More Forsaken Masters Information

"
Khisanth wrote:

"
NeroNoah wrote:
Wait, what? Reliable 6-linking?

What will you do with the extra 6-links we'll see from now on? And the power creep?

Not that I care if the game becomes easier, but I want to know what are your intentions.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's surprising.

PS And what about 5-linking?

What power creep? 6L has been in the game since how long now? People who can afford 1500 fusings can afford to buy the 6Ls anyway. Probably for less. As mentioned in the article 1500 fusing is more than the average amount it would take to gamble. I have yet to get a 6L myself(having enough trouble with 5L but I am definitely doing that one wrong) but from the various posts/comments/etc I've seen it is around 500~1500 fusings and 25% chance per link for 6L. Using the 25%/link in a simulation the numbers actually match up pretty well and it shows you who this is for. The person who doesn't want to be that miserable unlucky person who spent over 11k fusings to fail at 6L. 1500 also happens to be the median for doing it the normal way(this is all without q20ing the item first).

The article mentions "force more links than it currently has" so it should cover 5L as well. Just a different cost.

Yeah, I overreacted a little. :P

Although the reduced risk will make it "safer" so it's expected to see a lot more 6-L out there from now.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
jaredh wrote:
"
Dajmstrut wrote:
1500 fuses for doing a 6l? I fear I didn't read that wrong. That's 25 exalted at 1:2 1:30. Still unobtainable. More currency than I've made in all of my PoE, starting from very early open beta...

1500 is beyond too many for it to be something most people will get. How many fusings actually drop in a 3mo league? I'm guessing its somewhere on the order of 1/hr/player.

Assume there are 10,000 avg simultaneous users (VERY generous). So that's

10,000 players x 1 hr x 24 hrs/day x 30 days in a month x 3 months = 21,600,000 fusings

Assume 30% of fusings are used for other purposes (4Ls, 5Ls) so that leaves + 15,120,000.

That allows for 10,080 6Ls.

In reality, avg simultaneous users is probably more like 5,000/challenge league tops. The problem is that 80% of these 15 million fusings will be hoarded by the top 10% of gamers.

So that leaves only 3,024,000 fusings for the majority of people, which really only permits 2,016 people (max) to get a 6L on their own. The rest of us will be stuck paying the 20ex prices the cartels want to price at.

The one good thing coming out of this is the prices of 6Ls will drop significantly. The price floor simply won't hold anymore.
Dropped fusings?

How about collecting magic and rare items, selling them to vendor for alts, selling them to vendor for jewels, selling them to vendor for fusings?
"
cena6665 wrote:
rich get richer with 1500 cost of a 6L, screw the casual players eh GGG?...

The "casual player" doesn't need anything more than a 5l, and I wouldn't be surprised if the masters will be able to 5l an item for... What's the average 5l fuse requirement? 200-300 fuses? Point is, I'm sure GGG will make 5l something that is, in theory, "attainable" by the casual player using a master.

Also, the rich won't get richer with this expansion. If anything, this expansion will drive up the value of fusings while making 6l items cheaper. In short, hold onto your fusings, because people are going to start paying more for them.
IGN: JohnVonNeumann
"
JoJoBoxer wrote:

How about collecting magic and rare items, selling them to vendor for alts, selling them to vendor for jewels, selling them to vendor for fusings?

and that's not even considering the fact that masters sell you currency cheaper if you earned their trust.
Spoiler
"
Chris wrote:
Level 6: Stacks of currency at a slightly better exchange rate than the current vendors
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
DO NOT listen to the people that think 1500 fusings is too much for a 6L. 6L's are supposed to be rare, it would be stupid if every random person that plays for an hour a day could craft a 6L.
"
geradon wrote:
"
JoJoBoxer wrote:

and that's not even considering the fact that masters sell you currency cheaper if you earned their trust.
Spoiler
"
Chris wrote:
Level 6: Stacks of currency at a slightly better exchange rate than the current vendors

Sounds like the amount of currency they sell is very limited though... which is good.
"
JoJoBoxer wrote:

Dropped fusings?

