Screenshot of Forsaken Masters Socket Crafting

To the people complaining about the cost of getting off colours... the best time to use this crafting method is when you have items that have the highest stat requirements as it gets harder with rng.

For example getting 3r on my Alpha's Howl took about 750 Chroms and my 5L 6s Shavs about 600. But getting 3g on my 5L Voll's took just over 20 chroms.

Pretty cheap if you ask me... provided you use this crafting method on the right items.

EDIT:good work GGG, never really played this game for the expansions so I feel like I'm getting all this extra cool stuff free!
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Aug 4, 2014, 2:54:48 AM
Can someone give me assured information regarding this three points, especially the third one?

1) You can't really see it but there are options to make an item 3 or 4 linked as well?

2) When modifying sokets is it an "add one additional soket" option or "make this item have 5 sokets"?

3) When there is the option to make an item "at least 2 red sokets" is it somehow possible to make an item "at least 2 red and 1 green sokets"?
IGN: Akimiya
"
rishmc wrote:
EDIT PAGE 16 HYPE!!!!!!
The only thing I don't love about the game is the CRAP community it has brought along. Either people are whining its too hard to get the best of the best, or they don't like the color of the damn shop button WTF? The other half has their heads so far up their ass to even respond to you,

I say wipe the server close it up and revert back to when it was harder to 5 or 6 link anything. When a 4 link was worth chaos orbs....

Stop complaining... ;)
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is it possible to condense the space all this takes up?

I suggest putting the prices next to the services, and not an entirely new line beneath it.

This would make for a lot less scrolling to find the service you want (fit 10 in the same space instead of 5 as shown in the picture).

This would make it easier and faster to find the service we want, and I feel would feel better to be looking at and not have to scroll so much.
Will somebody please tell me the rational behind having 6 socket items drop so early, yet the cost of 6 linking them basically relegates that concept to a late endgame item?

30 exalts is fine for the real high tier items. 6 linking a shavs or windripper for 30 exalts is no problem. But what about the stepping stone items? Like an ilvl 70 1.2k armor, 80 health, 28 single res chest? Whatever the cost of 6 linking is, it shouldn't cost the same to 6 link a shavs as a mediocre 6 socket item.

What there needs to be is a gradient cost to give incentive to people to consider 6 linking items that aren't already seen as luxury items or late end game items. Because contrary to what some believe, there are builds that are reliant on having 6 links even if the item itself isn't worth spending 25 exalts on. This keeps the 6 link dream items maintaining their holy grail stature, while also opening the door to builds that rely more heavily on links to get a good foothold into maps.

Otherwise, for these builds people won't bother with mid endgame 6 links, and go straight for the gg items. Well the cost of that will have them creating farming characters that can get by on 4 links in order to build wealth for the real character they want to play.
"
Chris wrote:
"
klintz wrote:
Am I just being silly???? - how do you put 1500 fusing in your inventory???

Like the current vendors, it can take it out of your stash.

As a side note, in the past this has lead to players thinking that they're buying the stuff for free.

nice gesture you're apologizing for that bug.

Spoiler
it's a huge bug cause if the vendors automatically take stuff from your chest only if you have your currency somehow in the first 6 tabs or at any tab position but you visited it lately, it's unpredictable behaviour from a player's position. for them it just sometimes magically works.

from a developers perspective i can understand some malicious joy (sorry but i'm just interpreting your neutral statement in that way) when players are getting punished when they fail trying to exploit an alleged bug.

but from the game's perspective it's bad when players are rage quitting after losing a majority of their currency.

edit: how i think it should be done is: there must be a vocal warning if the trader can't get the currency for a trade out of the player's inventory and needs to get it out of the player's stash.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 4, 2014, 4:22:59 AM
"
treffnix wrote:
"
Saltygames wrote:
I dont usually say this but this is awesomesauce. 5-linking and chromes was just about the only thing this game needed (almost), and at decent enough prices.

Funny thing, i pretty much knew it would be 150. I 5-link at around 100 fuses or less. Have linked around 10 items in my days.

11/10 Good job!

+1
To anybody complaing that 6L prices or price for off-colours is too high, please consider this question:
Let's say you have that perfect Shavronne with 6L and all the right colours. What do you strive for then? Once you have whatever gear is perfect for your char, you cannot find anything you get excited about anymore. So how soon should that happen? After a month of casual playing? After a year? Never? I think GGG is correct in keeping the absolute top gear super rare and expensive.
And no, I have no Shavronne or Kaom, not a single 6L item and I played maps with several of my chars.

Then you go play another character. Sadly shavs are bis for pretty much any build so this question is loaded but any other chest? There are lots of builds that would not use cloak of defiance even if it had 7 links.

This fallacy of 'perfect gear and what next' simply shows what are the player prioirities. Some players want just to play the game and slay mobs in an interwsting way. Thats why i stop playing around 80+ because i want to test something new.
It looks great to get 5L quite easily it may help a lot while leveling up.

I just hope it won't be necessary to have all the currency in the inventory but just in Stash while crafting.
1500fusing = ~25ex.
Idk who will use it in 3month..
I am worried about this Socket Crafting stuff.. Imo, it seems out of place and uninspired.

Regarding Chromatics, I really think that an approach like the following could have done the trick:

-Chromatics now reroll open sockets (the ones not socketed with gems) rather than all sockets. This change allows players to save socket colours at will by placing gems into sockets, and reroll specific sockets at will by removing gems or leaving sockets open.

A similar method, in concept, likely could have sufficed for Jeweler's/Fusings; something to allow for saving progress while chancing for improvements while not guaranteeing an outcome while not promoting massive currency stockpiling.

Please do not leave Jeweler's/Fusing functionalities in their current states: mutually exclusive, wasteful, and punishing (Simply imagine trying to turn a 5S 5L into a 6L. The process starts with destroying your 5L. Really? Wtf?).

I do not understand why GGG is not trying to make utilizing socket-related currencies less painful. Why even have currencies that interact with items if they are generally not fun to utilize. If you want us to sink more currency, just make it more attractive, or less ugly, to use. Either that, or just remove socket-related currency functionalities altogether so that they are absolute currencies that can only be utilized at vendors or in trade. Pick one or the other, please.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info