August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #1

theres a totem behind the hammer guy. And notice the red portal! oh and the dungeon
Drax? Is that...you? :)
Fighting specific unique monsters/bosses that appear infrequently in certain areas of some maps can yield their souls that infuses specific properties on soulstones that can be equipped on sockets for certain bonuses.
looks like a marauder sporting a new supporter pack skin with the portal to the side on the climb map
Domine Non Es Dignus
Pants are not illusion anymore. Look at that faboulous skirt thingy he is wearing.
I think the totem is casting an imperfect/alternate image of the marauder (red glow around the totem matches the glow around the casted image). The placement of the tattoos and the mark on the clavicle (connected by the yellow lines) are placed in exactly the same spots. The difference is the head and the right hand (circle in red). Both appear far more sinister.

Perhaps he allows access to another plane where you meet and / or confront your inner demons in the form of your mirror image.
From all i can tell of what's been shown and what i've seen of lore, i can only come to one conclusion so far. The picture shows someone wielding a hammer similar to the front page art around the countdown bar. There are seven people in that bit of art, and seven classes. My thoughts? The darkness that destroyed Sarn so long ago claimed quite a few strong people, what if it is coming back and is going to use the strong warriors it claimed to fight against the growing number of new people? Erqi, Daresso, Kaom, Victario, Malachi would be some of those who could end up being brought back for us to fight against. One warrior from the past for each class. This could all take place in an endgame map or a series of endgame maps or through secret side areas with a special super boss battle (ala Atziri) only being available after all seven warriors have been dispatched.
Ok,i am calling it,that totem behind the guy is kuduku.You messed on the ledge with him once,you find him on the climb to haunt you with warriors of the past.Who is the false god now,b…….

But in all seriousness,This might be a reflection of erqi,and the path to the left moght be the new way to approach prison,just some decorative purpose,as you can see clearly behind that,thw road continues on.

And yes,kuduku is reel.It doesnt get worshiped for nothing,you heard it here first folks
Bye bye desync!
"
From all i can tell of what's been shown and what i've seen of lore, i can only come to one conclusion so far. The picture shows someone wielding a hammer similar to the front page art around the countdown bar. There are seven people in that bit of art, and seven classes. My thoughts? The darkness that destroyed Sarn so long ago claimed quite a few strong people, what if it is coming back and is going to use the strong warriors it claimed to fight against the growing number of new people? Erqi, Daresso, Kaom, Victario, Malachi would be some of those who could end up being brought back for us to fight against. One warrior from the past for each class. This could all take place in an endgame map or a series of endgame maps or through secret side areas with a special super boss battle (ala Atziri) only being available after all seven warriors have been dispatched.

First: Kaom is not in the expansion, if Chris can be believed (likely).

Second: maybe, each one of the seven gives quests to each class. This would work like some kind of tutorial, but with the right subtlety.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"

My only problem with your theory is that Kaom doesn't use a hammer but an axe. Maybe players corrupted by vaal gems or beaten by atziri and turned evil or something.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info