More Forsaken Masters Information

We still need a new trading system!
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Why do you think you deserve a 6-L?

Maybe, if you could only get a 6L through crafting, could you say that someone "deserves" or "doesn't deserve" something like that. Then, we could talk about time frames, or who deserves it. But, since You could create an account RIGHT NOW. play for 2 days straight, and end up with a 6L falling out of a corpse's ass, your position is tenuous at best. Or, you could say that your position comes off sounding elitist, as if the people who can play this game more than an hour or so a day are somehow "better" or "more deserving" than me. Seriously? This game has absolutely zero reward for time played. There is nothing about it that rewards you for time spent in game. I could level up my duelist when I get home tonight, go check the vendors for chrome vendor trash, and get a 6L from the vendor. I could then go back, and run another mud geyser map on the same duelist, and get a Soul Taker from the first mob I kill after zoning.

Or, I could log in tonight, play all night long, and get jack. nothing but chrome fodder, chaos fodder, and alt fodder.

When there is a reward for time spent, then we can talk about who deserves what. Otherwise? Spare me your pretentious elitism.

If there is a way to get end game gear, like farm a type of mob or do a special instance the game will end in 10 days or less and it will be pretty boring.

Is the same system as diablo II, but you have options in path of exile, the reward comes when you understand the mechanics of the game and stop crying...
Last edited by SoulsideJourney on Aug 1, 2014, 12:28:34 PM
so nothing about desync?
"
shoju wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Why do you think you deserve a 6-L?

No, seriously. What time do you think it's fair to get one? Do you use the vendors?

Wait... deserve?

So, we're now playing a game, and you get what you get, based on what you deserve, as if there is some system that only doles out 6L's to those who deserve it. Right. Got it.

Well, Let's see. I have
8 66+ Characters,
plus 3 70+ characters
plus a level 80+ character

on this account.

And on my son's old account, there are 5+ 60+ characters plus 1 70+ plus 1 80+, since we played together for a while. I've been playing since the first weekend of open beta, I use the vendors religiously.

But, I don't trade much. I've maybe traded a total of 2 dozen times. Most of them in Domination, when I was actually listed on the ladder, so the indexer auto showed me as online, and people wanted some of the stuff I had.

Deserve? That's a crap word for something that can drop in the game arbitrarily, as long as the RNG generator picks your number.

Maybe, if you could only get a 6L through crafting, could you say that someone "deserves" or "doesn't deserve" something like that. Then, we could talk about time frames, or who deserves it. But, since You could create an account RIGHT NOW. play for 2 days straight, and end up with a 6L falling out of a corpse's ass, your position is tenuous at best. Or, you could say that your position comes off sounding elitist, as if the people who can play this game more than an hour or so a day are somehow "better" or "more deserving" than me. Seriously? This game has absolutely zero reward for time played. There is nothing about it that rewards you for time spent in game. I could level up my duelist when I get home tonight, go check the vendors for chrome vendor trash, and get a 6L from the vendor. I could then go back, and run another mud geyser map on the same duelist, and get a Soul Taker from the first mob I kill after zoning.

Or, I could log in tonight, play all night long, and get jack. nothing but chrome fodder, chaos fodder, and alt fodder.

When there is a reward for time spent, then we can talk about who deserves what. Otherwise? Spare me your pretentious elitism.

lol i will answer for u, yes, u will earn what u deserve, basedo n ur effort, and a bit of luck, and obviously u dont put enought effort to achive a 6l, 8 60+ char, worthless......3 70+ worthless.......1 80+? lol, is it serious? do u really think u should have acces for something like a 6l if u not even have a 90+ toon? a 6l is a ultimate endmage, i am not elitist neither ubber hardcore, but u seen to have played like 100 hours at best.......
players who don't want to use 2000 fusings and fail to six-link an item, you can pay 1500 to do it at a crafting bench <-- that don't solve nothing ... there are a good 6L at less price than it if you buying at good sellers ...
"

If there is a way to get end game gear, like farm a type of mob or do a special instance the game will end in 10 days or less and it will be pretty boring.

Is the same system as diablo II, but you have options in path of exile, the reward comes when you understand the mechanics of the game and stop crying...

You misunderstand.

I'm not saying I wanted it handed to me.

But I have a SERIOUS problem with the idea that "deserve" enters into an equation when everything about the game is RANDOM.

The workbenches are the first step towards "real" crafting in this game. The "crafting" you do now, is not crafting. It's a slot machine, and you're gambling. The question isn't how good of an item are you after. The question is: How much are you willing to risk to get it?

Because, you can, lose everything.

I dropped a ton, probably 20 ex worth of orbs into an ilvl 78 vaal regalia (pre eternal orb) trying to craft an end game worthy piece for my summoner.

I rage deleted the piece when I was completely, and utterly broke. Then best I had seen out of it, after all the gambling was a 400 ES, single Resist, 6 Socket, 4L'd piece that just made me want to punch puppies.

I'm now 750+ Chromes into trying to get this to go: GGGRR. This, is as close as I've seen.

All because I'm trying to upgrade from this

As far as D2? I couldn't tell you. This is my first (and probably last) ARPG. The randomness of it all is just not my bag.
"
"
perafelix wrote:
I just got this today with 60 Jewelers and 45 fuse

fuck the 1,500 fuse

1500 fusings is a slap in the face of the casual players and the SF players as well.

50 or 100 would be fine but 1500? Thats a bad joke.

50 - 100 fuses for a 6l?? lol, i love to see those posts to make my friday even better
Sounds great. Especially showing off equipment/micro-transaction effects and spare pets in your Hideout.
"
Iblisx wrote:
"
"
perafelix wrote:
I just got this today with 60 Jewelers and 45 fuse

fuck the 1,500 fuse

1500 fusings is a slap in the face of the casual players and the SF players as well.

50 or 100 would be fine but 1500? Thats a bad joke.

This has got to be the post of the day folks! Let's give it up for Iblisx!!!
Yeah bro YEAH!
Dude, this shit is BANANAS. B... A-N-A-N-A-S Bananas.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info