Boost global XP by 100%

"
Taganov wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:

Besides, people are getting to maps within 24 hours and mid-90's in 1 week races. How much faster do you want?

No lifers, neckbearders and streamers are not norms to benchmark anything against.

What exactly does that have to do with the topic?

24 hours is a fixed amount of time. If you cant play more than 4 hours a day then reaching end game should take you 6 days, thats about it.

Besides: Can someone explain to me why people still use these retarded terms on gaming forums? What exactly is the thought process here? You insult people for playing the same game you play, but because they play it more? Seems rather illogical to me.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 27, 2014, 5:54:15 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why on earth are you playing this game then?

Because the loot arpg genre as elements that I really love, that cannot be found on any other rpg, I am still baffled to this day has to why it revolves around grinding and farming as I believe those two elements are completely detrimental to it.

I've played games like Final Fantasy, Castlevania, System Shock, they are all great but none of them have the elements I love of the loot arpg genre.

So if you can name me any game that has the following features while at the same time not revolving around grinds and farms, then please tell me what I've been missing my entire life

-random area layouts, enemies (type, location, attributes), items*
-deep item system where equipment possesses several attributes
-deep character customization that involves experimentation with different 'builds'
-straightforward, linear gameplay**

*random item drops are pretty standard in a lot of games but only in the loot arpg that it is a main focus
**linear games are also pretty standard but it's the combination of all the elements mentioned above that makes it special

So where is it written that it's necessary to have an 'endgame', that the maximum level must not be reached when finishing the 'maingame?', that you cannot truly customize your equipment like your character and that there must be too many variables out of your control, making it impossible to obtain exactly what you want

and finally PoE takes from a genre that I absolutely hate, the MMO one, having an economy, difficulty based on partying, drops based on trading, no god damn offline mode to prevent multiplayer cheating

So yeah, that's why I play PoE and D3, a love/hate relationship
+1 under exp boost
"
nynyny wrote:
"
Taganov wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:

Besides, people are getting to maps within 24 hours and mid-90's in 1 week races. How much faster do you want?

No lifers, neckbearders and streamers are not norms to benchmark anything against.

What exactly does that have to do with the topic?

24 hours is a fixed amount of time. If you cant play more than 4 hours a day then reaching end game should take you 6 days, thats about it.

Besides: Can someone explain to me why people still use these retarded terms on gaming forums? What exactly is the thought process here? You insult people for playing the same game you play, but because they play it more? Seems rather illogical to me.

1. The point of not using no-lifers/neckbearders/streamers as a benchmark is that they aren't normal. They constitute a group with far more time to dedicate to the game. Establishing norms based on outliers makes no sense. I mean, can you do a 100m butterfly in a minute? Because Olympic athletes do it all the time.

2. I'll take it you're a no-lifer/neckbearder then :). No need to get offended; as someone who had a prolonged time in that category, as well as a number of friends who still are in that category I think the terms are accurate. If you think they're pejorative, I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish I had the time to no-life/neckbeard games again.

"
Taganov wrote:

1. The point of not using no-lifers/neckbearders/streamers as a benchmark is that they aren't normal. They constitute a group with far more time to dedicate to the game. Establishing norms based on outliers makes no sense. I mean, can you do a 100m butterfly in a minute? Because Olympic athletes do it all the time.

2. I'll take it you're a no-lifer/neckbearder then :). No need to get offended; as someone who had a prolonged time in that category, as well as a number of friends who still are in that category I think the terms are accurate. If you think they're pejorative, I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish I had the time to no-life/neckbeard games again.

I am studying for 2 degrees while having a 20 hours part time job on top of that. Try to bullshit your way out of this how much you like, [Removed by Support]

The funny thing is that nothing of that [Removed by Support] post of yours has anything to do with the point. Someone else pointed out that people manage to get to maps within 24 hours, to which you responded by insulting them. The essence of the post was to show that they are fast. So assuming that you can play vidya 4 hours a day on average you should still make it there in, well who would have thought, 6 days ergo 24 hours. If you need longer, then that has nothing to do with how much you play the game on a daily basis. To put it simple: It has something to do with your ability to level quickly.

