You ruined Standard with Legacy items!

Seriousness incoming, yall betta recognize!

This is the first google result for "legacy Kaoms"
This is the first result for "WTS Kaoms"
Yeah, Legacy version is more expensive. But, how MUCH more expensive? About 11x more expensive than the balanced version.

If you have 30-35ex to spend on a regular Kaoms chest, you have approximately 30-35x more currency than almost anyone who has played the game. You ARE the 1%, and you clearly know how to get the big ticket items. Ya tellin me that you can't just work the system for a while longer to get the legacy version?

Stop being petty, work for what you want, and beat some other horse to death.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Hi everyone

Maybe somebody can clear this up for me i see this complaint a lot legacy items have ruined this league or that league but nobody can say exactly how it has been ruined the op joined 4 months ago and has a level 91 character how is the game ruined

i joined over a year ago my highest character is 76 and i do not care if some other player has legacy gear i just play the game and it probably wont be long before every one else has more legacy gear when they change the quivers.

so in the op's case every one should just lose all the quivers they found or crafted for there ranged characters because its unfair to a new player apparently.

i started with 3 flasks and 3 scrolls the same as everyone and everyone who starts after will have the same

please tell me how it is unfair ? you said "Permanent advantage to the older players and f**k the new ones" you are a newer player than me but at a higher level !
"
Antnee wrote:
About 11x more expensive than the balanced version.

Great argument. Instead of a new player figuring he needs to play 6 months to a year to get a 1000 HP Kaoms, he figures he has to play at least 3-5 years. I'm sure he is thrilled with that news. And don't forget to tell him that it will never drop and thats because the devs thought it was too OP.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 28, 2014, 8:41:16 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

Great argument. Instead of a new player figuring he needs to play 6 months to a year to get a 1000 HP Kaoms, he figures he has to play at least 3-5 years. I'm sure he is thrilled with that news. And don't forget to tell him that it will never drop and thats because the devs thought it was too OP.

Closer to 50 years, unless the player chooses one of the scuzzier 'shortcut' methods to riches :)
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

So, taking 6 months to a year is easy, taking 3 years is hard. You do realize that we aren't talking about miniscule chunks of time in either case, right? I know you get the point, but being deliberately obtuse on a public forum is much more effective.

The argument boils down to that the playing field is not 100% level. It's tilted pretty heavily towards older players. My rebuttal?

So fucking what?

"
Antnee wrote:

So, taking 6 months to a year is easy, taking 3 years is hard. You do realize that we aren't talking about miniscule chunks of time in either case, right? I know you get the point, but being deliberately obtuse on a public forum is much more effective.

The argument boils down to that the playing field is not 100% level. It's tilted pretty heavily towards older players.

In this case its tilted even more for reasons that make no sense.

Your really trying to say that the difference between 6 months and many years isn't significant to players?
Standard Forever
"
Uvne wrote:
You're essentially asking GGG to nerf existing players and builds down to your level of attainable wealth, despite the fact that they spent a lot of time gearing these characters. If they retroactively update legacy gear, they have to deal with the complaints that people's investments have been ruined.

Even if you grant that Legacy owners deserve to have their cheesecake, why should they get to eat it too? The pernicious aspect of Legacy items is how they've wreaked havoc on the trade economy with RMT-fueled pay2win prices. GGG could abolish this abuse with a simple solution that would preserve Legacy owners' builds intact:

When an item is anointed with Legacy status, make it Bound to Your Account.

And for good measure, do the same with Mirrored items as well.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 28, 2014, 10:13:41 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Uvne wrote:
If they enable old versions of uniques to still drop, then they have turned Standard into an actual "easy mode" with better gear.

WTF? That gear already exists. You can't say that OP uniques makes standard too easy and also argue that OP legacy gear is fine for the game. Its here now, it impacts the game just as badly in legacy form.

They are either over powered or they aren't.

Continuing to drop it exacerbates the problem, at least legacy stems the tide. If you keep dropping the legacy items, you're telling players that their time isn't worth as much in challenge leagues, because those leagues drop inferior versions of items. GGG knows better than to create that kind of disincentive.

I don't think OP legacy gear is fine for the game. It's just that GGG can't do anything about it without making a lot of people mad, so they've abandoned the idea of balancing the permanent leagues for all intents and purposes. Thus they default new players to challenge leagues.
Of course it's significant. But, let's look at this from a different angle, to maybe shed some light on the true cause of these frustrations!

Have a looksee here. Go ahead and scroll past all those shiny legacy uniques, and browse through some of the better rares at the bottom. There are buyouts listed for 300 eternals. For rares. Non-legacy rares.

Now, let's say I am Johnny-new-guy, and I have a look through that particular shop. What... EXACTLY is the difference between the top of that page and the bottom?

If you're mad about legacy items because they give an advantage to older players, why aren't you claiming that those other, equally priced, non-legacy items (which, btw, are fucking FAR more attractive) are ruining the experience for new folks on the standard server?

Some of those items cost far more than any legacy item we can sit here and bicker about. So, it's not the cost... maybe it's the fact that legacy items can't drop for anyone! Yeah! That's it!

Buttttttt... when you really sit down to think about it, what exactly are the odds of a Loath Bane dropping from even a thousand of the best rolled maps, cleared with the best MFer you ever did see? So, that's not it either...

Huh. Guess people are just jealous. Have a good night.

"
Luciana713 wrote:

Basically, you are forced to make new character every 4 months in this game if you want to play on a balanced server, sorry thats a complete BS to me.

I can understand people who want to keep a character for more than the challenge league length. But you're essentially saying that you only want to be grouped with players who started at the same time as you. So as of right now, we would have:

Original Open Beta (Retired)
Original Open Beta HC (Retired)
Anarchy (Retired)
Onslaught (Retired)
Domination (Retired)
Nemesis (Retired)
Anarchy (Retired)
Invasion (Retired)

1MSC - Currently Available
1MHC - Currently Available

...all as separate realms with far smaller playerbases. Don't you think that's a bit much to maintain? If you did this kind of separation, players would just complain that there's no one to play with and all the retired leagues should be combined. Which then creates the problem of unequal footing, but it's a less severe problem.

And no, removing items from players to even the playing field is not an option, because that would create more of an uproar than anything. Suppose you continue playing your character in Standard, who is based around Lightning Coil, and then in the next leagues Lightning Coil is nerfed to reduce maximum lighning resistance, destroying your build? In that case, you get to keep your character in Standard totally unscathed. Now supposed that newer players come along and campaign for your Lightning Coil to be taken away. How would you feel?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info