Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
Mathil wrote:

I think it'll work out either starting point as long as you're getting mana regen % on rings, amulet, shield.

I just tried it (sort of):
I got a new amulet with more regen and specced out of the mana/regen nodes. As smart as I am I forgot about the regen your mana pool gives you - meaning: Im down to ~200 regen and not 230 as I reckoned.
Even if I go the lenght to get even more regen from a dagger or shield, my mana is down to 320 from ~600.
I will run it as it is for a few maps, but I feel like this mana pool and my poor regen is not enough to sustain AA and MoM from the cloak.

If anyone has another Idea to make it work, go ahead :D Those dmg nodes look very nice :o

/ah, when Im posting here anyways, maybe someone might answer me this:
Im looking for a new dagger (atm 9crit / 1.8 aps). Is crit or aps more important? Dont find an upgrade with 9/1.8+, but plenty with 8.5+/1.9.
I guess thats not that important, but since daggers seems to be expensive as hell I just want to make sure I searach the right one without going broke :D
Last edited by Poerger on Sep 10, 2014, 3:43:23 AM
"
Poerger wrote:
Im looking for a new dagger (atm 9crit / 1.8 aps). Is crit or aps more important? Dont find an upgrade with 9/1.8+, but plenty with 8.5+/1.9.
I guess thats not that important, but since daggers seems to be expensive as hell I just want to make sure I searach the right one without going broke :D

I think the math there really comes down to what gives you the most crits per second, more crit is more consistent, and more attack speed is more burst potential, but when it comes down to 9/1.8, and 8.5/1.9, those two numbers are virtually identical in terms of crits per second, and a lot of what you find for sale will perform pretty similarly with the sort of numbers you're looking for.

I guess from a practical standpoint, attack speed and the burst it can bring is good for single target, and crit is good for consistently mowing down entire packs.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Sep 10, 2014, 7:43:56 AM
"
"
Poerger wrote:

I think the math there really comes down to what gives you the most crits per second, more crit is more consistent, and more attack speed is more burst potential, but when it comes down to 9/1.8, and 8.5/1.9, those two numbers are virtually identical in terms of crits per second, and a lot of what you find for sale will perform pretty similarly with the sort of numbers you're looking for.

I guess from a practical standpoint, attack speed and the burst it can bring is good for single target, and crit is good for consistently mowing down entire packs.

I'm finding that attack speed significantly helps with single target for bosses.

I need to get a few more pieces of gear set up later tonight because last night I got jackpot lucky and linked up this bad boy:

so now I have some currency to spend on... well, everything else.

I've been experimenting with... basically every combo of spells I can possibly think of and come to a lot of various conclusions becuase of it. When I have some more time I'll make a detailed post about my findings.
"
Morael wrote:
"

I'm finding that attack speed significantly helps with single target for bosses.
Thanks for your help guys.
I went for a faster one and the attack speed with ST is noticeable better - let alone whirling blades. I love this :D

That said, I had 1 free suffix. I went for "spell crit chance" and now Im thinking if that was the wrong call. So whats better for this build "60% spell crit chance" or 22-27% global crit multiplier"?

@Morael
gz on your 6l ;)
Fixed a bug where Arc did not chain off targets that did not leave corpses.

"
Schizo87 wrote:

Amazing news. That should make the FP + Arc combo the best available and take the spec to the next level.

:D
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Sep 11, 2014, 2:20:06 AM
Hi, I need some help with the spec on low level.
I don't really know how to kill anything efficiently before being able to use Arctic Armour or the Cloak of Defiance. I'm level 45 now because I used a different spec involving Flameblast since this one didn't work at all at the lower levels, but still - it's a pain to kill anything at the moment.

I only have 32% crit chance and when Spectral Throw crits it's doing very high damage, but as I said - IF it crits. How did you level until you had enough crit chance and mana regeneration for everything? I just die really quickly and I can't kill anything quickly. With Elemental Buzzsaw on my Scion I could just plow through enemies at this stage. Here I still feel very, very weak.
Is there something I'm completely missing? Am I not supposed to use this spec until I can fully utilize the CoC mechanic? So - what am I supposed to do until then?
Help please? I really like the idea of the spec but I'm kind of "stuck" on level 45 now.
Last edited by Zelos666 on Sep 11, 2014, 4:32:02 AM
My guess would be, that youre just too low level for the build.
I leveled as an EK shadow, but I had to sink a few regrets into it to respec into CoC. EK was a blast to level (especially if you get a leveled gem - which are quite cheap).
I dont know which is the best way to level this build, but it should be somewhere in this thread. I think I read about this before :o
"
Zelos666 wrote:
Hi, I need some help with the spec on low level.
I don't really know how to kill anything efficiently before being able to use Arctic Armour or the Cloak of Defiance. I'm level 45 now because I used a different spec involving Flameblast since this one didn't work at all at the lower levels, but still - it's a pain to kill anything at the moment.

I only have 32% crit chance and when Spectral Throw crits it's doing very high damage, but as I said - IF it crits. How did you level until you had enough crit chance and mana regeneration for everything? I just die really quickly and I can't kill anything quickly. With Elemental Buzzsaw on my Scion I could just plow through enemies at this stage. Here I still feel very, very weak.
Is there something I'm completely missing? Am I not supposed to use this spec until I can fully utilize the CoC mechanic? So - what am I supposed to do until then?
Help please? I really like the idea of the spec but I'm kind of "stuck" on level 45 now.

Click on videos, click on the freezing pulse build used to level to 70. That's what most of us would have done. I leveled with freeze pulse and it was really easy/fast. Don't swap to CoC too early, you need good crit, accuracy and attack speed for it to work well.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Schizo87 wrote:

Amazing news. That should make the FP + Arc combo the best available and take the spec to the next level.

:D

Would it now make sense again to run Herald of Ice as well?

Great build btw!! Really having a lot of fun with it. I used to run an Ele Buzzsaw and respeced my Scion for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info