Act 4 Data Mining

"
ChuanHsing wrote:
Spoiler
The time has come to crawl up the bowels of this Nightmare and rip out its corrupted heart, not-a-cockroach!

Sekhema Oyun will help us. Go hob nob with the Maraketh matriarch. Chop chop now. There's a cavernous, cadaverous darkness down in that mountain and it's reeking with impatience to meet you.

Spoiler
The Rapture is our hope, my precious Unbug. Our desperation. With it we shall pluck the naughty nightmares from the scalp of reality and burst them between thumb and finger.

The seed of cataclysm. We planted it, Malachai and I.

My selfish self did not allow it to grow. A stunted sapling of tree meant to cast its cooling shade across the whole world.

I am sorry, my love, my Malachai.

Go to it, Not-a-cockroach. Make me sorry no more.

Spoiler

The Rapture and I, we're such dear old friends. Mutually rapt we are. Wrapped in rapturous reciprocities.

Had I embraced the Rapture as I was asked by my Malachai, the Beast would be dead, the world alive. Instead, my selfish act left the Beast to laugh and the world to cry.

Not this time.

Yet now my Rapture will not arise, not without its breakfast! It's eyeball soup! The Eye of Fury and the Eye of Desire, those are the pretty gems we need. But where to have a look-see for these stoney seers?

Kaom, the king of slaughter, butcher of the south. I can smell his suffering, too near for comfort. Fury is all he knows, so Fury he will have. And Daresso, King of Swords. Damned by love. Aren't we all? He's down here too. Harbouring Desire in his steel-shod heart.

Go on, not-a-cockroach. Bring me the crown jewels so that we might wake the Rapture and put an end to this Nightmare.

Well this DOES sound like some half-insane gibberish that Dialla would spew out. If this datamine is true then act 4 will contain a fight with Daresso and Kaom itself. :O The culminating fight with whatever force was unleashed with the Cataclysm. The whole act structure (mountains, mines etc) sounds like a descent into darkness. Looking forward if the info is true.
There's lots of fun speculation here... that it's even related to act IV is a bold assumption. These could very well be areas added for the expansion.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There's lots of fun speculation here... that it's even related to act IV is a bold assumption. These could very well be areas added for the expansion.

Doubt it. Chris mentioned that Kaom will not be present in the August x-pack.
"
Sig556 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

He doesn't have to be there to have an area named after him.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
GGG is pretty tight lipped today. Must be circling the wagons.
"
Malone wrote:
GGG already confirmed that Act 4 was post merciless only.

First time I hear something like this, and it doesn't make any sense. Can you post link to where GGG said anything similar to this?

The only thing GGG said is they will be removing difficulty after they add more acts. There where never talks that they will be limiting new acts to last dif.
If this info is real, those areas and this lore sounds pretty awesome... This makes me pumped to play it!
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
My panties are wet...
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
"
mucker wrote:
"
Sig556 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

He doesn't have to be there to have an area named after him.

If you take this supposedly Dialla's dialogue into account:

"
Kaom, the king of slaughter, butcher of the south. I can smell his suffering, too near for comfort. Fury is all he knows, so Fury he will have. And Daresso, King of Swords. Damned by love. Aren't we all? He's down here too. Harbouring Desire in his steel-shod heart.

She mentions them directly in person. She also says that you need McGuffins from those two before engaging the big baddy. The latters descriptions however directly reference to the Rapture device that was towed to Highgate mountain mines and what has been long rumored to be the place where Act 4 is going to be.
As for the area numbers: The game has 67 "content" areas ATM, counting towns. So it's likely just continuing the sequence, and not connected to area level.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Last edited by Thyrandor on Jul 25, 2014, 3:15:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info