[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

"
Queost wrote:
How would you level this build? What spells etc?

Not sure exactly what you mean by leveling, as you use flame totems as soon as you can equip the gem and hopefully have ancestral bond, so level 31.

Before that you can do whatever honestly, glacial cascade, traps .. shouldnt be much of a big deal.

After you get the flame totem your linking priorities should be:

Flame totem - Gmp(Lmp if you are in a fresh league) - Faster casting - Added Chaos - Criticial dmg - Faster Projectiles.

You rush ancestral bond and blood magic so you can switch to full life and utility potions.

When you Level in a fresh league, a proj speed wand is your top priority gear wise, because you wont be able to link it with faster proj early. I personally enjoy dual weilding wands with proj speed for starters and once you have the 6l Mantle you start looking for crit focuses wands.
Hi! Build looks great! Could you post step-by-step how to spend passives? like 10 or 20 passives at a time, for us noobies =)

kind regards

Edit: If you dont have time to do it, maybe someone has? :D
Last edited by Rogstah on Nov 1, 2014, 1:42:08 PM
"
Rogstah wrote:
Hi! Build looks great! Could you post step-by-step how to spend passives? like 10 or 20 passives at a time, for us noobies =)

kind regards

Edit: If you dont have time to do it, maybe someone has? :D

I give you the version how i leveled with from witch.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCB6UWbxo4GmwfAiSqKU8qEyycLKc2xTbpQZZJskyzVcZZ81orghCD25BVna6j8qcIp4Sus8Aa0PXYJNrd37DjauQi7Dg=

First you rush the Ancestral Bond node to be able to use double flame totems as soon as possible.
With 37 (36 without dex node) you should land there with your quests at lvl 31/32.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCB6UUcRZvGjgabB8CJKonLylPKhMsnCynNsU26UGWSbJKxEyzVElVtVXGWfNaK18_cql4aYIQg9uQVZ2uns2j8qSspwinMKeErKqus7yfwBrBBND12CTa3d-w37_jauOf5CLqGOw47w7yL_au9zL46w==

Next Step is getting blood magic and Ironwood afterwards.

After that you go to the marauder area and go through the left way if you want to grab the extra fire res if you need it for leveling/gear issues. Id recommend that early if you arent fully twinked.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMDHgQHBUIGIwelDkgRlhQgFHEWbxa_GJEaOBpsHwIfQSSqJpUnLyftKU8qCyoTLJwspy0fNsU26UGWSbJKxEyzUEdUSVVLVbVVxlnzWitd8l8_YeJsFnBScNVyqXhpf8aCEIPbhxmJ04w2kFWVIJ2uns2io6PypKynCKcwp4Ssqq6ztUi8n8AawQTB89D12CTa3d-w37_jauOf5CLqGOw47w7yL_Pq9q73Mvjr_Es=

Next comes getting athletism and bloodless lifewheels and move on from the whitch start to the shadow area and take the shadow "U".

Next you grab the Life wheel at the shadow top area and start to grab the critchance/crit multi nodes. Doomcast, arcane potency.After that Throat seeker and Cruelty for more crit multi.
And from this point on you go into the life wheel from templar

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wMeBAcEswVCBiMHHgelDkgPxBGWFCAUTRRxFm8WvxiRGjgabB8CH0EkqiThJpUnLyftKU8qCyoTLJwspy0fMok2xTbpOlg7fEGWSVFJskrETLNQR1RJVUtVtVXGV-JZ81orXfJfP2HiZJ1sFnBScNVyqXhpf8aCEIPbhxmJ04w2jmSP-pBVlSCVLp2uns2iAKKjo_KkrKcIpzCnhKyqrrO1SLb6uMq8n8AawQTB89D12CTfsN-_42rjn-Qi6hjr9ew47w7wH_DV8h3yL_Pq9q73Mvem-Ov7RfxL

And from here you have life from marauder , spelldamage from witch start and crit multi nodes left to take per preference.
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Nov 2, 2014, 5:12:39 AM
OP, thoughts on me using a rare projectile speed wand like

And instead of Faster proj in my 6L, I use fire penetration?

Ultimately would that not allow for much higher damage? I lose some local spell damage but gain fire penetration which is huge for doing penetrative damage regardless of enemy fire resistance, and also of course trigger more consistent shock debuffs even on fire resistant mobs or tanky mobs.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
Last edited by jerg on Nov 2, 2014, 1:46:55 PM
"
jerg wrote:
OP, thoughts on me using a rare projectile speed wand like

And instead of Faster proj in my 6L, I use fire penetration?

Ultimately would that not allow for much higher damage? I lose some local spell damage but gain fire penetration which is huge for doing penetrative damage regardless of enemy fire resistance, and also of course trigger more consistent shock debuffs even on fire resistant mobs or tanky mobs.

Not OP here but hope i can help you out aswell. That wand is pretty decent, wanting to switch away from faster proj is a viable option i think but Firepen is not the right choice i feel. Also I personally like to have at least 60% proj speed from gear/gems so one wand wouldn cut it for me personally.

With Infernal mantle and added chaos, 50% of your dmg will be chaos, having firepen at 50% effectiveness seems rather inefficient

Alternatively id suggest an empower which gives you totems in addition to more damage also more health, or Added Lighting in conjunction with herald of Thunder and Mortal Conviction for more consistent freeze.
Thoughts on an EB version of this build? I get that using BM negates Infernal Mantle drawback, but let's say you only run Herald of Ice and Thunder, Clarity, and Arctic Armor, wouldn't that still give you enough of a buffer not to get the drawback either? Or would it not be worth it?
Just as mentioned in Person,
while a EB mana version could work, the only real gain out of it would be arctic armor, which in itself is not that good without any other layer of defense.

Plus defense wise you dont need much apart from beeing one shot safe. Totems are pretty good at taking aggro and scouting.
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
while a EB mana version could work, the only real gain out of it would be arctic armor, which in itself is not that good without any other layer of defense.

Plus defense wise you dont need much apart from beeing one shot safe. Totems are pretty good at taking aggro and scouting.

Well, going EB usually means more than AA, maybe Cloak of Defiance MOM instead of Inferno Mantle, heck maybe even stack up block and use rathpith+rainbowstride for 60/60 block/spblock.

That's a very different build from the one in this thread though. Heck of a lot more defensive.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
"
jerg wrote:
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:

Well, going EB usually means more than AA, maybe Cloak of Defiance MOM instead of Inferno Mantle, heck maybe even stack up block and use rathpith+rainbowstride for 60/60 block/spblock.

That's a very different build from the one in this thread though. Heck of a lot more defensive.

From what i understood the idea was to still use the infernal mantle, and be able to stay above low mana.

Ofcourse going the defensive EB, Cloak block route is possible but you sacrifice a lot of damage for that for defenses you dont really need when you can effectively let your totems draw all the attention.

But thats personal preference in the end.
since the skill tree doesn't give much dex, i assume you have that on all your gear right ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info