poll: the "like to trade" vs the "forced to trade"

Forced to trade. It's too tiresome, stressful and time consuming.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Look me in the eyes of my avatar and tell me that you did not find more loot with strongboxes than you would have found in the normal game and that they are not a step in the right direction.

I think that the popularity of ambush and the positive feedback about its drops will influence GGG in the decision making of further buffs to droprates.

Now, about atziri, what if i told you that i made 20ex worth of currency in less than a week just by sellling midnight sets. The rng is not that high as you imagine in those midnight drops.

Rest assured that, in the next league, i will be running
these sets myself. Even if i'll have to conform to an aura build. I did not want to do that in invasion. Cleave is still my poison.

Edit: Correct me if i am wrong , since i played ambush only till lvl 40, but i remember that strongboxes can spawn as rare unid ones. I also remember that most of them were transmute and ready. I think i only rolled arcanist and gemmcutters and that with alts, which are easy to farm.

As far as i remember Ambush i thought than the box were really fun and it's certainly a step in a direction i like. The RNG on the affixe are all in fun and that's good for me even for maps.

You're saying that you're doing 20ex worth of currency in selling midnight set.. i've played regularly in Ambush.. like a lot, and i've found 1 midnight part so far in hundred of run.

So you've got the RNG god with you on this at the very least.

And.. it's trading.. yeah.. you made trading. You like it and it's good for you but i want to find more stuff on the ground that in a market, it's way more rewarding fun even if it's not a perfect stuff the RNG god would put in my basket.

I'm playing to kill stuff not to buy stuff.. but i've to do it since i don't have the benediction of RNG god and i hate it.

PS: yeah, box can spawn as rare and it can be really interesting and it's kind of dangerous sometime which make it even better.. as for the "easy to farm".. lol you're fat on the RNG there.

Edit: i must admit that i don't play much actually.. not 3 or 4 day after the beginning of the one month league.. i just don't feel like it.
Last edited by rarylith on Jul 26, 2014, 6:07:16 PM
So far 68% say GGG profit from RMT.
You know what?

I was forced today to try and get a few exalts on SC to trade them for an alt art item in HC.

FUCK the SC trading. I can see why you guys are so frustrated with it. The trade chat there gives me aids just thinking about it.

Trading in the HC leagues is many times better, chat is manageable even if somewhat dead at times and people are a lot more polite when dealing with one another.

I think when I switched to HC the difference in how people trade was one of the big factors that made me want to stick to HC even though somewhat sucked at it :P

ps. I know that trading is easier if you make a shop etc etc but thats only if you have items for sale. No one visits the WTB section of the forum
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Jul 26, 2014, 6:53:00 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
this discussion is addressed at the traders. those who "play economy" in various degrees.

1) a "likes to trade" player, is essentially one who's here for the trade more than anything else. thrives on the thrill of obtaining and selling expensive items, even if they are rarely put to actual use. hoards orbs as currency for the purpose of "getting rich", primarily.

2) a "forced to trade" player, is one who trades for a purpose: gear. things that will be used, and are needed. "getting rich" means less for this kind of player, than being able to afford having powerful characters he/she can slay monsters with, and be proud of.

so, are you a "likes to trade" or a "forced to trade"?
explain.

once this poll gets a good amount of answers, I'll explain its purpose and why I chose to call player type (2) a "forced to trade".

John Keys, #1 troll.

VI
Back when I was in high school I traded my ass off in D3. That was the end game after 2000 hrs. Had tippy top gear too I sold for $2500 once they announced BoA was comming at Blizzcon. Now? I know how but don't care for it because free time precious between work and friends and dislike wasting time for trinkets. If I had all the free time I used to and I understood all the builds (thus values) I could see getting into it. I mean after you played for awhile trading is a infinite end game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 26, 2014, 10:32:46 PM
Well, yes obviously this isn't the first ARPG I've played, but I'm kinda soured of other recent ARPGs and the least I can say about PoE is that I still have fun, I wouldn't be playing this game if I wasn't.

You're right - everything is rolling the dice. Even when you kill normal Hillock for the first time, there is a chance to drop rares that can boost you through earlier levels or whites that are perfectly useless for you and you have to rely on your driftwood wand.

You can tell that it is so when you look at the Quest Rewards - they even give unID items that coul be utter shit/worth 10 exalts.

No guarantees in this game. I'll tell you however the only guarantee I have - trade. I could drop a Shavs, woo - don't have to trade. Don't drop a shavs? Meh, trade. Kinda got used to that a while back because I can quite comfortably work towards things - I expect the worst and expect to trade up the way. Any drops is just a bonus.

The only realistic way to progress in this game is expect all you'll get is vendor trash and progress the only way you can that has guarantees. Expecting good stuff to drop for you is a futile quest in this game. Anything else is just a bonus.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 26, 2014, 10:50:44 PM
I enjoy buying some odd, specialized unique, so a specific and fun build design I have can work.

I passionately hate fucking around with gearing my belts and stuff just so I walk into merciless ebony barracks without getting killed by 6 arc mages from off screen. Buying some specific cloth belt, because trying to craft one with 30%+ lightning resist would be stupid, is a pain. Tossing 30 jewelers onto an item you need to progress, and still not getting a 4s, knowing you could have used them to buy a better item, is absolutely miserable.

Basically, I hate crafting more than I hate trading. My dislike for trading is only there because being forced to trade in order to progress, is awful.

Another element of that is just that the facilities for trade in PoE are miserable, which makes finding non-unique items (and even some uniques) laborious at best, and agonizing at worst.
I don't know if trade is really the issue, but I haven't ever built a strong character. Trading is a hassle that I won't do. Farming gear seems like an endless grind... perhaps its a matter of putting in enough time. Whatever the reason I don't give this game much time or thought anymore because endgame gear progression sucks and the only way I see significant improvements to character power happening is though trading or extraordinary luck. Manually trading and searching for items is not worth my time, so this game will get maybe 20 hours of my time for every new ladder at most. Meanwhile Ill put 90% of my time into d3(the newest iteration at least) over PoE. I am not really complaining, PoE is an excellent game, but this is the reality for me as things are now.

"
rarylith wrote:

As far as i remember Ambush i thought than the box were really fun and it's certainly a step in a direction i like. The RNG on the affixe are all in fun and that's good for me even for maps.

You're saying that you're doing 20ex worth of currency in selling midnight set.. i've played regularly in Ambush.. like a lot, and i've found 1 midnight part so far in hundred of run.

So you've got the RNG god with you on this at the very least.

And.. it's trading.. yeah.. you made trading. You like it and it's good for you but i want to find more stuff on the ground that in a market, it's way more rewarding fun even if it's not a perfect stuff the RNG god would put in my basket.

I'm playing to kill stuff not to buy stuff.. but i've to do it since i don't have the benediction of RNG god and i hate it.

PS: yeah, box can spawn as rare and it can be really interesting and it's kind of dangerous sometime which make it even better.. as for the "easy to farm".. lol you're fat on the RNG there.

Edit: i must admit that i don't play much actually.. not 3 or 4 day after the beginning of the one month league.. i just don't feel like it.

I was running low rarity fragments on the lab and i did each run in less than 5 minutes, but i doubt your character can do that. As far as farming alts is concernedry merciless act bosses and sell the rares they drop.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jul 27, 2014, 3:24:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info