So, how many times have YOU died?

my oldest char is about 720days old maybe +/- 20-30 not sure exactly.

It had about 100 deaths ....before I took every single keystone in the game. Now its probably close to 200
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Canderelia wrote:
Just Ripped at the corrupted area in the Crematorium. Frankenstein there won't stop hurling balls at me. Sigh. It was my first character too. So, I'm curious, how many times have you died on your first character?

At end of Ambush I had a poison arrow fire trap ranger that I knew was weak but wanted to push through Merciless Dominus boss fight so I waited until I had just leveled. 68 deaths later he was finally dead. So my total deaths on all builds is easily several 100.

Everyone says "just gear up better" and "boss battles are just a gear check" blah, blah, blah. Ok, so DUH and that's a "no shit" response. Fine but where are the better gear drops (item progression) past level 50 to make that a reality? And if trading is the answer where is the in-game trading system? No where to be found. GGG is losing/has lost it's way. Patch 1.2 and mini-expansion is the last hope for anything better out of this arpg or it's another "nice try but no cigar" arpg.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I play Hardcore, but I'm sure I've killed at least 30 characters since open beta started. The vast majority of my deaths are from early Normal or Cruel where I typically grab a lot of damage passives and try to blitz through the game. Late game, reflect has been the biggest issue for me. Also died to a few Corrupted Bosses, like that jerk in the Scepter.
Team Won
My first character has > 300 deaths I think.

When I started, the noobness stuck with me for a while.

I got to Act 3 merc with 1200 health, not too easy in OB.

He's still around, been respec 3 times I think.

First char? Doubtlessly has a few hundred, since I would kill certain difficult corrupt zone bosses by stepping through the door, hitting them, dying, and repeating. It was painfully slow.

My current char, I died 8 times so far. Mostly to desync, afk, and attempting to go through all the quests squishy-mode. Haven't died since I hit maps though.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
let's see.
about a thousand times on my softcore characters, before deciding to move onto hardcore.

first hc death was to the fire bitch at the beach in normal. Can't remember why.
second one... After getting bored with my lvl 79 bow duelist I tried making a templar who got 1 shot by a discharge monster in normal sarn, because the damn thing desynced from attacking my totem into right next to me.
Third death I think was much later in invasion, when my 67? marauder with maxed out resistances and I think 9k armor got practically 1 shot during a lag spike to the sword summoning guy appearing pre-nerf.
Fourth was my scion in the first 1 month league. Opened a strongbox and during the 1 second of lag spike that GGG can't fucking fix due to incompetence or just plain not giving a shit.
Fifth was my shadow at lvl 54 in the new 1 month league. Opened a strongbox, smoke mined away, and during the 1 second of lag spike that GGG can't fucking fix due to incompetence or just plain not giving a shit, I desynced back as a corpse.

Basically, all "meaningful" characters that died, died to desync and lag spikes from summoning stuff. Shit's really fucking disappointing because there was nothing I did wrong in those situations.
"
visiON123 wrote:
x - my death count (total)
y - average standard player death count (total)
n - time

Lim (x^n / y^n) as n->infinity = 0

so is that your fancy way of saying that you die less than most other players?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
"
visiON123 wrote:
n - time

Yes.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
Just curious, is 25 deaths at Act 3 Merciless decent for someone's first character? (Self found, self built)
"
visiON123 wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:
"
visiON123 wrote:
n - time

Yes.

you do realize, this equation holds true for y=x+1, too.
so your ability to brag -> 0, as well.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info