$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

I have no idea how you want to go lowlife with a Solaris, since the main energyshield comes from the armor and the IIR shield has no ES at all?

€: Switching to Solaris would make me < 2.000 ES with my lv 76.
Last edited by Lye51 on Aug 24, 2014, 8:43:38 AM
"
FatRhys wrote:
Would zealot's oath be any good or is it just better to hide behind the totems and regen?

Good question. We only have 1% life regen, wirh a small life pool to begin with. It would have very little impact for the passive point investment. The best way to "heal" for this build would be reducing the ES delay before recharge.

If you watch the videos, you'll notice that I set the totems and while they are firing away, I am running around collecting drops. At most, I get hit once or twice before they are both down, where I resume by cleanup activities.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
"
Lye51 wrote:
I have no idea how you want to go lowlife with a Solaris, since the main energyshield comes from the armor and the IIR shield has no ES at all?

If you look at the very first page, at the Solaris Lorica itemization, you can see which pieces of gear provide the ES. You can get up to 3500 easily in that version.

I addressed this point in the 3rd post (it was the very first question that game up after the build was posted), along with "Is 3400 ES enough?"

I'll give you a chance to read the original post, and the follow up replies. If you still have any questions, let me know.
Added a new Strongbox Strategy Video and A2M "The Crypt" level 60 farming video to the original post.

Level 63 gear and gem loadout:

Key Stats:

Energy Shield: 1555
Unreserved Mana: 196/545
Auras: Level 15 Clarity, Discipline, Purity of Elements, Haste

Quantity: 23%
Rarity: 239%
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 24, 2014, 2:13:00 PM
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
Lye51 wrote:

If you look at the very first page, at the Solaris Lorica itemization, you can see which pieces of gear provide the ES. You can get up to 3500 easily in that version.

I addressed this point in the 3rd post (it was the very first question that game up after the build was posted), along with "Is 3400 ES enough?"

I'll give you a chance to read the original post, and the follow up replies. If you still have any questions, let me know.

Yeah sorry, I kinda missed that one haha. Well I man upped and tried it with ~ 2k ES and it's still ok as long as someone is tanking.
"
Lye51 wrote:
Yeah sorry, I kinda missed that one haha. Well I man upped and tried it with ~ 2k ES and it's still ok as long as someone is tanking.

Don't do it with 2000 ES, you will just have a poor gaming experience. Plus, you should focus on ES nodes, over DPS nodes (Like I currently am)

My Current Tree at level 63:
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
Don't do it with 2000 ES, you will just have a poor gaming experience. Plus, you should focus on ES nodes, over DPS nodes (Like I currently am)

My Current Tree at level 63:

Thanks for the reply,

what about farming Docks with lowlife MF @ 2k ES?
That is a question about your current level of dps in this case. The level of the content is not what is important, but the encounters. If you can handle the invaders, rare voidbearers with multi projectiles and the various rogue exiles, then go for it. But I don't recommend it if your character level is over 65. the xp vs risk is not worth it and you would get discouraged not leveling.

We can't be greedy at this point... if you are having ES issues, drop the Stormwheel and get a decent ES shield. Your "Quantity" values is more important than rarity anyway since 1 point of Q is like 5 points of R

Note: Added a shop thread to the original post.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 24, 2014, 5:00:23 PM
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
Added a new Strongbox Strategy Video and A2M "The Crypt" level 60 farming video to the original post.

Level 63 gear and gem loadout:

Key Stats:

Energy Shield: 1555
Unreserved Mana: 196/545
Auras: Level 15 Clarity, Discipline, Purity of Elements, Haste

Quantity: 23%
Rarity: 239%

How are you finding the lack of resistances with that setup (at least the only real res I can find there is your purity of elements (and a bit of fire and cold res from items), or am I missing something?)

I'm using Aurseize instead of your gloves (dual spork MF build adapted from your tree), but I'm quite interested in item quantity, but I'm afraid of going too low with resistances. Thanks for all your info!
Last edited by Waervyn on Aug 24, 2014, 5:25:04 PM
"
Waervyn wrote:

How are you finding the lack of resistances with that setup (at least the only real res I can find there is your purity of elements (and a bit of fire and cold res from items), or am I missing something?)

I'm using Aurseize instead of your gloves (dual spork MF build adapted from your tree), but I'm quite interested in item quantity, but I'm afraid of going too low with resistances. Thanks for all your info!

Great question! My resistances are in the TANK. But I can stick to farming areas that have little to no spell damage (Riverways, Wetlands) Fire resist is easy to stack with Purity of Fire, which puts us in the Crematorium and Docks territory.

Once you go low-life (around 55), you should be racing for the aura reservation nodes. You should be running 6 max level auras once you do, and that should be the beginning of your mapping (68-ish)

But to be honest, I can deal with spell casters because the totems do all the work. I actually prefer them to phys projectiles because spells don't miss the totems and they eat them like a champ. Just pop them around a corner, into a room, or leapfrog them in open areas.

3 areas to not go low-life are: City of Sarn (Boss), Battlefront, Slums and Orchard.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 24, 2014, 7:38:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info