Boost global XP by 100%

"
Taganov wrote:

I understand you're offended, so I can look past the ad hominem in your posts. What's inexcusable is your sloppy argumentation and reading comprehension.

What someone else pointed out was that people get to maps in 24 hours and mid 90s in one week races. Go back and read it. Now consider the entire statement, as I did, and not just what's convenient to you before posting. Even within the context of 1 week races, not everyone gets to maps in a day, and certainly not everyone is mid 90s by the end. That notwithstanding, the poster still thought that XP gains are just fine, fast even, based on the performance of racers. As I have pointed out before, racers are not the norm, and since the question is whether or not XP should be boosted globally, then our examination of player progress certainly shouldn't be based solely on racers. This is extremely basic, but you're so caught up in your righteous outrage over me saying no-lifer/neckbearder that you don't want to see it.

I'd say the part about ad hominems and lack of reading comprehension applies to YOUR posts as well. And you're still missing the point.

It is possible to reach endgame in under 24 hours of playing. It doesn't matter if you do it in one continuous session like the racers do. If you don't have that kind of time, you can STILL do it in 6 4 hour sessions. Or 12 2 hours. I think most people here can manage that.

And sure, not everyone can level as fast as those racers. So take those numbers and double them if you want. 50 hours to reach endgame still doesn't seem that bad. And if you want to claim 50 hours is unrealistic for most people, then sorry but you're just wrong.

I made a new character for the 1 month race. I'm certainly not a top racer by any means. I played a couple hours at a time at most(aside from maybe the first day). I took my time rather than rushing forward as fast as possible through zones 4 levels higher than me. I played solo most of the time. I only traded for a few key items and gems that I needed. I died a few times. I afk'd in town for considerable lengths of time. And I hit level 70 on day 8 of the race. /played time: 1d15h36m. So I think it's fair to say any reasonably competent player can do it in that time.
Last edited by Hodari on Jul 28, 2014, 5:04:05 AM
Before you know it, you'll be gaining EXP when you die.

Increasing exp will not solve anything.
"
fgcewoud wrote:
Before you know it, you'll be gaining EXP when you die.

Start stockpiling those Cast on Death gems now.
"
Cergic wrote:
be spoon-fed logic and common sense i'm starting to question a thing or two.

The essential problem here is that you think that youre entitled to something, which is wrong. You have 168 hours per week. Assuming you work, study or whatever for 60, which probably wont even be the case, you still have 108. Going to work takes 2 hours back and forth, including showering and breakfast, still 98 left. You sleep 7 hours daily, 59 hours left. I wont bother and calculate in time for making food because thats just incredibly subjective.

And if you decide to only spend ~10 hours of those 59 per week on playing video games then thats your own fault. You prioritize other activities over them, but then have the balls to complain that you dont have enough time to spend. Do all of us the favour and stop to talk about logic when you apparently lack any.

"
Taganov wrote:
What someone else pointed out was that people get to maps in 24 hours and mid 90s in one week races. Go back and read it.

What is your point? Last time I checked a week long race has 7 days, meaning youre going to be fine with leveling 4 hours a day for 6 days. I dont really get what youre aiming at. You say that you lack time, but want to participate in a race? What exactly do you think will happen when they increase exp by 500%? That you suddenly stop to end up being bottom of the barrel tier?

His point was that people make it to endgame in 24 hours, which is a small time investment considering how easy it is to change builds on a leveled character. It doesnt matter if its in a race, 4 month or permanent league.

"
Taganov wrote:
ad hominem

Nice buzzword you got there. Unfortunately you dont even understand what its supposed to describe. Thats not your fault though, most people just spout this bullshit without having a clue what it actually stands for.

Fyi: the term is used when someone tries to descredit all arguments against him by using nothing but insults. Too bad that I still provided a shit ton of points why you dont make any sense. Weaving in a few insults doesnt make it an argumentum ad hominem.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 28, 2014, 8:54:43 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
or even more

not everybody has 16 hours a day or is willing to spend that time on this game. when D2's levelling progress was slowing down dramatically (for me at least) at level 80, in this game it's more like level 60 (!).

hence, make it possible to get multiple chars to the endgame in a reasonable time for everybody!

PS: when I play Pokemon, I never do it on the console. I play with emulator and speed set to 500% to make the boring repetitive fights faster - do the math

Not sure if serious.
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
nynyny wrote:

The essential problem here is that you think that youre entitled to something, which is wrong. You have 168 hours per week. Assuming you work, study or whatever for 60, which probably wont even be the case, you still have 108. Going to work takes 2 hours back and forth, including showering and breakfast, still 98 left. You sleep 7 hours daily, 59 hours left. I wont bother and calculate in time for making food because thats just incredibly subjective.

