their way. If we look at the previous stats on the Tyrannical roll being the highest damage values you can get, then the average value across the spectrum (starting from 1) would be:

75% - 85%

When you look at that, that's really not that high. With the Emperor's roll you'd have Physical% Damage values on a weapon ranging like this: 150% - 165%...that's almost exactly what a Tyrannical roll by itself is. IMHO, for the Masters to offer something above the average rolls the values here need to be higher to be seen as a worthwhile craft. The previous numbers in the video (100% - 119%) might be a bit much, but simply adding around 20% to the above numbers would be fairly decent. Then, you end up with a stat range of about 95% - 105%, and add in the Emperor's roll and you'll get: 170% - 180%. Now, compare that to the highest max rolls you can get:

(170% - 180% ) vs. (225% - 249%)

That's still a difference of 75% - 80% for the high and low ends...that's a big difference even with the guaranteed crafting of the first ones and an ideal Emperor's roll. Now, of course, this is all in my opinion, but the main thrust of my argument still remains that if the values are set too low due to economy factors or other things, then players will not find it worth their while, and GGG will be getting more 'bait and switch' and other accusations thrown at them. That's not to say all crafting will suck, but this is a very fine line that GGG is going to have to walk, and if they change the values too much...yeah...the hype they have going could very well crash hard and they will get a lot of criticism thrown at them and damage their reputation and the game. I'm hoping that they do not.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Aug 13, 2014, 8:15:08 AM
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Hoarding all those "nearly good" items is finally worth it :)

WTB AS

WTB Flat Phys

So excited!

Ahem...

Sorry to dissapoint you but both of these items will not be able have flat phys or attack speed aplied to them. The first item has already got 6 rolls on it, so you can't fit another on there (the item isn't "nearly good", it is actually kinda great with roughly 300dps).

The second weapon cannot have flat phys rolled onto it, because it already has 3 prefixes. Only thing you could add there would be crit chance or something.

As I understand it with the crafting, the "3 pre- and 3 suffix" rule still aplies, as well as the "only one tier of any kind" rule. So you still have to find a lucky item with all the others mods and an opening for the missing link. But you don't have to vendor it now, and you don't have to buy one, you can save the exalts and craft instead of yolo-exalting.

Oops... You're correct about the mace. Didn't realise it had both the %phys and the hybrid one :D

However, the axe has only 2 prefixes
- % phys
- cold damage

and 3 suffixes:
- str
- dex
- AS

So it can still roll flat phys :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
sidtherat wrote:

the flasks had been changed from 'items' to 'plastic gold show off' - the 'decoration' is so chaotic that it is difficult to even see the status of flask.. who let that happen - i do not know but it is TERRIBLE

I have said it before, and I'm glad someone else notices this. I want to see on a glimpse if my flask still has charges left or not, or is full, but with those hipster looking flasks you have to stare at it to see the charges, that's not improvement but degression...
Last edited by leto2626 on Aug 13, 2014, 8:46:31 AM
"
Tanakeah wrote:
That's not to say all crafting will suck, but this is a very fine line that GGG is going to have to walk, and if they change the values too much...yeah...the hype they have going could very well crash hard and they will get a lot of criticism thrown at them and damage their reputation and the game. I'm hoping that they do not.

True, overhyping is a double-edged and double-bladed... you know, those sword staves from neverwinter nights, anyway, there's more than one way to skewer yourself.

In my eyes it would be fair if we got offered rolls at half the item level, which would be 'vicious' (90–109%) damage mod, 'rotund' (60-69) life mod for high level gear, you would also get +1 to minion gem level as soon a item level 50 but you would never see +2.

It's important to remember the point of all this, it's making up for temporary gear deficiencies, which means making 'not quite' item 'decent', not crafting uber stuff, so we probably shouldn't expect too much. However! If we get stuff like 40% damage rolls, now that would cut awfully close to insulting our intelligence.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 13, 2014, 8:53:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info