[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

Yes, maybe he means 80. But I guess the more or less agreed level on where it gets interesting is 65+ ... You're right, that most things die fairly fast at that level with 1800 DPS. My problems are maps with jumpers and especially chargers. Bone rhoas etc one hit the totems nearly and you're basically recasting so much, that you're just fleeing and hoping the flames to some damage for a second before the totem is dead again. They really crumble extremely fast against higher level rhoa etc. Other beasts die acceptably fast. That's of course due to the shocking :) Not saying this is a bad build, I'm just not seeing what he is seeing ... but I'm getting used to "cheap" builds costing several exes or builds only getting real good at 80+ :P
"
voonvoon wrote:
Yes, maybe he means 80. But I guess the more or less agreed level on where it gets interesting is 65+ ... You're right, that most things die fairly fast at that level with 1800 DPS. My problems are maps with jumpers and especially chargers. Bone rhoas etc one hit the totems nearly and you're basically recasting so much, that you're just fleeing and hoping the flames to some damage for a second before the totem is dead again. They really crumble extremely fast against higher level rhoa etc. Other beasts die acceptably fast. That's of course due to the shocking :) Not saying this is a bad build, I'm just not seeing what he is seeing ... but I'm getting used to "cheap" builds costing several exes or builds only getting real good at 80+ :P

Do you have some quality on flame totem? This seems to help quite a bit. I regret getting only an 8% one initially because I thought I'd RIP soon anyway. Ripped a lvl72 char quite soon after start of beyond so only got some cheap and low quality gems for the second char... which is now still alive.

I hear what you are saying.. many build here on the forum where people claim they are cheap and easy to get are often using some rare uniques and 20/20 gems. This is something most temp league players won't acquire.

Still, in my experience (2 FT chars this league and 1 last league) totems are not as squishy as you say. Yes, they do die quickly on charging rhoa packs or beyond spawn attacks but yeah rhoas are just OP!! On of my guildies died a few days ago on lvl86 to a couple of rhoa's with damage mods in a lvl75 vorici mission. He had pretty good gear (6L +2 fire staff with SRS) but 3 rhoas hitting you and its game over. Totems die fast on such mobs but who cares... you just re-cast instantly. I often even block rhoas by planting down a totem quickly. When you put a totem behind a rhoa that has charged its dead soon.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Is there a skill tree for marauder? I only see the one for witch.
"
nmostad23 wrote:
Is there a skill tree for marauder? I only see the one for witch.

It's not that hard is it?
When starting in the witch area you also go to the marauder area except for the few starting nodes at marauder start. Switch the first 5 witch nodes out and take the first 5 marauder nodes and it's done.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Is there a reason why you level up your ice spear? Isnt it better to just leave it at lvl 1 so you dont use so much mana per cast?
Mana isn't an issue when using BM and having a decent amount of life regen. You can spam ice spear all day long if you want to.

So, there is no reason NOT to level it and there is always a benefit later. Either you use it with the GCP recipe to get a 20% ice spear and get a bunch of projectile speed or you can sell it to get some extra currency. I also levelled it to have the opportunity to switch to ice spear build if I wanted to.
I recently attempted Uber Atziri on standard and noticed the following things:

- Trash
takes some time but is absolutely doable. Totems get stunned and frozen fast which why recasting them often and fast is neccesary. Nontheless no deaths happened here.
Bottom line - no big issues
- Double vaal boss
cost me 3 lives. Due to basically not beeing able to kill them in one spawn phase you are forced to learn this fight in terms of "dancing" . The spawned adds are high hp and again kill the totems fast and stun/freeze them. More practice will help managing this fight properly.
Bottom line : Doable

- Trio
Lost my 6th attempt when the last boss was at 10% life
Due to high health of the bosses you cant just mow down the titty bitch with a diamond flask, atleast with this settup. You are forced to dance properly and recast your totems tactically.
Placemnt of the kills is paramount as ultimativly having boss 1 and 2 killed at the border of the room caused me to lose my last attempts while dealing with the 3rd boss.

- Atziri
No Attempts yet.
Points of concern :
- Dps for add phase
If not enough damage can be applied the normal phase has to be safely doable to counterbalance that and safely reach the 25% benchmarks

- Split Phase Dodging of the spells is easy when you have the rythm down, biggest concern are the spear shots from split and normal phase.
They are supposed to hit hard and give strong bleeds. The question is, is a spear surviveable and is it possible to play totems to such a degree to block the spears with them consistently.

I theorycrafted a modified different build for uber and have started preparations but i wont be able to finish it properly until the next temp league finished.

I have the impression uber is possible with what i have in mind.
Once i succeed i will post what my idea was. Of once i fail and see that it doesnt work, whatever the result will be. :P
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Oct 18, 2014, 4:01:42 AM
Recorded an Atziri Run for those who are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlSPFYizX6E&list=UUyg_wDcy8nddP8loPlaVUKw&index=1

Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Oct 18, 2014, 10:58:21 PM
holee phuk. that is some CRAZY DPS right there.
Edit: Added the above Atziri kill video to the main page.
IGN: @GreggZaun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info