$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
qitip wrote:
man you are blowing me away with drops so far. i cant wait to get to totem level.

are there updated leveling passive trees yet?

RNG is a fickle woman. She be cold, she be warm - either way we are her slave. (Yes, I am married)

The passive tree updates are on the first post. Let me know if it isn't visible to you.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
what kind os masters do we need to get?
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
All my self found gear so far in the past 2 days:

Spoiler
All-in-all, about 5ex worth.

Also a high rolled Stone of Lazhwar which I gave to a friend, about 200 Alterations, 10 Fusings, 200 Chroms, 20 Alchemy, 7 Chaos, 2 GCP, 2 Scouring, 4 Regrets, 1 blessing, and a plethora of quality enhancing orbs.

No mirrors yet LOL

That Cloak of Flame (baby-L.coil) and the ring combo is SO NICE

No uniques for me yet :(
Just some trash orb
At what level(ish) should you switch to running low life? I can do it at 45 by juggling blood magic and some auras, but I feel like Redbeak's dps increase isn't worth it yet due to low hp, low shield, and not having the keystone yet.

On the upside, you get to have "Highway to the Dangerzone" playing in your head as you run around Cruel with 400 hp.
Im a little special.. lol
I read the guide but i don't know what gems to have at what level and stuff, i see a couple of required auras but not really skills to level with. I've read the last couple of pages to use fireball. New to totemers and stoof. Sorry if im slow
"
JoeODanger wrote:
At what level(ish) should you switch to running low life? I can do it at 45 by juggling blood magic and some auras, but I feel like Redbeak's dps increase isn't worth it yet due to low hp, low shield, and not having the keystone yet.

On the upside, you get to have "Highway to the Dangerzone" playing in your head as you run around Cruel with 400 hp.

If and when, you are ready for the switch to low-life, you should have pathed to Pain Attunement. The redbeak is just a bonus. 30% More damage will be worth it if you can keep your ES up.

Edit: Is that a reference to Top Gun/Kenny Loggins? Haha.. Old times.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 23, 2014, 3:12:16 AM
"
camuer wrote:
Im a little special.. lol
I read the guide but i don't know what gems to have at what level and stuff, i see a couple of required auras but not really skills to level with. I've read the last couple of pages to use fireball. New to totemers and stuff. Sorry if im slow

Fireball + Firetrap is essential at the start. Then you want to get Clarity, Heral of Ice, Added Lightning Damage, LMP, Fire penetration, Faster Casting, Flammability, Item Rarity and Reduce Mana (Pretty much in that order)

Early leveling, will be pretty basic - drop traps then nuke away with fireball. Once you get LMP, fireball's damage really shines.

When you get Fire Penetration, you can make a 4-link of: Fireball, LMP, Fire Trap and Fire Penetration.

At the point where you can finally get Flame totem as a quest reward, you will create the 4-link: Fireball, Fire Penetration, LMP and Flame totem. Fire trap can be paired up with Added lightning damage, and eventually, Increased Burning Damage.

Once you get to Ancestral bond, your Fireball becomes something to blow up crates and barrels with, so that will be moved out of the 4-Link.

Here is an example of the setup once you get the required gems pre-50 level:

Spoiler

Note: I realize that it would make sense to swap placement of the gems in the shield - scepter, but I won't waste valuable currency trying for off colours. +1 to flammability will not make any difference at this point of the game. I rather have the currency.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 23, 2014, 1:53:05 AM
Updated the first post to include:

- Revisions to the Introduction
- Added an early leveling guide/ General strategies.
- Pre/post update 1.2.0 analysis
Very nice build, currently trying out.

Played the character for a while, and I'm at 56, just using dual searing bond while leveling all the gems that I need to level.

My concern is, many people have doubts (including me) with the survivability of this build, especially with the "budget" build. And since I'm playing in the new league, I myself have a little concern with the survivability of the budget build; low level AA(which is useless if lower than lvl 16), no MoM, no cloak of defiance, no leech (as a totemer), no Grace+IR, no armour, no CWDT setup, can't use OP-upgraded-flasks which gives like 1000 life as per charge (seething), etc, etc...

maybe it's a good idea to post a video with the budget gear, if you still have one.

With budget setup(if you still have the gears in your stash) - make a short Piety run, or like a rare 68 map.

This will help us ALOT, since many of the players think this character will RIP many times.

-------------------------------

Gonna transition to low life soon, around lvl 70-ish... Can't wait + I'm so worried! :)

Last edited by greensunggwa on Aug 23, 2014, 2:21:47 PM
"
greensunggwa wrote:
Very nice build, currently trying out.

Played the character for a while, and I'm at 56, just using dual searing bond while leveling all the gems that I need to level.

My concern is, many people have doubts (including me) with the survivability of this build, especially with the "budget" build. And since I'm playing in the new league, I myself have a little concern with the survivability of the budget build; low level AA(which is useless if lower than lvl 16), no MoM, no cloak of defiance, no leech (as a totemer), no Grace+IR, no armour, no CWDT setup, can't use OP-upgraded-flasks which gives like 1000 life as per charge (seething), etc, etc...

maybe it's a good idea to post a video with the budget gear, if you still have one.

With budget setup(if you still have the gears in your stash) - make a short Piety run, or like a rare 68 map.

This will help us ALOT, since many of the players think this character will RIP many times.

-------------------------------

Gonna transition to low life soon, around lvl 70-ish... Can't wait + I'm so worried! :)

I hear ya. I just ran level 71 Colonnade (no rips) with terrible mods: Double Boss, +28% pack size, curse immune 4 projectiles and 50% regen. I cleared it, but it took over 20 minutes considering I am only running a 3-link for my flame totem in addition to my rare/quantity gem (5L solaris) 301R/69Q

Once I can figure out how to make a proper video for youtube, I'll get one up.

To answer your question about "where is the defense"; Your resist will be overcapped. You will have between 3500 and 4000 ES. You also have a great deal of mobility and range.

But most of all, your 2 tanks in front of you always. I rarely get hit, and when I do, I can sustain enough damage to reposition myself, or the totems. If you notice from those videos above - I almost never use the flask setup (apart from quicksilvers)

Whether I am wearing the Solaris or the Shavs, it's my play style that keeps me from getting overwhelmed. There are totem placement strategies thT I make use of frequently. Multiple proj voidbearers, bosses, rares all fall when I "pinball" them between two totems. I also make great use of obstacles and terrain. In open areas strafing around the perimeter of packs keeps them chasing and dropping like flies. And for the super fast snakes and such, simple kiting backwards works till the totems reclaim the aggro.

Most people have commented that the flaw in this is ranged attacks. But it really is amazing how your totems will draw 99% of the aggro and the only time you will get hit, is if you postion your totems directly in front of you while a ranged mob has piercing. I have never died to a projectile attack. Just the Desync.

I can do 73-74 white maps no problem with this setup, so anything under level 70 is a breeze for farming.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 23, 2014, 4:43:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info