You ruined Standard with Legacy items!

"
Startkabels wrote:
I'm missing the point maybe but why do you think you're screwed because others are make currency faster?

You're not missing the point, because there is no point. The argument here seems to be that Legacy items are expensive, therefore no one should be allowed to have them. If that is the root of the anti-legacy argument (which, it seems to be!), then it can safely be ignored.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
So I take it that the suggestion is to remove legacy items but the counter argument is that it's not acceptable to disregard the effort players had to make in order to obtain them initially, right?

I also assume that changing legacy items is not possible at all or?

Can't GGG remove them and compensate in currency or something? I guess it's also not acceptable to totally ruin somebody's build and give some currency in return.

I would personally not mind legacy items very much and you know, still if those legacy items are removed you (as a player) will always be unbalanced with elitist (as players) because they spend more time and have more wealth no matter what you do...

It's not like only legacy items are expensive and what is expensive totally depends on the player you're asking.
So what might not be expensive for you might be for me, you know...

Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 30, 2014, 5:19:24 PM
The point is:

legacies are a bad design > permanent leagues have bad design

the other point is:

GGG want this so you can go in 4 months league, that are not for all players

third point is, in consequence of 1st two points is:

some people leave the game cause some bad designs

last point is:

GGG don't learn : )
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 30, 2014, 5:17:58 PM
"
RoyalStar wrote:
The point is:

legacies are a bad design > permanent leagues have bad design

the other point is:

GGG want this so you can go in 4 months league, that are not for all players

third point is, in consequence of 1st two points is:

some people leave the game cause some bad designs

last point is:

GGG don't learn : )

Yeah first part of first point is obvious, second one is jumping to conclusions. It depends on why somebody is playing this game basically.
And also I think that many of those players who do think it makes permanent leagues invalid, are fine with playing temporary leagues.
So I don't think that the majority of the players will abandon this game because of legacy items.

I play this game for the personal experience, my position on ladders are interesting but I know my place as a more casual player.
"

You're not missing the point, because there is no point. The argument here seems to be that Legacy items are expensive, therefore no one should be allowed to have them. If that is the root of the anti-legacy argument (which, it seems to be!), then it can safely be ignored.

My argument isn't that at all. Its that legacies have no real reason to exist in standard and therefore should still drop for everyone.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

My argument isn't that at all. Its that legacies have no real reason to exist in standard and therefore should still drop for everyone.

Distinguishing hardcore from softcore is a good point but to just let them drop for everybody disregarding the balance chance completely seems a bit strange to me...
"
Startkabels wrote:

Distinguishing hardcore from softcore is a good point but to just let them drop for everybody disregarding the balance chance completely seems a bit strange to me...

Uh, thousands of these uniques still exist and are traded regularly. How has balance been helped at all?

Not to mention the forums seem to be in complete agreement that balance in standard isn't important.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 30, 2014, 6:18:48 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
Uh, thousands of these uniques still exist and are traded regularly. How has balance been helped at all?

Not to mention the forums seem to be in complete agreement that balance in standard isn't important.

It's one thing to accept you can't control a league that every other one pours into, it's another to just accept it's garbage. Also it doesn't make much sense honestly. Why would the same item drop in two league with two different rolls?

Look man, you're fighting the status quo and your argument so far is "because." I just don't why there would be a change at this point. You'd need a very strong argument to make GGG change their mind on almost a year of legacy items existing.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:

It's one thing to accept you can't control a league that every other one pours into, it's another to just accept it's garbage.

The vast majority of the forums including this very thread calls Standard the dumpster league and impossible to balance and here you are arguing with me about that? Wow. Ya I actually do wish they would balance standard better but leaving in thousands of copies of broken uniques and then making the rest undroppable for any future player doesn't help balance much and makes no logical sense.

"
Also it doesn't make much sense honestly. Why would the same item drop in two league with two different rolls?

Currently multiple versions of one unique are traded in the SAME LEAGUE, how exactly does that make more sense than having different versions in DIFFERENT leagues? The state of rainbow strides is hilarious. I've been here throughout all three versions and I still have to figure out which one of the three that it is.

"
Look man, you're fighting the status quo

I realize that and its not a whole lot of fun but I'm not going to be afraid to share my opinion.

"
Moosifer wrote:

and your argument so far is "because."

I have laid out a specific argument that's certainly longer than "because".

"

I just don't why there would be a change at this point. You'd need a very strong argument to make GGG change their mind on almost a year of legacy items existing.

Heck I don't expect them to change their minds. I disagree with their original decision and if what they did was the wrong decision then it doesn't matter how much time passes, I'll still point out that it was a bad decision. I didn't wait this long to critique them, I made a long thread about this the day they first did it.
Standard Forever
"
Luciana713 wrote:
Legacy items have ruined Standard completely for me, either make every single non-legacy uniques back to their previous state (on standard only) which will be fair to all players and update drops, or remove legacy items completely and don't make another one. Seriously what the hell were you thinking when you removed IIQ gem from the drop list ? What the hell were you thinking when you made legacy items in the first place ? Permanent advantage to the older players and fuck the new ones unless they want to spend ridiculous amount of currency ?

[Removed by Support] Legacy was make back in the day for the original players who financially supported the game. You weren't there, and you didn't do it.

"
What the hell were you thinking when you made legacy items in the first place

They made an item, and they nerfed it later for balance. [Removed by Support]

-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Jul 30, 2014, 10:03:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info