More Forsaken Masters Information

"
Startkabels wrote:
How does this work:

"
Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash are self-buff skills that reserve some of your mana pool to add elemental bonuses to your attacks.

What is the difference with existing elemental damage auras and why are these new skills introduced?

Probably so user with generosity can still have a fire and cold elemental damage buff.
This is awesome!

This is what makes GGG different from all the other game companies.
Keep it up, and make sure that you guys don't lose it as the company and the game grows.

Now I'm much more excited about the expansion. =D
"
Dajmstrut wrote:
1500 fuses for doing a 6l? I fear I didn't read that wrong. That's 25 exalted at 1:2 1:30. Still unobtainable. More currency than I've made in all of my PoE, starting from very early open beta...

1500 is beyond too many for it to be something most people will get. How many fusings actually drop in a 3mo league? I'm guessing its somewhere on the order of 1/hr/player.

Assume there are 10,000 avg simultaneous users (VERY generous). So that's

10,000 players x 1 hr x 24 hrs/day x 30 days in a month x 3 months = 21,600,000 fusings

Assume 30% of fusings are used for other purposes (4Ls, 5Ls) so that leaves + 15,120,000.

That allows for 10,080 6Ls.

In reality, avg simultaneous users is probably more like 5,000/challenge league tops. The problem is that 80% of these 15 million fusings will be hoarded by the top 10% of gamers.

So that leaves only 3,024,000 fusings for the majority of people, which really only permits 2,016 people (max) to get a 6L on their own. The rest of us will be stuck paying the 20ex prices the cartels want to price at.

The one good thing coming out of this is the prices of 6Ls will drop significantly. The price floor simply won't hold anymore.
"
jaredh wrote:
"
Dajmstrut wrote:
1500 fuses for doing a 6l? I fear I didn't read that wrong. That's 25 exalted at 1:2 1:30. Still unobtainable. More currency than I've made in all of my PoE, starting from very early open beta...

1500 is beyond too many for it to be something most people will get. How many fusings actually drop in a 3mo league? I'm guessing its somewhere on the order of 1/hr/player.

Assume there are 10,000 avg simultaneous users (VERY generous). So that's

10,000 players x 1 hr x 24 hrs/day x 30 days in a month x 3 months = 21,600,000 fusings

Assume 30% of fusings are used for other purposes (4Ls, 5Ls) so that leaves + 15,120,000.

That allows for 10,080 6Ls.

In reality, avg simultaneous users is probably more like 5,000/challenge league tops. The problem is that 80% of these 15 million fusings will be hoarded by the top 10% of gamers.

So that leaves only 3,024,000 fusings for the majority of people, which really only permits 2,016 people (max) to get a 6L on their own. The rest of us will be stuck paying the 20ex prices the cartels want to price at.

The one good thing coming out of this is the prices of 6Ls will drop significantly. The price floor simply won't hold anymore.

You missed the almost certainly largest source of fusings. Vendors. I get most of my fusings from converting my currency through the vendor, not drops.
Last edited by WraeclastianWine on Aug 1, 2014, 11:04:05 AM
"

To offer a lower-variance way for players to socket and link their items. It's still possible (and a little cheaper) to roll them randomly, but for players who don't want to use 2000 fusings and fail to six-link an item, you can pay 1500 to do it at a crafting bench. Note that the odds of rolling this naturally have always been slightly lower than 1 in 1500 anyway, so it's entirely a choice of whether you want to gamble or have a deterministic result.

Awesome. Still never going to have a 6L. 1500 fusings? I hope that is just a.... "ballpark, not set in stone" number.

"

To allow the highest of players to modify the sockets on corrupted items.

I'm starting to become a little worried. The hideout crafting, is sounding like it's only going to be for those people who trade, trade, and trade some more for their orbs. It's still promoting an RMT style level of gameplay, for those who aren't able to play enough to acquire the currency through normal means, or get a lucky drop that they can sell for a ton of exalts.
Is the stack size for fusings getting increased?
Our inventory has 12x5 slots = 60 stacks
1500 / 20 = 75 stacks of fusings

I guess the masters can just take from our stash like the current NPCs do but that is still a bit over half a stash tab. This results in a hidden cost(stash space).

