More Forsaken Masters Information

oh my fucking God,thats some advanced q&a xD

GGG you never dissapoint.
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
Last edited by IVIetal on Aug 1, 2014, 8:59:18 AM
"
Chris wrote:
We're considering selling mannequins that let you show off your items and microtransaction effects in your Hideout.

ah there you go, chained user interface girls. where is my purse???
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The 1500 fusing craft is somewhat disappointing, but is better than nothing. Thanks!

That said, I would have much preferred armour that tracked fuses used and had a higher percentage chance of rolling more links with more fuses used. To me, it better provides the feeling of continuous progression, without giving a nasty tradeoff (extra cost), all the while maintaining RNG.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
Hats off to you guys. Nothing but pure awesomeness. It amazes me how much content you guys can push out. I look at the latest "content patch" for D3 and it makes me laugh. Stay classy.
I read this post in Chris' voice.
How does this work:

"
Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash are self-buff skills that reserve some of your mana pool to add elemental bonuses to your attacks.

What is the difference with existing elemental damage auras and why are these new skills introduced?
so far no mention of:

2h weapon balance? (dagger>all) right now

crit balance?

aura balance?

Last edited by Pepock on Aug 1, 2014, 9:23:58 AM
No need for crit and aura balance, everybody who made you believe that is only concerned about end game low life Shavs etc.
"
xeredar wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
"
Draconyn wrote:

75 inventory slots isn't really that much if you think about it, one 2 handed weapon takes up 6-8 slots, and there are 144 spaces in each stash tab, so really, you need to empty out half an entire stash tab, that is 1/8 of your stash space assuming you dont "P2W"... all for a 6L. Pretty damn nice if you ask me

x8

There are 8 masters, and all of them have 8 tiers, and 6-7 tier bound to have crazy costs too. It will be impossible to utilize them in any meaningfull way without stash tab purchase.

Crazy costs don't have to be 75 stacks of something. Imagine "crazy costs" like 15 exalts. That would be 1 1/2 stacks (you really don't need to buy stash tabs for that ... or so I've heard) and would allow you, to not pay anything. No Pay to Win here sorry!

And on another note: Even if every level 8 Master would have a sale option that would require you to save 75 stacks of something: There is no reason for you to save up the currency for all eight of those transactions and only then spend it. If you have 75 stacks of fusings - spend them. You immediately have the space for 75 more stacks.

You people can use strawman arguments all you want, but it is clear as day to me. There is no reason that it should cost fuses other than make us get more stahs tabs. No reason at all. This amount is ridiculous, it should be chaose-exalt, since they are the most common and take less space because of their relative value. But no, they will use fuses and as was written in the post other masters will use representative orbs from what buff they do.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
"
xeredar wrote:

Crazy costs don't have to be 75 stacks of something. Imagine "crazy costs" like 15 exalts. That would be 1 1/2 stacks (you really don't need to buy stash tabs for that ... or so I've heard) and would allow you, to not pay anything. No Pay to Win here sorry!

And on another note: Even if every level 8 Master would have a sale option that would require you to save 75 stacks of something: There is no reason for you to save up the currency for all eight of those transactions and only then spend it. If you have 75 stacks of fusings - spend them. You immediately have the space for 75 more stacks.

You people can use strawman arguments all you want, but it is clear as day to me. There is no reason that it should cost fuses other than make us get more stahs tabs. No reason at all. This amount is ridiculous, it should be chaose-exalt, since they are the most common and take less space because of their relative value. But no, they will use fuses and as was written in the post other masters will use representative orbs from what buff they do.

As you said yourself the reasoning is, that the currency it costs is the currency you would use normally to get the desired result. This is, to not artificially set ratios for certain things or to make certain currencies "all-rounders". If you could buy every workbench crafts for lets say chaos orbs, they would rise in value and every other orb would lose value in the process, because it would be way better to just stack chaos orbs in your stash and buy everything you want with it.

They have to do it this way to preserve the inherent value of each orb.

If they wanted to introduce pay to win into PoE they could do it in thousand other ways. But they won't. Why? Because GGG and many other companies learned, that people spend more money and more frequently, when they don't have to do it. Sounds counter intuitive, but it is what companies do to ensure their existence in todays free to play landscape (see incredibly successful and big games like DotA 2 and League of Legends for example)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info