Just decided to support GGG, hope they don't create another RMT challenges

"
Chundadragon wrote:

But yes, I do support more accessible challenges, not even 8/8 but to increase the difficult of 7/8 and 6/8 and give prizes for them. 7/8 is a joke compared to 8/8, shouldn't be that way. Should be like ->

6/8 is 25% of the way.
7/8 is 50% of the way.
8/8 is 100% of the way.

Instead of ->

6/8 is 1% of the way.
7/8 is 5% of the way.
8/8 is 100% of the way.

Players love a challenge, one more accessible to them would encourage more players to continue playing rather than quitting after seeing the 8th challenge.

I wholeheartedly agree to this mindset. Even when it might look like me being "smartass" (after all, I just managed 6/8 and not the whole thing). It really, really puts me down that there is nothing PERSISTENT between 0/8 and 8/8, just a forum number that last only a short time before another league.

If there was a very miniskule MTX for 6/8 (a tatoo? Anyone?) then something larger for 7/8, even that would make me play the game more than just saying "oh well never going to trade my way to 8/8 so I call it a quit" after two months.

EDIT : What about a "pet" MTX that would basically be just a walking number from 1 to 8? A number with little legs (claws...) and the decoration / font would denote the league
Last edited by aldorus on Jul 28, 2014, 4:27:44 AM
They can solve the "Don't want to spend too much on t-shirts" aspect by stating that only the X first that reach 8/8 gets it. That way they can safely remove the trading requirement.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
They can solve the "Don't want to spend too much on t-shirts" aspect by stating that only the X first that reach 8/8 gets it. That way they can safely remove the trading requirement.

It wouldn't be a satisfactory solution, decreasing the challenge of 8/8 would change the value of the achievement that has been fairly consistently difficult for the past 12 months.

Would make far more sense to raise the other achievements on-par.

Getting 8/8 in a race isn't really satisfying, say you were away for the first 2 weeks - you've lost a huge advantage.

Designing challenge leagues around SFL has never been GGG's goal.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 28, 2014, 4:58:11 AM
"
geradon wrote:
they want to make it easier but only the first 10 or so players get physical goods.

Then OP and other whiners gonna say: "OMG GGG pls don't create other RMT challenges, no way they completed them that fast without RMT QQQQQ"
"
phoenix4dota wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
they want to make it easier but only the first 10 or so players get physical goods.

Then OP and other whiners gonna say: "OMG GGG pls don't create other RMT challenges, no way they completed them that fast without RMT QQQQQ"

People who fail to win at something always blame the ones that get ahead of them.
I would support them if they actually do some 'kickstarter' like promises. Heck improve the game or add more features and I'll think about it but 50 bucks for survivor pack... u got to be kidding me. I'm not a hat buyer like 99% of steam users.
"
Maoday wrote:
I would support them if they actually do some 'kickstarter' like promises. Heck improve the game or add more features and I'll think about it but 50 bucks for survivor pack... u got to be kidding me. I'm not a hat buyer like 99% of steam users.

Reported for RMT.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Or they could simply make one of the uniques required for the challenge account bound. That would solve your "problem".
"
phoenix4dota wrote:
"
geradon wrote:

easy peasy, ggg could also just randomly chose between the 6/6 achievements guys on who gets the physical goods. random is their area of expertise :)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Or they could simply make one of the uniques required for the challenge account bound. That would solve your "problem".

my guess: once the get that started (and break one of their basic rules in the dev manifesto) there is no going back to normal.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info