August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #1

"
Pixelite wrote:
Map cuts off on the bottom right above the exp bar, to the left of the skills.

Just saying.

It's probably from UI photoshopping

"
Chris wrote:
While this type of stuff may change, there are two things to note about these pre-release teaser screenshots:

a) They're often taken with wacky balance values that are tested but don't make it into the final version.
b) They are often taken using experimental UI changes that we have to photoshop back to the old UI. This could have happened for this picture - I haven't checked into whether the mana reserved is correct in it.
For all those people calling it a Marohi:

The thing is yellow, Marohi is red. The shape is the same, but the color is wrong.
OMG! New character class confirmed... and you pick the starting point from any class!
IGN: Sin
I really hope this is a way to bring regular pvp to the game through factions. Maybe cuthroat-like league with more limited rules on invading another player's game?
I'm thinking mercenaries also. Made me think of the Ranger in D2 you got after doing a quest. These might be a lot more powerful and you can outfit them with full gear.
"
Trivelar wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
AngelOfHell wrote:
Im calling it, that guy in the picture and on the website is kaom.

Interesting but, according to the in game story lore Kaoms has died long ago.

True ... But he has a Marohi Erqi ... He could be Erqi!!!

Chris already confirmed on reddit that Kaom does not appear in this expansion.

Spoiler
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2bjw8q/new_website_background/ [–]chris_wilsonLead Developer 55 points 1 day ago
I want to be really clear that Kaom isn't in this expansion. It might be a little confusing because he's in the comic which is getting released next week, but he's definitely not in the August expansion.
so its kinda like a random pvp realm that you can enter, or not, and gain pvp points that unlock rewards based on your pvp results vs a random opponent/npc/human?

or

a single quest (after defeating dominus in each difficulty) that you can complete that is guaranteed a unique drop that unlocks once you find/finish all the side quests with these npcs, and can only be done once per character, per difficulty and has to be done solo?

or

the cataclysm is upon sarn, malachai and his army of elite exiles wait in the realm that can be rolled (just like ambush boxes, but also with map affixes) that will dictate how much loot you get per realm

or

we killed atziri for malachai, and now he wants to give us gifts, and when we gather all these gifts, we kill off his elite army to show our loyalty, but then he summons icius to kick our brains in as he runs off into act 4
Last edited by iwantcoupons on Jul 24, 2014, 11:06:28 PM
"
BARL wrote:

Chris already confirmed on reddit that Kaom does not appear in this expansion.

Spoiler
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2bjw8q/new_website_background/ [–]chris_wilsonLead Developer 55 points 1 day ago
I want to be really clear that Kaom isn't in this expansion. It might be a little confusing because he's in the comic which is getting released next week, but he's definitely not in the August expansion.

So sad, although maybe it's for the best. I feel like a Kaom battle should be something truly epic and with a lot of build up, like a new act dedicated to him.

"
iwantcoupons wrote:
so its kinda like a random pvp realm that you can enter, or not, and gain pvp points that unlock rewards based on your pvp results vs a random opponent/npc/human?

or

a single quest (after defeating dominus in each difficulty) that you can complete that is guaranteed a unique drop that unlocks once you find/finish all the side quests with these npcs, and can only be done once per character, per difficulty and has to be done solo?

or

the cataclysm is upon sarn, malachai and his army of elite exiles wait in the realm that can be rolled (just like ambush boxes, but also with map affixes) that will dictate how much loot you get per realm

or

we killed atziri for malachai, and now he wants to give us gifts, and when we gather all these gifts, we kill off his elite army to show our loyalty, but then he summons icius to kick our brains in as he runs off into act 4

or

Mercenaries!
There's a lot of speculation surrounding alternate genders, so my guess is that bald dude is the doctor that's gonna hammer the duelist's junk and turn it into the girl he always wanted to be.
Last edited by tagpt on Jul 24, 2014, 11:13:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info