$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

Thanks a lot for your explanation!

I'm still debating on whether I should respec to flame-totem instead of spark (as it frees up one socket), but this guide really helped me a lot :)
Great guide! Just wanted to say thanks: I've been something very similar this league and transitioned to low maps at 64. Rolling along nicely, plenty of MF, and safe (enough) if you play cautiously. My ES is low, but I only get whacked if I'm playing loose :)

Thanks for all of the updates!

One question: what are you thoughts on Herald of Ice with this? Seems to work well, and so cheap to run for the dps boost. I've been working it in when I can (at the cost of purity of ice).

He's got herald of ice in his build on the front page, so I guess he likes it as well ;)
But I agree as well, awesome buff (mostly for solo mapping when I need the damage).

Edit:
Ok...so I just tried out flame totem instead of my spark totem...my efficiency increased by a crazy amount. A bit sad about it as I love the spark spider effect...but the difference isn't even funny.
So thank you sir for making this awesome and efficient build :)
Last edited by Waervyn on Aug 25, 2014, 6:37:32 PM
Ah, he edited in herald of ice info a few days ago.....my bad :)

Great build. Definitely works to start off the new league and get my loot flowing.
Hey i saw that someone uses immortal call+enduring cry.Are you recommend these two gem for this build?I am lvl 72 and i am struggling to survive in dominos and some map bosses what should i do to survive?

i have 2.8k es and %78 resistance with purify of each element buff.Damage is ok right now i guess :)
And fire trap or cold snap trap? :)

Also very fun to play with flame totem thank you for this build guide.
Last edited by Marshy61 on Aug 26, 2014, 9:42:48 AM
"
Marshy61 wrote:
Hey i saw that someone uses immortal call+enduring cry.Are you recommend these two gem for this build?I am lvl 72 and i am struggling to survive in dominos and some map bosses what should i do to survive?

i have 2.8k es and %78 resistance with purify of each element buff.Damage is ok right now i guess :)

I'm not OP, but some things that might help:

1)More ES, obviously. Once you get more levels, once you get more discipline levels, it'll round out.
2)Arctic Armour
3)Immortal call set up(I imagine you also have spare time to self cast it)
4)Cold Snap trap is supposed to help chill/freeze bosses to reduce their threat.
"
Waervyn wrote:
Thanks a lot for your explanation!

I'm still debating on whether I should respec to flame-totem instead of spark (as it frees up one socket), but this guide really helped me a lot :)

I would really be interested in seeing the damage difference. I have a 20/20 spark I could try out, but I would need about 20 regrets to switch from fire to lightinng.

"
Waervyn wrote:
Ok...so I just tried out flame totem instead of my spark totem...my efficiency increased by a crazy amount. A bit sad about it as I love the spark spider effect...but the difference isn't even funny.
So thank you sir for making this awesome and efficient build :)

I am one of the old-school spork lovers. But yeah, they really broke it hard.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 26, 2014, 12:40:40 PM
"
potato679 wrote:
Great guide! Just wanted to say thanks: I've been something very similar this league and transitioned to low maps at 64. Rolling along nicely, plenty of MF, and safe (enough) if you play cautiously. My ES is low, but I only get whacked if I'm playing loose :)

Thanks for all of the updates!

One question: what are you thoughts on Herald of Ice with this? Seems to work well, and so cheap to run for the dps boost. I've been working it in when I can (at the cost of purity of ice).

I really appreciate the feedback.

I supposed I could replace Purity of Ice with HoI, and live with about 33-35% cold resist. It would make my dependency on Flasks greater if I go that route. I guess we could all use more DPS, right? :D
"
Marshy61 wrote:

Thanks Iplaywithsinged. Yes, ES will help with certain encounters. Keep a setup on weapon swap, so you can always change it without slowing your progress. Dominus for me is really easy till I get to the second form. ES is the only cure for that cleave/bleed.

Let me know which bosses you are having issues with and I will try to put up a strategy video. (No chaos spider bosses though - I don't do those.

Fire trap is your journeyman skill when dealing with situations that the totems can't fix. We suffer from surprise attacks (Strongboxes, Devourers) and anything that shoots projectiles (Porcupine Goliath). It also allows us to set up ambushes and target softening. What it can't do, is stop things from chasing or shooting at you. Plus the Doryani's turns a 3 link Fire/Cold Snap Trap, into an effective 4-link with the built-in proliferate.

Ambush boxes are a breeze when at least one of the three Cold Snap Traps freeze-locks the ambush and your totems take 1-2 seconds to BBQ them.

As for CWDT, I am running that in my chest till I can get my 2nd Solaris Lorica 6-socketed and linked. It's VERY useful if you are low on ES or want to man mode content (I am running 66/67 magic maps with 1700 ES).

Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 26, 2014, 12:57:56 PM
Finally got my flame totem. its making things more manageable.

gear is the issue tho =\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info