Act 4 Data Mining

bunch of pure bullshit that they banned you. keep posting on reddit.

I understand that they want to keep shit under wraps, but that's just dumb in this day and age.
They asked him to stop posting it and he didn't so the probation seems justified to me.

Though thanks for the leaks on reddit, ChuanHsing!
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Dec 16, 2014, 2:18:21 AM
"
Caliginosus wrote:
They asked him to stop posting it and he didn't so the probation seems justified to me.
Though I also apreciated the leakes. :)

I guess its their forums, but data mining is not illegal and anyone can do it. if you want super secret info to not be a spoiler, then *gasp* dont pack it until later on. yeah sure that means patch will be humongous, but you cant have cake and eat it too.
GGG I love you but you are being very silly. Don't ban someone for posting the contents of a file on their own hard drive. If you don't want us to know don't put it in the file.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
GGG I love you but you are being very silly. Don't ban someone for posting the contents of a file on their own hard drive. If you don't want us to know don't put it in the file.

It says he's "On Probation" to me. That just means they've removed his forum-posting privileges -- his game-playing privileges are unmolested.

"Banned" is a different thing entirely.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 16, 2014, 2:43:18 AM
Didn't realized he was previously warned. That changes everything. Justified then...
Apparently GGG has never heard of the Streisand effect.
The fact that he s put on probation means that the data is real.
In the future, read the client.txt in the game directory/logs for these spoilers.
"
You can try to clarify that, P, but it won't help.

This is one of those cases where the system needs to beat those who seek to (under)mine it to the punch. Obviously it all ties into the whole 'reddit is the way and the light; the official forum is dark and full of terrors' vibe that's been building ever since the playerbase came to see GGG as the enemy rather than the providers.

Let's see if GGG can be as flexible and adaptive as they expect their players to be.

GGG isnt the enemy. they just have to be more understanding of basic flow of information propagation on internet in 2014.

if you add resources that are considered 'spoilers' to your software, expect the plaintext data to be mined and posted on the internet.

and its really in GGGs interest that interested people can read the data here instead of elsewhere. because if people want something, they will get it (they should know this because of the trading system :)) so why not get it here ?

the other easy solution is simply delay the integration of act 4 resources till launch of act 4. this will probably result in 2+GB patch download (if not more) but that way no one will know the spoilers.

what theyre doing now is giving you a book with bunch of pages inserted from the next book in the series, that are sealed. and telling you that you can't try to read the sealed pages. even though...you have the book.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info