Boost global XP by 100%

"
Taganov wrote:
Full doubling XP is a little much, especially considering the game isn't done. I wouldn't be sad to see the XP penalty drop by 50% though.

Isn't this pretty much the same?

(XP gain * 2) / Penalty = XP gain / (Penalty * 0.5)

@OP

You're not supposed to have an easy time getting past Level 80-90 (the barrier starts at different points for different players).
This is annoying for some players (no feeling of "progression"), but it is joyful for others (prolonging the game by a huge amount of time).

Since you are not required to reach Level 100 (there's not even an achievement), I'd suggest to level a new character or play a new game once you feel there's little to no progress to be made any more.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jul 26, 2014, 6:20:49 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Taganov wrote:
Full doubling XP is a little much, especially considering the game isn't done. I wouldn't be sad to see the XP penalty drop by 50% though.

No, doubling xp gain would make leveling in same level areas as you are 2x faster. Reducing penalty would make leveling faster when you reach 80+ but till that it would be pretty much the same.

Also, Pokemon fucking rocks.

Don't like the EV training part etc?..
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Taganov wrote:

No, doubling xp gain would make leveling in same level areas as you are 2x faster. Reducing penalty would make leveling faster when you reach 80+ but till that it would be pretty much the same.

Thought we were speaking about Levels 80+ as this is a level you can easily reach with a selffound map pool. It's pretty obvious that the equation isn't true when there's no penalty involved. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jul 26, 2014, 6:23:02 AM
D3 is that you?
#NeverGoing90
I hate grinding and farming

experience gain does need a LARGE boosts and there's too much rng, pretty much impossible to get what you want, you just hope you get lucky and do with what you have
Last edited by Coal48 on Jul 26, 2014, 6:34:12 PM
"
Coal48 wrote:

Why on earth are you playing this game then?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Taganov wrote:

I wish they would just get the next act with higher level XP content out.
What makes you think Act 4 will include higher level content? When they added the rest of act 3 (after Piety), I think they might have added 1 extra to area level. I think Lunaris 3 was 67 or 68, and that's what Upper Sceptre is now. Why wouldn't they just make the last area of Act 4 Merciless level 68 and just adjust all the areas before that accordingly?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Taganov wrote:

I wish they would just get the next act with higher level XP content out.
What makes you think Act 4 will include higher level content? When they added the rest of act 3 (after Piety), I think they might have added 1 extra to area level. I think Lunaris 3 was 67 or 68, and that's what Upper Sceptre is now. Why wouldn't they just make the last area of Act 4 Merciless level 68 and just adjust all the areas before that accordingly?

Well, you're comparing the XP of different areas of the same act. Act 4 would be an entirely new Act. Since Act 3 has higher XP areas than 2, and 2 than 1, I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume 4 will have higher areas than 3.
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Coal48 wrote:

Why on earth are you playing this game then?

I also hate farming. Tried it sometimes, when I felt a need of more alterations or while hunting a white rhoa for an hour or two.
These were the most boring hours in poe ever. What's the point in repetitive runs without any challenge, just running through, picking up a few pieces and back to a new instance...

If you want to be on top of the list, there is no other way. Every game has something extremely difficult that you can't do with "normal play". To make it to the very top, you have to grind/craft/trade for cool items.

I want to play a challenging game. I want to slay monsters who are actually a threat. Now, be surprised: I can do that in POE, because I don't yet hit a wall when I couldn't advance anymore (only problem is probably a bossfight (esp. Dominus) but in that case, you might get help if you want). My highest Char is lvl 72, cannot do more within 4 months.

Some people play an average of 15 minutes a day, some have 15 hours a day.
It's simply impossible to balance around these extremes.
imo, XP increases don't help here, it only shifts the problem. Casual players have to stop comparing themselves with top players.

My basic point here: GGG, please don't gate new content behind high level requirement!

You've done it with Atziri and it's ok as something you can look at, as a special challenge.
But, everything you'll add after Dominus (merciless) will be lost for me because I'll not be able to get there. Quite simple and quite difficult for Devs ;)

Question: What's the percentage of accounts with Chars >70? (or with unfinished last quest, Dominus)
Percentage per league? (To exclude zombie-accounts: count accs with chars between 10 and 70, relative to 10-100)

I'd really like to know how many people actually are bored by the easy content and just rush to maps (read that in the forum). If all the complain about not getting high lvl maps to advance... if that is an issue for 20% of all players or maybe only 2%.
Some statistic would be really nice.

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
I do agree, going from Act1 Normal to about act 3 cruel is a snore fest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info