endurance charge/stun love

"
exsea wrote:

endurance on stun gives melee players survivability, at minimum (3 charge) thats 12% damage reduction and all resists

stun gives a brief window of the enemy not doing anything, thus increase survivability

And why exactly does end-charge-on-stun + Stun/end charge builds needs a buff...? This is kinda a ridiculous request by all honest means. You´re acting like a character doing such kinda build is enforced to only this one and only source of end charges in every single situation. That´s plain wrong and a bit ignorant or just very, very lazy depending on the arguments you already used to confirm your arguments. Like omg i need to cast more than once EC to get max charges in a BOSS FIGHT... really?

Or i just understood everything wrong and apologize beforehand.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

endurance on stun gives melee players survivability, at minimum (3 charge) thats 12% damage reduction and all resists

stun gives a brief window of the enemy not doing anything, thus increase survivability

And why exactly does end-charge-on-stun + Stun/end charge builds needs a buff...? This is kinda a ridiculous request by all honest means. You´re acting like a character doing such kinda build is enforced to only this one and only source of end charges in every single situation. That´s plain wrong and a bit ignorant or just very, very lazy depending on the arguments you already used to confirm your arguments. Like omg i need to cast more than once EC to get max charges in a BOSS FIGHT... really?

Or i just understood everything wrong and apologize beforehand.

yeah i m extremely lazy to whine about this, but immune to stun is also a lazy implementation to nerf stun.

yeah omg i need to cast EC many times over the course of dunno how many seconds just to get my endurance defence working. if you think immune to stun is "normal" and i'm the only one complaining, try imagining GGG implementing "immune to crits". heh.

look at blood magic map mod, that was removed after the devs realized it shut down CI builds
[Removed by Support]
they could just convert stun immunity to 1000% stun/block recovery, which will turn those full second long stuns into only 0.1 second stuns.

not really good suggestion
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
they could just convert stun immunity to 1000% stun/block recovery, which will turn those full second long stuns into only 0.1 second stuns.

not really good suggestion

on contrary i'd prefer this to happen rather than a pure "immune to stun"

also this can be applied to shock/burn/ignite, no immunity but drastically reduced effect

in case GGG decides to make crit immune monsters, they can perhaps make the monster have defense against crits so that crit damage scales down towards 110% crit multiplier instead of immunity to crits.

this way builds can still function, handicapped yes but not entirely crippled
[Removed by Support]
or more elegantly, all mentioned effects (separately handled) are only 10-20% (preferably the 20%) effective on respective resistant foes. this could potentially carry over to outright damage taken but can't have regeneration or leeching mods, only DoT might bypass unless resistant to those.

this can replace most of what we already have to be more linear and flat. the more steps you shove into a game, the harder it becomes when trying to find problems.
Currently there's only 2 ways to stun bosses regularly - shield charge and vaal ground slam. You could stick both in a 3-link with ECOMS if your build relies on having tons of charges.

Of course, stun immunity is a real shitter. Especially when it's such a common map mod.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
exsea wrote:

look at blood magic map mod, that was removed after the devs realized it shut down CI builds

Ummmm they didn't remove blood magic map mod... i rolled and ran one today actually.
If I could ditch PCoC in favor of some kind of enduring cry for power charges on a CWDT setup, I would do it in a heartbeat. So would anyone else. That extra link is way more valuable than the occasional inconvenience of running out of charges.

Endurance charges are fine. Power charges take a lot more dedication to maintain, but they're fine too.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Stun is just too strong on bosses. End of story.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info