poll: the "like to trade" vs the "forced to trade"

I hate the fact that crafting is not viable beyond some point, unless the market has nothing to give. I'm really individualistic, and the orbs fucking troll me when they are inefficient.

I don't hate trading, and I feel it's really good if you are searching for uniques.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Duece. I'll sell cheap and overpay if it gets me the items I want. Then I just give the shit away at the end of the league.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 24, 2014, 2:47:33 PM
It´s nice you can acquire, for a fair coin, your basic needs like skills and such or your first MF starting equip without the need to choke on the rng machine or are able to sell those things for a fast coin. It´s also nice that you can trade, exchange crafting orbs.

Than again i heavily dislike that the game must be balanced around the hardcore trading possibilities. With balance i mean general crafting, crafting-orb drops, the amount and effectiveness of crafting recipes.

But in the end trading serves one purpose for me that is enjoying the game, items, crafting, slaying monsters. So count me as Type 2)
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
Your poll is way too binary. I would consider that I like to trade, however I'm surely not here for trade more than anything else (I just quote your definition). And I don't feel forced to trade at all. So I can't answer your poll.

I often see that binary mindset about trading on these forums : if you're not using your own loots only, then you play path of economics/ trading simulator/ lioneye's watch sitting 24/7. Yeah sure.

I'm actually happy to see an honest response from a player closer to type (1).

so, how would you define and describe your approach to trade?

My approach to trading is surely not close to what your guy-type (1) says, which I imagine would spend a lot of time trading. In a few words : 1/ I make a shop with stuffs I consider decent, and I try to sell those thanks to forums and indexers (no chat spam) ; 2/ I search and buy the pieces of gear I didn't find myself to complete my character. Number 2/ is usually a oneshot thing (who needs to buy upgrades on a daily basis ?), and number 1/ takes maybe 30 seconds every now and then. I'm pretty sure a lot of people that use trading without feeling "forced" to do it use it in the same way, and are not flippers/lioeneye's sitters.

Apart from the time consuming thing, I would consider trading as a part of the game that I would surely not choose before monsters slaying (who would seriously ?), but I don't mind trading at all, and sometimes I can enjoy it.
In my opinion (but it's only my opinion), I have no problem looting "item A" and finding it cool that I can finally sell it for around X orbs and buy "item B" that would make my build 100% efficient. For me, it's almost as good as if I had looted item B in the first place, when other people would think it's retarded.
Chris said something similar several times : finding items that could be good for others is also fun, and they made PoE with that mindset. I can easily understand that not everybody would agree with this when they speak about ARPG's, but when they provide feedback about PoE they should keep in mind that when it comes to such core components of a game (here : considering finding things for others and then trading as fun), we are more speaking of personal preferences ("I prefer this over that") than game design improvements ("Trading is bad for the game, remove it and it would be better").
IGN : @Morgoth
so you define yourself as a mix of the two, Morgoth2356?

and suppose neither type had a name attached. no "forced" or "like".
would you say you are closer to type "1" or type "2"?

because reading your description, I'd say you're more of a type "2".
unless I misunderstood.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I don't enjoy trading but I don't feel forced to either. I trade when I want a specific unique or specific stats for a functional build. I further trade when I'm at a high enough level to care about perfecting my character.

Trading takes me 5 minutes of looking things up and sending PMs before I go back to killing monsters. Usually don't care about trading till around level 75.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 24, 2014, 3:13:08 PM
"
kasub wrote:
I don't enjoy trading but I don't feel forced to either. I trade when I want a specific unique or specific stats for a functional build. I further trade when I'm at a high enough level to care about perfecting my character.

Trading takes me 5 minutes of looking things up and sending PMs before I go back to killing monsters. Usually don't care about trading till around level 75.

so, again: trade to get rich, or trade to kill monsters better?
enjoy using orbs and items, or just owning them?

------------------------

the aim of this poll has been pretty obvious from the start, and I never had any intention to hide it:

even people who claim they "enjoy" trade, do it mostly for the ARPG aspect of creating a powerful character that can mow down monsters better and feel more engaging to play, compared to their previous one.
point proven, and directed right at the office in Auckland.

having a system that follows the design guidelines of risk/reward, achieves this without forcing anyone to trade, while potentially still keeping trade as a feature should one choose to use it.

that, is what I hope POE2 would be.
it's far, far too late for POE to become one.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 24, 2014, 3:25:10 PM
"
so, again: trade to get rich, or trade to kill monsters better?
enjoy using orbs and items, or just owning them?

All the above.

None of those are contradictory.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 24, 2014, 3:19:22 PM
I am forced to trade in order to craft.
I couldn't care less about a X/Y/Z unique item not dropping for me but gating crafting (also known as gambling) behind the same RNG is what i hate most.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
I dont like how "forced" implies that trading is something sooo bad.

Im not in category 1 for sure because I almost exclusively buy items that I'll use at one point or another. That being said I dont mind it.

LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info