Why don't bows require strength?

i agree it just doesnt feel like a proper simulator or real life when i fire 10 magical arrows at once if the bow doesnt require str
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Aug 12, 2014, 12:07:31 PM
"
Charan wrote:
There's actually a fairly easy solution to this, but I'd say we're too deep into the game's development for it to be feasible.

Simply have the bows that would require strength (war bows, as the example goes), do so, but in return, slow them down (most are already slowish) and (here's the important change) have Strength as an attribute increase physical attack damage rather than melee physical damage.

unfortunately that would be a net nerf, in the current meta , attack speed is way to important a factor in damage scaling ( due to the damage roles one gets on rings ,ammys helms and auras).

this is why the best weapons in the game are universally the fastest ones.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
There's actually a fairly easy solution to this, but I'd say we're too deep into the game's development for it to be feasible.

Simply have the bows that would require strength (war bows, as the example goes), do so, but in return, slow them down (most are already slowish) and (here's the important change) have Strength as an attribute increase physical attack damage rather than melee physical damage.

unfortunately that would be a net nerf, in the current meta , attack speed is way to important a factor in damage scaling ( due to the damage roles one gets on rings ,ammys helms and auras).

this is why the best weapons in the game are universally the fastest ones.
Mostly auras.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Bows used to have strength requirements. It didn't work out for itemisation.
PoE is a game, and as such gameplay takes priority over a realistic simulation of the world in this case, because that lets it be a better game.
I was sad to see them go, but strength requirements on bows were removed to improve itemisation, which makes the game better, despite making it less like a realistic simulation.

If this is true then why is desync and rubberbanding such a huge problem in newer zones such as Sceptre of God? Hardcore gameplay is completely ruined when the next mob always has the potential to cause desync and kill you. While it is true that Internet traffic can cause lags at any time, with my link from southwest Florida to Dallas Texas is always pinging under 60ms and usually under 50ms so I shouldn't need to worry about my Internet connection (9.5 Mb down, 8.5 Mb up). Yet PoE has many desync times in heavy mob areas such as around shrines such that it makes it impossible to want to play a hardcore league and enjoy the heightened danger when I can be blindsided killed by desync at any time (and then privately swear at GGG and rage quit for awhile). So if gameplay is first and foremost as you say, then great gameplay in PoE demands low desync.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Could someone elaborate what "itemization" means in this case? I´m dense when it comes down to whishy-washy statements.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
Could someone elaborate what "itemization" means in this case? I´m dense when it comes down to whishy-washy statements.
The prevalence of equipment suitable for a given build. Str requirements on bows would prevent Ranger from equipping the gear its intended to equip unless they jump through hoops.

It's not wishy-washy. Wishy-washy implies indecisiveness. What you mean is nebulousness or ambiguity (though it's not that ambiguous).
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Pages upon pages were read without someone mentioning CROSSBOWS... I am surprised.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info