Way too much effort for most people.
Last edited by jaredh on Aug 1, 2014, 11:29:07 AM
Sounds great! Full trust on GGG's ability to implement all this with balance and execution.

Cannot wait for launch.
IGN="Tanky"
"
xeredar wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
"
xeredar wrote:

Crazy costs don't have to be 75 stacks of something. Imagine "crazy costs" like 15 exalts. That would be 1 1/2 stacks (you really don't need to buy stash tabs for that ... or so I've heard) and would allow you, to not pay anything. No Pay to Win here sorry!

And on another note: Even if every level 8 Master would have a sale option that would require you to save 75 stacks of something: There is no reason for you to save up the currency for all eight of those transactions and only then spend it. If you have 75 stacks of fusings - spend them. You immediately have the space for 75 more stacks.

You people can use strawman arguments all you want, but it is clear as day to me. There is no reason that it should cost fuses other than make us get more stahs tabs. No reason at all. This amount is ridiculous, it should be chaose-exalt, since they are the most common and take less space because of their relative value. But no, they will use fuses and as was written in the post other masters will use representative orbs from what buff they do.

As you said yourself the reasoning is, that the currency it costs is the currency you would use normally to get the desired result. This is, to not artificially set ratios for certain things or to make certain currencies "all-rounders". If you could buy every workbench crafts for lets say chaos orbs, they would rise in value and every other orb would lose value in the process, because it would be way better to just stack chaos orbs in your stash and buy everything you want with it.

They have to do it this way to preserve the inherent value of each orb.

If they wanted to introduce pay to win into PoE they could do it in thousand other ways. But they won't. Why? Because GGG and many other companies learned, that people spend more money and more frequently, when they don't have to do it. Sounds counter intuitive, but it is what companies do to ensure their existence in todays free to play landscape (see incredibly successful and big games like DotA 2 and League of Legends for example)

All of this, exactly. Each orb has a separate inherent function, and that will be preserved.

But, let's take a second to entertain Allnamestaken's side of the argument. Yes, having more stash tabs does make progression in wealth easier. You're able to carry more junk that sell rarely and for very little, enabling you to build wealth from a broader buyer base. And, in the case of needing vast amounts of currency, it will help in holding all of the currency until you have enough. So, let's take this very broad view of the term "pay to win," and say that this (minute as it may be) advantage puts PoE on the PTW scale. It's still way far down on the scale. The developers really deserve some compensation for all of the hard work and great ideas they put into this game. Stash tabs aren't expensive.

You could also look at it this way: pick some amount of stash tabs you think you'll need to meet whatever capacity you think is necessary to succeed. Consider yourself playing a demo version of the game until you buy the full version for the cost of those tabs. Still not an expensive game, and the amount of content you get for playing the demo is really amazing.
"
jaredh wrote:
"
Dajmstrut wrote:
1500 fuses for doing a 6l? I fear I didn't read that wrong. That's 25 exalted at 1:2 1:30. Still unobtainable. More currency than I've made in all of my PoE, starting from very early open beta...

1500 is beyond too many for it to be something most people will get. How many fusings actually drop in a 3mo league? I'm guessing its somewhere on the order of 1/hr/player.

Assume there are 10,000 avg simultaneous users (VERY generous). So that's

10,000 players x 1 hr x 24 hrs/day x 30 days in a month x 3 months = 21,600,000 fusings

Assume 30% of fusings are used for other purposes (4Ls, 5Ls) so that leaves + 15,120,000.

That allows for 10,080 6Ls.

In reality, avg simultaneous users is probably more like 5,000/challenge league tops. The problem is that 80% of these 15 million fusings will be hoarded by the top 10% of gamers.

So that leaves only 3,024,000 fusings for the majority of people, which really only permits 2,016 people (max) to get a 6L on their own. The rest of us will be stuck paying the 20ex prices the cartels want to price at.

The one good thing coming out of this is the prices of 6Ls will drop significantly. The price floor simply won't hold anymore.

That's a whole lot guessed numbers you're crunching.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info