[3.0] Raider Elemental Dual Wield Cyclone Harvester | 230k+ DPS

Thank for the builds, i'm trying it with a lv65 scion and having lot of fun (Passive tree wise).
But as much as i want to go cyclone, the mana pool won't allow me with Herald of Ash, Lightning, Hatred on so i have been running static strike with dual dagger purely.
Finally gotten my hand enough currency to buy a Soul Taker then people told me that the Soul Taker for cyclone won't be necessary anymore when the 2.0 hit with the mana reduced change for cyclone.
So what's your opinion about the change? If Soul Taker isn't needed anymore, what should i do to sustain myself with enough mana/life for cyclone without sacrificing too much dmg?
I'm staying with Soul Taker, just because I'm doing all map mods and without ST I would probably have big problems to sustain mana on half regen maps. If you will play mana based Cyclone you will need some mana passives and mana on gear, so anyway your DPS will be similar and you will hear sometimes "I need more mana" :P Soul Taker is one of the items in this build that makes you don't have to care about map mods.

Currently only way to play Cyclone without ST is Blood Magic and it's big DPS loss, cause you can't use Added Fire Damage or Melee Damage on Full Life.
Crit version updated!
Really nice build, viable to hc.(IR build)
Today died from 1 shot-4k. Cause forgot, that i playing with eva build and bought armor boots/gloves.

Why no Ondar's Guile? Useless?

Main questions:
1. When i should use cyclone?
2. May I exp with something else and then reroll? With which skill will be faster with this passive tree?
3. Will you update your builds for Awakening?
4. Can i get Soul Taker from Siege axe + Orb of Chance?

Waiting for your answer.
Last edited by alsadask on May 22, 2015, 4:13:36 PM
It's not really eva build :P You can wear even ES items and it will be fine, the defense is from Acrobatics only. I was playing on HC and it works fine, however I've tried to kill Minara with crappy gear at 75 level and died :F

Ondar's Guile is useless with Cyclone, it helps only vs Uber Atziri spears.

1. You can start using Cyclone when you have 5L chest (Cyclone + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Life Gain on Hit). For Vaal Pact you need about 40k DPS to make leech more effective.
2. I always use Dual Strike until I get 5L chest, but survivability sucks without Cyclone, so you have to be careful.
3. Of course, I'm waiting for release.
4. Yup, but I wouldn't hope for that :)

Anyway it's not so good idea to make this build without having BoR or Soul Taker. DPS is crap without one of these items.
"
It's not really eva build :P You can wear even ES items and it will be fine, the defense is from Acrobatics only. I was playing on HC and it works fine, however I've tried to kill Minara with crappy gear at 75 level and died :F

Ondar's Guile is useless with Cyclone, it helps only vs Uber Atziri spears.

1. You can start using Cyclone when you have 5L chest (Cyclone + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Life Gain on Hit). For Vaal Pact you need about 40k DPS to make leech more effective.
2. I always use Dual Strike until I get 5L chest, but survivability sucks without Cyclone, so you have to be careful.
3. Of course, I'm waiting for release.
4. Yup, but I wouldn't hope for that :)

Anyway it's not so good idea to make this build without having BoR or Soul Taker. DPS is crap without one of these items.

I had BoR... and died.

Thx. I'll wait for Awakening and start there with your build.

Have a nice day.
Also, do u have beta key?
Is this build viable on beta?
But you had only 4k hp, so I guess you took more DPS before life :) At 75 level I had 5,2k life on HC, after more levels and some gear upgrades it can easily go 6k+.

I don't have, but it should be viable. Use Fortify instead of Added Fire Damage/Melee Damage on Full Life for better survivability.
Last edited by O2lsie on May 24, 2015, 5:07:03 AM
Just forgot, dat rolled +monster damage.
How melee damage on full life can help me to survive?
It shouldn't happen anyway, I'm running -max, monster damage and %extra damage easily, only Volatile Blood and Dominus are dangerous.
I mean Added Fire/Melee on Full Life, my bad ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info