So, how many times have YOU died?

Just Ripped at the corrupted area in the Crematorium. Frankenstein there won't stop hurling balls at me. Sigh. It was my first character too. So, I'm curious, how many times have you died on your first character?
I mainly play hardcore character so my first one exactly died one time before being deleted. :P

However I have many RIPs under my hood. Conveniently everything is better than the end-game grind according to some posters around here so I don't feel like I really miss out something while scrubbing around low-level all the time. :D
First character was deleted after dying to the Fire Fury in Terraces. ): RIP

My first long term character that I continued after the HC rip totaled up at well over 300 deaths at level 70, and my Ambush 70 was around 120.
Died exactly once on my first character.Died around 4-5 times total on all characters ever made (once each:hardcore).Mostly to new content in 4 month leagues,the rest desync.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Jul 24, 2014, 5:55:39 AM
I play SC only, but of course I try to avoid death. Still depending on what gear is available and what build I'm playing my death counts per character probably range from 0 to 100.

There's always that one point where I'm fighting a harder area or boss and I just don't have proper gear yet, but I'm too lazy to fuse new stuff.

Also I remember dying >30 times to merciless Dominus the first time I tried. (and without checking any info about the fight)
My first i dont know. But my first on ambush died 397 times while i was farming my gear and played complete yolo with magic find :)
oh good god, my first first first character ever?????

I'd look but he has long since been wiped when OB started, but it was somewhere in the hundreds I'm sure of it

1500 life in merciless yolo swag is all I remember loloololll
S L O W E R
My first char in Standard -bow Ranger- has stopped at lvl 72 and 46 deaths. Did better than my actual lvl79 Marauder (65 for now).
My first HC char - also a Ranger - died in Normal Crossroads to an invader (the ranger/trapper one) and got deleted. Played a few more in Invasion and the charity race, but noone made it past Cruel Dominus :-(
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I don't remember my first char (from closed beta) but my first char after the wipe is still alive on HC! :D But I'm afraid to play him I stopped playing PoE right before Act 3 was introduced and messed up my nodes after the reset now I'm super tanky but really low dps and I still haven't done act 3 normal and I was already in cruel... and my next on I made in ambush when I came back has died over 9000 times
I play standard and like TheStalker I try to avoid death but not to the extent that I would if playing hardcore.

I've died a fair amount across all my characters. The death rate tends to increase with character level, partly because each new char starts with better gear choices and partly because I get better at planning my characters to survive the early game.

For instance, I'm fairly confident I can get to Dominus on Normal without dying on any character nowadays even though pretty much every boss has been a blocker for me at some point in the past. My understanding of what it means to be prepared for the Dominus fight has grown substantially recently too.

There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info