Just decided to support GGG, hope they don't create another RMT challenges

[Removed by Support]
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Jul 27, 2014, 7:32:34 PM
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Jul 27, 2014, 7:32:49 PM
Agree.
This 1m league showed that ppl need 1m to make lvl90. Rest 3m r used to make lvl95 if u grind high lvl maps every day and farm items. Question is, if d2sp and rmt are not allowed, how so many players get 3-4 items (10-100+exalts) in 1m or 1 weak and why GGG support that? GGG support it because they dont ban ppl. I can reach 100 ex in 4m league but my shop will not have 5 shavs. I get them from playing 5h every day. U can call it RMT but same ppl r RMT Gods :D, every league, top on ladder with crazy gear from start.
"
NambrVan wrote:
GGG support it because they dont ban ppl.

That's like saying the police support shoplifting because they don't arrest every single person who does it...
Spoiler

As for how people can get that much wealth in a short time, sure some of them probably do it via RMT. But not all of them and GGG can't ban anyone without far stronger proof than that. Some people will just get lucky and find one or two very high value items that they can sell to get whatever else they need. Some get rich by leveling far faster than the average person in the first day or so and then selling leveling items to everyone else. Some just have the knowledge and the willingness to sit in trade chat for several hours a day doing nothing else but flipping items. If they know they can buy something for a couple chaos and resell for a few exalts, it doesn't take THAT long to build up a lot of wealth. The problem of course is that most people(myself included) don't have the knowledge of the economy to be able to do that, not the patience.
Last edited by Hodari on Jul 27, 2014, 7:42:17 PM
"
Lichalfred wrote:
Honstly, who cares about T-shirt. Its a bad kind of reward, the good one will be a in-game cosmetic item. Currently 8-stars yields NOTHING valuable. And additionally, 8 winners means ALL others get nothing, those who get 7,6 -stars.

And yeah, getting 8th star has NOTHING with playing the game - its all about trading, trading, and trading - is his game about trading - fuck no! Its about killing mobs and getting loot. Well, at least i wish it to be like it.

Believe it or not, the last challenge involved killing Uber Atziri many many times.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
i just listened to the last state of exile podcast (nr 10) today where chris mentioned this problem and their solution: they want to make it easier but only the first 10 or so players get physical goods.

that way ggg avoids the problem of having to send 1k shirts around the world because of a achievement challenge which proved to be too easy. which they were afraid off in the last league.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
i just listened to the last state of exile podcast (nr 10) today where chris mentioned this problem and their solution: they want to make it easier but only the first 10 or so players get physical goods.

Huh... never thought of that. Works.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
geradon wrote:

Huh... never thought of that. Works.

yup, it's one of these easy solutions you clap your forehead after somebody mentions it.
<<clap>>
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Sadat wrote:
instead of whining and demanding easier access to 8/8, maybe you should propose an 8/8 challenge, which you think would be a "fix" to your problem

I always thought that achieving 8/8 demands a lot of patience and other virtues, yet you and other 8/8-ers here act so aggressive and reckless to others opinions - I am cured of that thought.

There were few suggestions on the table, one of them even mentioned by the OP (making "prizes" not physical goods, but MTX so the 8/8 challenges could be less economical and more - anything else).

My opinion is close to that of the OP - more accessible challenges would give more incentive to "us" 5-6/8 ers. I would even propose this : let there be a time limit to get to those 8/8 challenges to receive prizes (example - you get 8/8 in two weeks you get a shirt, you get it in a month you get MTX shirt, anything later you get a good feeling)

I understand that my opinion is whining to you. I applaud to you, sir. Let me give you an example of more civilized approach : "I am trying to understand your viewpoint, but in my opinion...".
Most 8/8 players got bored of hearing ->

"Nice RMT challenge"

and sarcastic comments like that. This thread is even titled that - it's insulting :/

But yes, I do support more accessible challenges, not even 8/8 but to increase the difficult of 7/8 and 6/8 and give prizes for them. 7/8 is a joke compared to 8/8, shouldn't be that way. Should be like ->

6/8 is 25% of the way. Gives MTX.
7/8 is 50% of the way. Gives MTX.
8/8 is 100% of the way. Gives T-Shirt.

Instead of ->

6/8 is 1% of the way.
7/8 is 5% of the way.
8/8 is 100% of the way.

Players love a challenge, one more accessible to them would encourage more players to continue playing rather than quitting after seeing the 8th challenge.

It's not even hard to implement ->

6/8:

Acquire Items: Doryani's Catalyst, Invitation, Mortal Hope (Would require some change to stop Hopes being hoarded)
- This is for the players who kill Normal Atziri.

7/8:

Acquire Items: Atziri's Acuities, Splendour, Vertex
- This is for the players who can kill Uber 5 times.

8/8:

Acquire Items: Atziri's Disfavour
- This is for the players who can chain kill Uber (requires some trade)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 28, 2014, 4:19:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info