And if you decide to only spend ~10 hours of those 59 per week on playing video games then thats your own fault. You prioritize other activities over them, but then have the balls to complain that you dont have enough time to spend. Do all of us the favour and stop to talk about logic when you apparently lack any.

Eh? I'm questioning your lack of reading skills as you question his logic, which was painfully obvious. Why did you bother to make a time scheadule regarding your dull life? I never requested one.

I don't "think" i'm entitled to anything. I'm saying that people call them neckbeards and no-lifers because they mow down 24 hour accomplishments in 24 hours straight, which is a sign of several depressing facts.

In fact, i don't even know how you relate my post to the shit and jibberish i quoted from you which you've written. I'm only stressing that it usually takes a few days to chump down 24 hours into a character for normal people, not 1 day.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Jul 28, 2014, 9:53:43 AM
"
In fact, i don't even know how you relate my post to the shit and jibberish i quoted from you which you've written. I'm only stressing that it usually takes a few days to chump down 24 hours into a character for normal people, not 1 day.

I obviously created the time table to show that you dont have a reason to not spend the required time in a handful of days. If you decide to do other stuff thats fine. But complaining about it makes you look as retarded as a fat person who spends 10 hours per day sitting on his couch and then complains that he has no time to go to the gym.

The question still stands: Why is the fact that other people spend their freetime differently relevant to the topic? Unless progress is capped a person who plays 10 hours a day will always accomplish more, meaning: As soon as we increase the level speed by 500% youre going to start whining that youre sick of running map, being level 100 but still not finding any loot. So unless the game is adjusted to suit clowns like you the tears will never stop flowing.

Besides, you dont even know what the term neckbeard stands for. I can play 60 hours straight and still not be one. All your posts build up on subjective bullshit, nothing else.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 28, 2014, 10:08:42 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
"

I obviously created the time table to show that you dont have a reason to not spend the required time in a handful of days. If you decide to do other stuff thats fine. But complaining about it makes you look as retarded as a fat person who spends 10 hours per day sitting on his couch and then complains that he has no time to go to the gym.

The question still stands: Why is the fact that other people spend their freetime differently relevant to the topic? Unless progress is capped a person who plays 10 hours a day will always accomplish more, meaning: As soon as we increase the level speed by 500% youre going to start whining that youre sick of running map, being level 100 but still not finding any loot. So unless the game is adjusted to suit clowns like you the tears will never stop flowing.

Besides, you dont even know what the term neckbeard stands for. I can play 60 hours straight and still not be one. All your posts build up on subjective bullshit, nothing else.

I've never said that the logic doesn't add up - More time and more effort put into something will always yield more result. If you read from my 1st post and onward, you'll notice that i'm not even discussing the matter. I've only focused on your lack of understanding when it comes to other people calling folks nekcbeards and no-lifers, and how you did not grasp the obvious. :) Not saying you're wrong in general.

And it's not subjective at all, rofl. Your opinion is subjective, mine is reflecting "the 95%"
"
mine is reflecting "the 95%"

Well, then I guess Justin Bieber is the pinnacle of music, the avengers of film making and Call of Duty of FPS.

neckbeard
1. (n) Facial hair that does not exist on the face, but instead on the neck. Almost never well groomed.
2. (n) Derogatory term for slovenly nerdy people who have no sense of hygene or grooming. Often related to hobbies such as card gaming, video gaming, anime, et. al.

From now on, please do everybody the favor and google the definition of the words youre using since you seem to lack basic knowledge. Guess you will also refer to a bad player as noob.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 28, 2014, 11:02:00 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
"
mine is reflecting "the 95%"

Well, then I guess Justin Bieber is the pinnacle of music, the avengers of film making and Call of Duty of FPS.

neckbeard
1. (n) Facial hair that does not exist on the face, but instead on the neck. Almost never well groomed.
2. (n) Derogatory term for slovenly nerdy people who have no sense of hygene or grooming. Often related to hobbies such as card gaming, video gaming, anime, et. al.

From now on, please do everybody the favor and google the definition of the words youre using since you seem to lack basic knowledge. Guess you will also refer to a bad player as noob.

We're discussing nerd-terms in general and what they're ACTUALLY used for, not music or anything else. If you feel that Bieber-fever is the right thing, it's on your table.
You can jump to conclusions elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info