You ruined Standard with Legacy items!

"
iamstryker wrote:

I have no interest in half assed balances. The OP uniques are more important than ever before and as soon as you have enough currency for them they aren't hard to get so I don't see how any balance came out of the decision to leave them in the game, THEREFORE I can only conclude that it makes no sense to not let them continue to drop.

If they're not hard to get, why make such a big deal about them not dropping?

And they aren't more important than ever before. They are just more important to people who care more about what somebody else has than they do about just playing the game with what they have.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
iamstryker wrote:

"
Addressed in new expansion

It doesn't matter what they do to the drops or crafting. .

So why did you bring it up then, you're countering your own argument...
Make this drop 10% of the time in the standard leagues..

Just give the legacy items a 10% chance to drop in standard and if you divine them they reroll to the standard version.... So 9 out of 10 Rainbowstride's would be the new version, but the 1 out of 10 would have a 50% chance to be one of the two legacy versions. Shave's would still drop the 10% legacy version, but if you hit it with a divine it would roll the standard stats.

The 10% chance would also apply to standard drop too. 1 out of 10 Prismatic Ring could roll +16 resist all or 1 out of 10 Onyx Amulet could roll +20 all stats, Rustic Sash could roll the lower stats... but if you use a blessed orb on them then they get rolled into the standard stats.

This would include league only items dropping in standard at 10% of what they did in the in the 4 month leagues.

Have the IIQ stat have a 10% of rolling from it's previous normal stat roll in the standard leagues.

Do you know how much whining this would cure? Do you know how many players would start buying MTX again... do you know how many players would come back just for a chance at these items in a standard long term league?

It would also not degrade the price of of the legacy items because you can't reroll the stats on them, it would still be a legacy item that dropped occasionally.

At least look at this option that when something become legacy 9 out of 10 time it will drop as the current version for better or worse.... and if you blessed/divine it, it will roll it to the current versions (that means 1k hp Koam's Heart hit with a divine becomes a 500 hp Koam's heart with no fire dmg).

Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Jul 31, 2014, 6:41:41 PM
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:

Do you know how much whining this would cure? Do you know how many players would start buying MTX again... do you know how many players would come back just for a chance at these items in a standard long term league?

None. Absolutely none.

There is not one issue with legacy items that has been raised in this thread, or any other, that is exclusively an issue with legacy items. The problems would exist, but then the legacy scapegoat would not exist. And, the bitching would continue. Hither, strawman!
"

Legacy items are unbalanced, and break the game!

Mirror-worthy rares do a much better job.
"
But, they are expensive, and therefore out of reach for new players!

See above. Rares are far more expensive. Also, standard will never, ever, EVER be "fair" for new players to start in. Ever. That whole thing about it being a permanent economy that never gets wiped. I hear that's bad for inflation!
"
But... what were we talking about again?

Get the idea? Whatever issue you're blaming on legacy items, there is an underlying issue. Legacy items are really cool, and give long-term players in standard something to aspire to.

Focus your rage on something that's actually a problem.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Jul 31, 2014, 6:44:56 PM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:

None. Absolutely none.

There is not one issue with legacy items that has been raised in this thread, or any other, that is exclusively an issue with legacy items. The problems would exist, but then the legacy scapegoat would not exist. And, the bitching would continue. Hither, strawman!
"

Legacy items are unbalanced, and break the game!

Mirror-worthy rares do a much better job.
"
But, they are expensive, and therefore out of reach for new players!

See above. Rares are far more expensive. Also, standard will never, ever, EVER be "fair" for new players to start in. Ever. That whole thing about it being a permanent economy that never gets wiped. I hear that's bad for inflation!
"
But... what were we talking about again?

Get the idea? Whatever issue you're blaming on legacy items, there is an underlying issue. Legacy items are really cool, and give long-term players in standard something to aspire to.

Focus your rage on something that's actually a problem.

I am sorry that you are blind to what 1/2 the players are saying in this thread...

Me and other players don't see your version as you do... If legacy item's didn't bother people then there would be NO threads like this... And legacy item do affect ALL traders in ALL leagues with the cross league FG-RMTs going on. Yes, take a couple of econ classes and you will see how it affects all leagues.
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Jul 31, 2014, 6:55:48 PM
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
and legacy item do affect ALL traders in ALL leagues with the cross league FG-RMTs going on.
How? How do legacy items affect ALL traders? By making the non-legacy versions cheaper? Sounds like a good deal to me.
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
and legacy item do affect ALL traders in ALL leagues with the cross league FG-RMTs going on.
How? How do legacy items affect ALL traders? By making the non-legacy versions cheaper? Sounds like a good deal to me.

http://poe.xyz.is/search/ataninoosikiki
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:

"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:

Me and other players don't see your version as you do... If legacy item's didn't bother people then there would be NO threads like this... And legacy item do affect ALL traders in ALL leagues with the cross league FG-RMTs going on. Yes, take a couple of econ classes and you will see how it affects all leagues.

Choose to see it whatever way you want, but can you actually provide a rebuttal to my points?

Because, my way is the status quo. Your way affects my stash. Therefore, you have the burden to prove that your concerns are indeed because of legacy items, and not the underlying issues.

Well, that's just how I see it is a crappy reason. Substance please.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:

So your contention is all traders are affected by a single powerful and rare item that costs a lot of currency? That's dumb. Let's try this one: http://poe.xyz.is/search/omoyoyoririyey. Do you see that the non-legacy ones are cheaper? Isn't cheaper better? Unless of course, you are a seller.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info