RF snapshot fix

"
SorakPoE wrote:
So Mark, just want to confirm:

If someone uses a Tabula Rasa to cast a 6Led Righteous Fire, then swapped the Tabula for a Kaom's Heart, the RF damage (and IIQ/IIR if applicable) would still operate as cast. However, if you were to cast RF out of a 6L Carcass Jack and replace that with a Kaom's Heart, the RF would lose the bonuses to AoE / Damage from losing the CJ.

As far as I understood the damage to monsters will stop but the self damage will continue soon as you take the gem off.

If you leave the gem equipped but change gear (ie carcass jack) the size of the RF will change but it won't stop.
IGN: LiveD_LivE
Will we be able to Cast RF and get full benefits maybe from lets say hmmm secondary weapon set? :D , id love that, finally a use for it apart from living 6extra gems.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
Sawm wrote:
Will we be able to Cast RF and get full benefits maybe from lets say hmmm secondary weapon set? :D , id love that, finally a use for it apart from living 6extra gems.
That's how it works now and it won't work that way in the future.
rip dual redbeak leer cast and dying breath bonuses. :/

That being said is RF going to be buffed in anyway so that its not at roughly 1/3 of its previous damage?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
By the way Mark, any new thoughts on RF snapshotting after our last conversation?
I suspect we'll probably go with the version where removing them gem stops all it's effect except the self burn, but as far as I know that's not fully locked in yet.
This is now confirmed and implemented.
Thanks Mark! Guess I can go about crafting a new pair of gloves to cast my RF in a 4L so my Kaom's still has some semblance of usefulness.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I'm guessing ( i have kaom's as well) go for a 4 L route, RF + Concentrated effect + burning damage + Increase area of damage?
Yep. It's either that or use my carcass jack and lose 1400+ life.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Can anyone give me the rough numbers of how much of a DPS loss the snapshot fix is? On my phone and can't load spreadsheets atm.

Assuming Carcass Jack :)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
By the way Mark, any new thoughts on RF snapshotting after our last conversation?
I suspect we'll probably go with the version where removing them gem stops all it's effect except the self burn, but as far as I know that's not fully locked in yet.
This is now confirmed and implemented.

Sick, Mark. Thanks a lot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info