Act 4 Data Mining

"
carkasjak wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
RIP Alpha and Garena Testers

Alpha doesn't even have access to 1.2 content yet. And I'm pretty sure the alpha members wouldn't leak stuff anyway.

True, I got carried away with anticipation. Though I'm still not sure about the extent of privileges the Garena testers have.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
carkasjak wrote:
And I'm pretty sure the alpha members wouldn't leak stuff anyway.

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If true, this is a pretty significant leak.

Mmmm... seems a bit early for act 4, didn't GGG say that act 4 wasn't going to be the next 4 month league?
If this is true, Chris must be having quite a fit right now.

At least his baldness would make him look more intimidating.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
Areas
[68] Highgate (Town)
[69] The Grantori Vitalus
[70] The Dried Lake
[71] The Highgate Mines 1
[72] The Highgate Mines 2
[73] The Highgate Mines 3
[74] Kaom's Kingdom 1
[75] Kaom's Kingdom 2
[76] Kaom's Kingdom 3
[77] Daresso's Realm 1
[78] Daresso's Realm 2
[79] The Belly of the Beast 1
[80] The Belly of the Beast 2
[81] The Harvest
[82] The Black Core

Quests
The Nightmare
The Red Banner and The Brittle Emperor
Fury
Desire
Piety's Corruption

from reasonable source.

Pure speculation (like most of this thread), but I'd guess that if those are area levels it's for testing purposes only. Especially when combined with OP's statement that Act 4 will be in Merciless only--it's a lot easier to set up zones for testing by tacking them onto the end of existing content than going through the whole level rebalancing process before most of the rest is set in stone.

First of all, I'm highly suspicious of the notion that a new act would be in the last difficulty only. GGG knows that a very small percentage of players make it to the end of Merciless; I can't imagine that they'd center the vast majority of new content on those kinds of players. One or two grand experiences for the uber-minority (Atziri) is one thing, and SotV still had a fair bit of new lower-level content. The entirety of Act 4 gated at that kind of level? Not happening.

Given that, I think it's entirely reasonable for them to set it up as an "addendum" to the existing game for testing purpose, which could indeed yield the levels as listed. That said, those numbers *don't* make sense at all if Act 4 is added to all difficulties--whether there are two or three is mostly irrelevant, although I'll be surprised if they leave Merciless in the game at all. Which is another reason that I mistrust the statement that "Act 4 is in Merciless only"; it may well be true in the current state of the data, but that doesn't imply it will be true when the expansion is released.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
GGG already confirmed that Act 4 was post merciless only.
IGN TylordRampage
Its also worth pointing out that in the current game, areas don't go up one level per zone. That would be ridiculously unbalanced.

Carry on.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Mmmm... seems a bit early for act 4, didn't GGG say that act 4 wasn't going to be the next 4 month league?

Probably got patched in by accident, fairly certain we won't see act 4 til 2015.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
My money's on Act 4 being in the seasonal leagues after the next seasonal leagues. Or something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info