"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"a level 60+ item" doesn't sound like a good reward for getting level 7 with a master, doesn't the vendor in act 3 already sell those? If not, getting ilvl 60+ white items is ridiculously easy anyway....

As for unique, what does "good" mean, is there an incredibly small chance of getting a Kaom's? Or is it limited to T2 items at best?

The current vendors' only change inventory when you level up. The article didn't mention it directly but I guess this is similar, it is not supposed to provide some sort of big advantage. The vendors give you the equivalent of maybe one extra run of something(dock/library/archieves/low level map/etc.). It would be like you had an extra 5-10m to play the game each day.

As for the uniques they are probably based on the drop rates but slightly better since you still have to pay it.

"
Kaysee wrote:
Will we see Chinese Prison gaming farmers create 100s/1000s of accounts, quickly grind out the rep 24/7, check each account daily for the best value deals and/or most valuable on the market... and sell these items/services to time poor players via RMT or in-game service fees (Public Party: WTS Vorici Level 8 Crafting Services).

^ That is my last concern... honest. :)

Grinding hundreds or thousands of accounts up to high level plus the rep grind seems like a huge waste of time when you could have spent that time doing something like split party Dominus runs with a culler.

"
NeroNoah wrote:
Wait, what? Reliable 6-linking?

What will you do with the extra 6-links we'll see from now on? And the power creep?

Not that I care if the game becomes easier, but I want to know what are your intentions.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's surprising.

PS And what about 5-linking?

What power creep? 6L has been in the game since how long now? People who can afford 1500 fusings can afford to buy the 6Ls anyway. Probably for less. As mentioned in the article 1500 fusing is more than the average amount it would take to gamble. I have yet to get a 6L myself(having enough trouble with 5L but I am definitely doing that one wrong) but from the various posts/comments/etc I've seen it is around 500~1500 fusings and 25% chance per link for 6L. Using the 25%/link in a simulation the numbers actually match up pretty well and it shows you who this is for. The person who doesn't want to be that miserable unlucky person who spent over 11k fusings to fail at 6L. 1500 also happens to be the median for doing it the normal way(this is all without q20ing the item first).

The article mentions "force more links than it currently has" so it should cover 5L as well. Just a different cost.
"
shoju wrote:
"

To offer a lower-variance way for players to socket and link their items. It's still possible (and a little cheaper) to roll them randomly, but for players who don't want to use 2000 fusings and fail to six-link an item, you can pay 1500 to do it at a crafting bench. Note that the odds of rolling this naturally have always been slightly lower than 1 in 1500 anyway, so it's entirely a choice of whether you want to gamble or have a deterministic result.

Awesome. Still never going to have a 6L. 1500 fusings? I hope that is just a.... "ballpark, not set in stone" number.

"

To allow the highest of players to modify the sockets on corrupted items.

I'm starting to become a little worried. The hideout crafting, is sounding like it's only going to be for those people who trade, trade, and trade some more for their orbs. It's still promoting an RMT style level of gameplay, for those who aren't able to play enough to acquire the currency through normal means, or get a lucky drop that they can sell for a ton of exalts.

Why do you think you deserve a 6-L?

No, seriously. What time do you think it's fair to get one? Do you use the vendors?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I see a some of what I proposed many months ago here and I'm very glad for it. :-)
My "MYTHICAL ITEMS" idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617824/page/1

Keep it up, GGG!
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Aug 1, 2014, 11:12:24 AM
TO PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE 6L PRICE:

Remember, the 6L setup is the ultimate endgame items. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY TO GET.
"
JoJoBoxer wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
chris: how does that all correlate with party play?

is doing quests for masters in a group giving the reputations for all party members?
looks unlikely cause some of the players may not have the according master unlocked.

exited
If you complete the quest, you will unlock the master, won't you?

don't know. as far as i understood you need to get the mission first for it to count.

so the question still is: if i get a quest from a master and invite party members to help me afterwards, do they profit from the quest?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 2, 2014, 4:25:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info