Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK_aoCvqm18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRevmL3aLto

I kept a FP in a seperate slot so I might try that later. Right now I pretty much have 14q+ on all my CoC link. Moving stuff down with realitive ease. However some bosses remain a problem. Alot of moving around mostly helps but Orchard Map boss almost always kills me :s

Current gear:
Spoiler

Any suggestions on what to improve next?
Last edited by sklipnoty on Sep 11, 2014, 5:37:18 AM
"
sklipnoty wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK_aoCvqm18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRevmL3aLto

I kept a FP in a seperate slot so I might try that later. Right now I pretty much have 14q+ on all my CoC link. Moving stuff down with realitive ease. However some bosses remain a problem. Alot of moving around mostly helps but Orchard Map boss almost always kills me :s

Current gear:
Spoiler

Any suggestions on what to improve next?

Um, get a faster attacks linked to your whirling blades. Try to get attack speed on gloves. Your dagger needs more attack speed. Not sure what the deal with your helm gems is? If that's just a GMP ST to get curse up, remove cast on crit and put in curse on hit.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
eugenez wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Schizo87 wrote:
Fixed a bug where Arc did not chain off targets that did not leave corpses.

Amazing news. That should make the FP + Arc combo the best available and take the spec to the next level.

:D

Would it now make sense again to run Herald of Ice as well?

Great build btw!! Really having a lot of fun with it. I used to run an Ele Buzzsaw and respeced my Scion for this build.

Yea for sure, if you're happy to sacrifice purity of lighting or something, then yea herald of ice would be a nice little buff.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Schizo87 wrote:
Fixed a bug where Arc did not chain off targets that did not leave corpses.

Yep, I was about to bring up exactly this. Looks like I can finally drop Ball Lightning, and give Arc + Ice Spear a fair go, still not sold on Freeze Pulse for whatever reason, maybe it's just a gem level thing, seeing as Ice Spear is 19, and my Freeze Pulse is 18.
I got a new dagger:

Anyway should I drop BL and switch to Ice Spear or FP?

What impact would that have on the passive tree (with the lightning dmg nodes?) and lightning pen?

I'll make a small video with FP and see how it does :)
Last edited by sklipnoty on Sep 12, 2014, 5:33:06 AM
heyo :) I enjoy your build so much
fast kill speed , real nice movement over maps and much fun what do i need more ;) thanks to Math and all others ;).

i just found this one it gave me a nice boost
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Zelos666 wrote:
Hi, I need some help with the spec on low level.
I don't really know how to kill anything efficiently before being able to use Arctic Armour or the Cloak of Defiance. I'm level 45 now because I used a different spec involving Flameblast since this one didn't work at all at the lower levels, but still - it's a pain to kill anything at the moment.

I only have 32% crit chance and when Spectral Throw crits it's doing very high damage, but as I said - IF it crits. How did you level until you had enough crit chance and mana regeneration for everything? I just die really quickly and I can't kill anything quickly. With Elemental Buzzsaw on my Scion I could just plow through enemies at this stage. Here I still feel very, very weak.
Is there something I'm completely missing? Am I not supposed to use this spec until I can fully utilize the CoC mechanic? So - what am I supposed to do until then?
Help please? I really like the idea of the spec but I'm kind of "stuck" on level 45 now.

Click on videos, click on the freezing pulse build used to level to 70. That's what most of us would have done. I leveled with freeze pulse and it was really easy/fast. Don't swap to CoC too early, you need good crit, accuracy and attack speed for it to work well.

I don't know, I tried Freezing Pulse on Merciless Act 1 (every related gem maxed out for my level) with a Weapon that gave about 60% more spell damage and I feel like I'm not doing any damage. I need like 20 casts or more for a group of monsters.
"
Zelos666 wrote:

I don't know, I tried Freezing Pulse on Merciless Act 1 (every related gem maxed out for my level) with a Weapon that gave about 60% more spell damage and I feel like I'm not doing any damage. I need like 20 casts or more for a group of monsters.

I used Freeze Pulse for a lot of the levelling process, but yeah, at about Merciless it really wasn't doing it for me, then I had a 200 pDPS dagger drop, and I just used Molten Strike to level until I could effectively use CoC, which was about level 65 for me. If you already have a bit of currency, then I'd take that as a lesson and just level as Facebreakers/Pillar, it requires gear like a Meginord's Girdle to clear Merciless content easily, but it should feel a little better I think, and does just require gear, as opposed to a particular set of passives to support the build like Freeze Pulse kind of does.

You can also give EK a try, I found levelling with that to be very easy as well, but if you haven't been levelling one of those already, then switching to a new spell isn't really viable part-way through levelling.
"
sklipnoty wrote:
I got a new dagger:
What impact would that have on the passive tree (with the lightning dmg nodes?) and lightning pen?
Im curious too ...
Especially the tree up to "heart of thunder": still worth it, or is there more dmg in crit nodes (or sth else)?
"
Poerger wrote:
"
sklipnoty wrote:
I got a new dagger:
Im curious too ...
Especially the tree up to "heart of thunder": still worth it, or is there more dmg in crit nodes (or sth else)?

I'm pretty sure Mathil's planned tree did take Heart of Thunder, of course if the new Arc + Freeze Pulse ends up being as good as it sounds, then Spell Damage and Elemental Damage Nodes are really going to be the only good option for scaling your spells. Which might actually make this build work best as a Witch, due to her easy access to Spell Damage. Whereas Ranger was arguably a top choice before. Of course Ranger, Shadow and Witch are still all going to be good options, but I might lean more heavily on the Witch side of things now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info