You not being able to reach maps in 24 hours is something you cant do [Removed by Support]. And personally I feel that 24 hours is a pretty tiny time investment. This game was created for people who are fine with slow progress. And while I am still studying I am already able/willing to spend more money on this game than you are. Guess whos the more valuable customer here? The people who bitch about the process being slow, which often are the ones who take F2P literally, or the people who have followed the game for quite a while?
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Jul 28, 2014, 5:10:24 AM
"
nynyny wrote:

1. Yes, but the neckbeards and no-lifers mow down that amount of time withing 24 hours, while us normal people that actually go outside, work, study and spend time with other human beings in person have to split the fixed 24 hour time period into smaller pieces. How can you not grasp what he means with that?
2. Because they're not retarded terms, and you can be a gamer, or you can be a neckbeard gamer that plays for 20 hours straight, which is bad for many obvious reasons which shouldn't even have to be explained. It's not illogical. Everyone eats food (We all play PoE) but we don't eat 20 kg food per day (play for 20 hours straight/day).

Edit; I saw your boost-post above, and if you're "studying for 2 degrees" etc. and still have to be spoon-fed logic and common sense i'm starting to question a thing or two.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Jul 27, 2014, 7:55:42 PM
"
some people take this game very seriously, or at least devote a large amount of time to it. i myself have played a literal fuck ton.

would u consider this huge boost to xp would invalidate work put in by the above mentioned players.

so for example-- player x - spends huge amounts of his time to reach lvl 90-100

next week ggg announces huge xp boost

player x - rips all his pubic hair out and probably murders whole family.

this is a bad idea.

this game was made for hardcore gamers, casuals just have to grin and bear the experience.

This is why the game needs an exp boost, if a game is so fucking bad that it literally causes you to rip all your pubes out and murder your entire family when they finally decide to make it good, then you're just proving the god damn fact that this thread has earned my

+1

Everyone would benefit positively from something like this.

Hardcore Gamer =/= Innate Masochist w/homicidal fuse.
Hardcore Gamer = Weak-Ass Argument (IN ALL CASES.)
Last edited by Do_odle on Jul 27, 2014, 8:33:06 PM
"
Taganov wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Taganov wrote:

I wish they would just get the next act with higher level XP content out.
What makes you think Act 4 will include higher level content? When they added the rest of act 3 (after Piety), I think they might have added 1 extra to area level. I think Lunaris 3 was 67 or 68, and that's what Upper Sceptre is now. Why wouldn't they just make the last area of Act 4 Merciless level 68 and just adjust all the areas before that accordingly?

Well, you're comparing the XP of different areas of the same act. Act 4 would be an entirely new Act. Since Act 3 has higher XP areas than 2, and 2 than 1, I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume 4 will have higher areas than 3.

the introduction of act 3 didn't increase the level of the highest area but removed a whole difficulty instead, all areal levels got adjusted to it.

same will be with the introduction of act 4. one of ggg's basic rules is to never invalidate a players efforts, your endgame gear stays endgame forever and your highend char stays high end forever as well. chris describes this as "expanding sideways".

small exceptions from this rules are possible though, so they're not entirely set in stone. the next mini expansion probably will change some things, just listen to the last state of exile podcast for more info.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
nynyny wrote:
I am studying for 2 degrees while having a 20 hours part time job on top of that. Try to bullshit your way out of this how much you like, [Removed by Support]

You can take my response however you'd like.

"
nynyny wrote:
The funny thing is that nothing of that [Removed by Support] post of yours has anything to do with the point. Someone else pointed out that people manage to get to maps within 24 hours, to which you responded by insulting them. The essence of the post was to show that they are fast. So assuming that you can play vidya 4 hours a day on average you should still make it there in, well who would have thought, 6 days ergo 24 hours. If you need longer, then that has nothing to do with how much you play the game on a daily basis. To put it simple: It has something to do with your ability to level quickly.

I understand you're offended, so I can look past the ad hominem in your posts. What's inexcusable is your sloppy argumentation and reading comprehension.

What someone else pointed out was that people get to maps in 24 hours and mid 90s in one week races. Go back and read it. Now consider the entire statement, as I did, and not just what's convenient to you before posting. Even within the context of 1 week races, not everyone gets to maps in a day, and certainly not everyone is mid 90s by the end. That notwithstanding, the poster still thought that XP gains are just fine, fast even, based on the performance of racers. As I have pointed out before, racers are not the norm, and since the question is whether or not XP should be boosted globally, then our examination of player progress certainly shouldn't be based solely on racers. This is extremely basic, but you're so caught up in your righteous outrage over me saying no-lifer/neckbearder that you don't want to see it.

Last edited by Dan_GGG on Jul 28, 2014, 5:11:18 AM
XP gain is pretty smooth while progressing. At higher levels it remains smooth if you progress through the map system. I played in the new league and not once did I stop to grind XP till I reached act 3 merciless. In HC this will be different though(need to play it safer).

It gets significantly slower at 88. Alternate endgames/more maps would be nice for that stage but that's about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info