So, how many times have YOU died?

first character? around 170. over 1.5 years and still going (and dying) strong :)

all characters, in all leagues, ever (including deleted ones)?
over 500 probably, but that I didn't count to be honest.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 24, 2014, 1:41:27 PM
My lvl 90 archer which is my second character (the 1st one was terribad, dropped at end of normal), made at beginning of domination has died 50 times. 8-10 of them are due to physical reflect. She died 4 times to Dominus Merciless as I had terrible gear back then :p.
My squishy lvl 88 summoner: 34 times
My two ambush char 7 & 11 times, mostly to corrupted area bosses.
My lvl 87 EB/MoM incinerator: 6 times. Having block change a lot for survivability. Again most deaths were to corrupted area bosses during end cruel & merciless levelling.
My last archer: 2 times, once on the rock fall in merciless vaal, I suspect desync on this case, and once to hazardous alt-tab game stall :s. She's still only lvl 68.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jul 24, 2014, 1:59:54 PM
Did a test character in standard, that one died a lot.

Then three toons in HC, none ripped.
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
This is my 3rd char ever in HC and didn't die yet in the 1mhc :D Only 67 yet though. Only play HC in 1week/1 month stuff and all solo. My only 2 deaths were in a one week hc, first died to lmp dogs in docks cruel (lvl 51) and second died on a bridge in riverways, was 5 sec afk and monkeys managed to rape me (lvl 61). I'm really taking stuff very slowly and careful, but I don't buy bosskills, just doesn't feel right to me.

I'm close to my next goal which is lvl 70. Hope to get 80 if I manage to stay alive 2 more weeks :p

My first SC char died like 35 times on cruel dominus though :D But after that only 2 chars got more than 10 deaths :p
Last edited by leto2626 on Jul 24, 2014, 7:52:50 PM
My Cast on Death culler friend has 4000 or so >.>
450 times and counting. Playing around with Cast on Death didn't help :)
3000 amongst of all of my toons. <50 deaths on my latest toon lvl 88.
My current templar in the 1month has died 64 times. Usually most of my deaths are in maps, pushing/testing the limits of my build and gear. This time around I just played without really caring about deaths at all so I am a little disappointed in myself :p

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
I mainly play hardcore character so my first one exactly died one time before being deleted. :P

However I have many RIPs under my hood. Conveniently everything is better than the end-game grind according to some posters around here so I don't feel like I really miss out something while scrubbing around low-level all the time. :D

Grinding maps can get boring, especially if you have bad rng. However, I used to play similar to you. I would kill a different character every week or two, but with each death I learned new things and had a lot of fun making up builds.

Then I decided to try out domination league after ripping routinely since open beta. Mapping was like a whole new experience for me. It was insanely fun and addicting, and I got to see my character grow progressively stronger, exceeding my own expectations.

Would recommend. If nothing else, it has given me a good idea of what to expect for endgame if I ever make a serious hardcore character again.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629242
x - my death count (total)
y - average standard player death count (total)
n - time

Lim (x^n / y^n) as n->infinity = 0
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
My first one had 350+. Cruel vaal had killed me like 50 times. After that i went full hc. Died 5-10 times in hc, 10-12 in onslaught, 4-5 in nemesis, 3-4 in invasion and once in ambush.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jul 25, 2014, 5:34:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info